All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No. There are three locations.

We are not connected to CAC anymore but I've posted a couple times because the rumors that keep getting posted here aren't helping the situation. They are having tough year but it's a place my daughter spent 8 years of her life and I wish them best.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Believe me - I have heard plenty of nasty "rumors" about the owner of CAC and I haven't put them on the board so please don't accuse me of starting rumors. I asked a question that was already a topic of discussion.

Believe me - I have heard plenty of nasty "rumors" about the owner of CAC and I haven't put them on the board so please don't accuse me of starting rumors. I asked a question that was already a topic of discussion.
I haven't classified anything here as a rumor, just general discussion of what is going on in the Charlotte cheer world. And the only things I've responded to aren't rumors but fact. The information I have that is unconfirmed would be rumor...which is why it's not posted. That would be inappropriate.

As an aside this thread has been so thoroughly derailed it basically needs it's own or to be renamed.

But SSM is not teaching them to fly or flying techniques. She's conditioning them to make them more flexible. CEA, to my knowledge has never had specific classes that all flyers had to attend as they do for tumbling classes. Flyer classes were always "privates" setup with coaches or summer camps that anyone can attend. I don't think that has changed.
Actually she does teach flying techniques and not just flexibility :) She demonstrates why pulling your feet, legs, arms this way or that way (you get the gist) is bad, that it causes you to lose balance, as well as proper body technique to ensure you're doing your job instead of relying solely on bases, etc.

She does do flyer privates, but she also would teach a class during the week for flyers emphasizing strength, flexibility, technique, form, etc. I did already note it was an extra class not covered by monthly expenses though.

So I guess she taught another one that I didn't even know about until @mstealtoyou mentioned it lol

Good point?
Their AVERAGE AGE is 6.5!? Do they have a few four year olds on there?
4 years old seem a bit young
Hmm that's interesting bc the ones I've seen "advertised" (so to speak) as being on the team who would be basing bc "they want to try it bc they think it'd be fun" already base. A majority of them have been basing for years- and regardless of age, many of them have been at CEA for 4-8 years/seasons at least bc they started when they were tiny age. Matter of fact, I found a hand me down t-shirt from the 2008-2009 season for Tiny's and there are at least 4 I know from that shirt on this team. And a mini elite (back when it was a true level 3 team) shirt from 2009-2010.

Five more (besides the 4 I just mentioned) have had solid level 3 skills- especially stunting and tumbling, for at least 2-3 years, if not more.
I know bc I have videos of them on ME back then.

At least 4 of the girls on the team have been on Junior Elite for at least 2 prior seasons, and at least half from the team pic I saw are from YE as well. So to say that they're mostly young and implying most of them aren't way above their level is incredibly misleading. The poster who said I was prob mistaken about how long some of them have been there and confusing them with kids who'd aged off of YE already is not accurate. If you count, 2008-2015 equals 7 years- not to mention this includes youth age kids, not former Minis.

I'm sorry but if you're not gonna be honest and acknowledge that many of those kids have been at that gym for 4 or more years and that it's not designed to be "stacked" is kind of disingenuous. Especially in a day and age when videos are everywhere. Also, to say it's bc so many aged off of Minis isn't entirely accurate either, since their "Mini 3" team the past couple of years has actually been a youth 3 team w/the exception of non-USASF sanctioned events (I.e.- their "X" evolution events) and have competed with kids over mini age at those events.

And to add to this discussion a bit more- anyone remember CSP's school/advancing levels analogy in her thread? Basically she said if your teams don't move up a level pretty much yearly you've failed them as a coach just like not passing to the next grade in school...AND that she didn't understand why kids at gyms, or more so gyms whose philosophy it is, to be "proud"of competing at the same level for years instead of advancing. She explained her strategy for having crossovers was in part to help facilitate their growth quicker.

So since half of this team has been there more than 4 years and most of them more, and they aren't at least competing a level higher, haven't you, by your own definition, "failed" them (her words not mine)? And are you proud to have kids who've been on level 5 teams now for several years and kids who've been at your gym for 7 or more years drop down to form a level 3 team?

Look just to be clear- I'm not hating on anyone, especially not kids. And if the gym's decided to take on a different approach/coaching philosophy, then it's certainly their prerogative and that's ok too! But if you're gonna put a team out there, promote them, give them constant exposure, etc and people happen to notice that it seems a bit "unbalanced", especially compared to your well known coaching philosophy (not to mention video proof) you can't get mad at them and then try to make up "reasons" and try to pass them off as legit "facts".

*sorry @gofriars610 - I just used this as a jumping off post bc I'm on my phone posting and it was easier than going back a few pages.

Thank you for bringing this to the forefront! My CP belongs to a smaller gym and we constantly compete against these HUUUUUGE gyms who have the ability to use multiple crossovers and take level 5 athletes and use then to create lower level teams so they can win more divisions. What happened to integrity, honesty and the fact that these ARE kids! Play fair, stop bribing good athletes on other teams to come to your gyms and stop creating lower level teams with high division athletes! We have a local gym who I am told by their teammates, that they constantly use crossovers to win lower divisions...and pictures don't lie nor does video. When you se the same faces over and over... Be honest and have some friggin integrit

Olympics are considered the most elite competition. I would compare it to Worlds in this example. There are what we consider "mega gyms" at Worlds or teams that consistently win that you could compare the USA or Russia, Romania, China etc to as far as being the best of the best in gymnastics, for example. And there are teams at Worlds that are on a completely different "level" from those highly competitive level 5 gyms and they probably will never make it to finals, such as a country that would never even qualify for Finals at the Olympics. There is nothing wrong with consistently strong countries at the Olympics competing against weak countries just as there is nothing wrong with consistently strong teams at Worlds competing against weaker teams - they are still all competing at the same level.
However, you won't see Michael Phelps competing in the Bay State Games or a lower type level swim event, nor will you see Aly Raisman compete level 6 at a gymnastic event. I think that is the issue many of us are tired of seeing and wish USASF would make some restrictions because it happens in cheer on a regular basis.
AMEN!!!

Coming back to this, I had the oppurinity this week to be coached by Miguel at my high schools practice at ACX. He is an amazing coach, I've seen so much improvement in myself and my team. Not just skill wise but also attitude as well. I cannot wait to get more instruction from him this season! :)
Awesome! My sister is at the Columbia gym and I look forward to meeting him at competition.

Coming back to this, I had the oppurinity this week to be coached by Miguel at my high schools practice at ACX. He is an amazing coach, I've seen so much improvement in myself and my team. Not just skill wise but also attitude as well. I cannot wait to get more instruction from him this season! :)
Miguel is great, my CP adores him! He's the right balance of stern & nurturing.

He's a good coach. I know ACX will enjoy having him.

Back