All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Main is basically the same drive we were making to CEA Charlotte last year. On a weekend or coming home it's about 40 minutes maybe. However in South Charlotte traffic either down Independence or 485 outer loop it can be upwards of 90 minutes based on the traffic and time of day. Sometimes I'd hit it well and be there in 45 minutes, sometimes it would be an hour and a half. It's about 35 miles give or take but Charlotte traffic is completely unpredictable. I much preferred driving 104 miles to kville for the boy than the 35 to Charlotte for her. It was longer but at least I knew I could count on the drive to be the same day in and day out. That's not the case for Charlotte traffic. It's maddening.

Lol but how far is it from the main location to their other gym that closed? (I assume most people won't be commuting from your house :p ) I assume he is asking if it's still feasible for the people from the one that closed to stay with the program, or is the location that is still open in a totally different location?

(For example, if Fame VA Beach closed, Fame Midlo is reeeeeally far from the beach, and probably not a viable option for most people)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

What mama said. Kind of wondering the balance of lost revenue and risk of losing athletes vs expenses saved by closing a location. Typically any loss of revenue, even with cutting the expenses of a facility is not a good thing, especially when it is unlikely the list revenue (athletes) will move to another location and continue adding to the gyms revenue.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

Lol but how far is it from the main location to their other gym that closed? (I assume most people won't be commuting from your house :p ) I assume he is asking if it's still feasible for the people from the one that closed to stay with the program, or is the location that is still open in a totally different location?

(For example, if Fame VA Beach closed, Fame Midlo is reeeeeally far from the beach, and probably not a viable option for most people)

The people from the gym that closed were all our former teammates from Aviator before it became C West. We all live in the same area. The vast majority of us actually live between that closed location and main so the distance I would drive is basically the distance everyone who attended there would drive. That's why my commute was relevant.

Since we're on the topic now, it was just announced that the CAC South allstar director will be moving to work at ACX Charleston.

Does that mean that South closed too? #rutroh

No. There are three locations.

We are not connected to CAC anymore but I've posted a couple times because the rumors that keep getting posted here aren't helping the situation. They are having tough year but it's a place my daughter spent 8 years of her life and I wish them best.

We are not connected to CAC anymore but I've posted a couple times because the rumors that keep getting posted here aren't helping the situation. They are having tough year but it's a place my daughter spent 8 years of her life and I wish them best.

I'll have to re-read but didn't think any rumors of really feel it was a down year. Team count slightly down but that happens.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

Sad to read CAC isn't doing as well as they have in the past. I remember competing at ICF in Nashville for the first time and seeing them. I was in AWE. I get very nostalgic when I see them.

i always thought they expanded a little too rapidly so the extra locations other than main closing doesn't surprise me or worry me. they're one of the (or THEE) longest standing all star gym in the country. i think they'll be just fine. the initial "mass exodus" of a mega gym with a wonderful reputation happened, but each season from here on out there will probably be a natural fluctuation of kids from CA to CAC to CEA. it happens.

i used to love watching CAC in the large limited TEAL days and i hope they get back to that. in my own perfect world, having such a strong competitor nearby will shift their philosophies on team building to having stronger, more level appropriate teams. it will only help them in the long run and i hope to see them thrive and succeed, as well as all of their neighbors. otherwise competitions won't be very fun.

Back