All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Then apparently I'm the failure. Every time I try to use it I have to press the help button thing. Why can't the sensor thing understand that my ONE light bulb IS in the bag??
And they need an "eye sensor" for us over 21's buying wine so we don't have to wait for assistance :D

I'm bummed I missed replying to NJCoach (who it won't let me tag, for some reason) about how I came to the boards. You want to talk about pain? Try being a goofy, awkward 19 year old girl who unintentionally stumbles onto what would amount to bullying/harassment by today's internet standards. Being mocked for everything from your clothes to your hair to the way you talk, to your feet (ok, maybe not my feet. Because I doubt you could see them via my shoddy, pixel-nightmare webcam).

I spent 30 minutes horrified, embarrassed, and hurt. Because my generation never had to grow up with that stuff so I had zero clue as to how to handle it. Then I reminded myself that I earned the nickname 'Queen of Sass' and by good golly I'd show the internet how I EARNED it.

I posted a snarky, sassy, rebuttal with moderately witty quips and some self-deprecating humor. Apparently I'm actually somewhat endearing when you get to know me a little. I can't say I know what it's like for everyone to be talking about you somewhat to your face but in a roundabout way, but I walked through the fire and was reborn. Therefore I am Khaleesi/Kissed by Fire.

Side note: screw the horrible people who did my laptop repair. They caused me to miss that entire second half of the thread and 4 days of internet which is essentially a year. A plague upon their houses.

If anyone works ant Abercrombie, answer this question which a lot of other moms wonder about! Why the heck do you have to spray enough "fragrance" that you can smell it on the other side of the building? Personally I do not go in there because it gives me a headache!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I loathe that store for that and more reasons.

If anyone works ant Abercrombie, answer this question which a lot of other moms wonder about! Why the heck do you have to spray enough "fragrance" that you can smell it on the other side of the building? Personally I do not go in there because it gives me a headache!

Lol I worked there last summer and I LOVE the smell of Abercrombie. Not totally sure why but about every hour or so an associate walks around the store spraying the fragrance on the clothes. Personally I love the smell of Fierce (what's it's called) and I was always excited when I was the one picked to go around and spray it lol

I'm bummed I missed replying to NJCoach (who it won't let me tag, for some reason) about how I came to the boards. You want to talk about pain? Try being a goofy, awkward 19 year old girl who unintentionally stumbles onto what would amount to bullying/harassment by today's internet standards. Being mocked for everything from your clothes to your hair to the way you talk, to your feet (ok, maybe not my feet. Because I doubt you could see them via my shoddy, pixel-nightmare webcam).

I spent 30 minutes horrified, embarrassed, and hurt. Because my generation never had to grow up with that stuff so I had zero clue as to how to handle it. Then I reminded myself that I earned the nickname 'Queen of Sass' and by good golly I'd show the internet how I EARNED it.

I posted a snarky, sassy, rebuttal with moderately witty quips and some self-deprecating humor. Apparently I'm actually somewhat endearing when you get to know me a little. I can't say I know what it's like for everyone to be talking about you somewhat to your face but in a roundabout way, but I walked through the fire and was reborn. Therefore I am Khaleesi/Kissed by Fire.

Side note: screw the horrible people who did my laptop repair. They caused me to miss that entire second half of the thread and 4 days of internet which is essentially a year. A plague upon their houses.

Try being accused of being someone you're not and having to reveal your giant-pored face on the internet to identify yourself.

Too soon?

Last edited:
Try being accused of being someone you're not and having to reveal your giant-pored face on the internet to identify yourself.

Too soon?

Ahh that brief thread brought back memories of years and boards gone by...

Of being accused and "outed" as being a moderator of the boards simply because I was friends in real life with one of the former moderators. Never was a moderator, never was apologized to.

When you were automatically assumed to be fake unless you had your real picture up, publicly stated your gym/team and were verified by one of the regulars on the boards as being legit.

The days of your posts being automatically dissed and dismissed unless you were connected to one of the major/notable/fan favorite gyms in the country because if you knew what you were doing or were any good as an athlete you would only work/cheer for one of those gyms. And people would post that opinion openly with very few people publicly disagreeing.

When having more than one profile/user name was the norm for many reasons...some good and some bad.

When you had to save private messages because of someone trying to turn the tables on you on the boards. Or off the boards not thinking someone would actually call you to verify it.

When moderators often openly took sides with friends and friends of friends programs and unflattering posts were deleted immediately while total balderdash about other programs was left up for everyone to see...till the boards crashed/died.

Sniff...good times....not really.

I will say that with all of the positive improvements in the board and life on the boards (and there have been very many and for that I am grateful) the one constant has been the desire to be first one to post with "new information" or to claim to be in the know of something no one else does. That rush along with other friends that swear the info is spot on often leads to the erroneous info being put out there.

I will say that with all of the positive improvements in the board and life on the boards (and there have been very many and for that I am grateful) the one constant has been the desire to be first one to post with "new information" or to claim to be in the know of something no one else does.

This is really strange. There are folks on this site who know which Chelsea Cheerlebrity moved to whatever new team at all times (with tweets/instagram screen shots/etc. ready to post.) Or tons of what I deem to be insider info about kids, where they go to school, etc.

At times, I can't even remember when our trash is supposed to go out.

On a random summer related note: Best places for flip flops?

This is really strange. There are folks on this site who know which Chelsea Cheerlebrity moved to whatever new team at all times (with tweets/instagram screen shots/etc. ready to post.) Or tons of what I deem to be insider info about kids, where they go to school, etc.

I kinda think of it as middle school/high school friends/social circles run amuck. You want to be in the cool crowd....you want to be "accepted"...well you have to know something they don't and show you are worthy of their acceptance. I never cared for that stuff even when I was in school. I was more of the leave me the heck alone crowd...lol. IMO with the advent of social media it is just more amped up and easier than ever.

On a random summer related note: Best places for flip flops?
Flip flops - Grab some Havianas at Nordys or Costco has them right now too (in limited colors)

Back