All-Star Teammates "sabotaging" Eachother On Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

beetle. said:
and the girl that randomly decided to walk off the floor ;)

I wonder if anyone on here has ever walked out on their team? When is that ever even an option? How can anyone justify doing that? IS there a situation that makes that not only a choice but a good one?
That is mind boggling to me. I've had people not show up. I've never had someone leave the stage (willingly anyway) before the end of the routine. How do they make it out of the building unscathed?

These are serious questions!!

I wonder if anyone on here has ever walked out on their team? When is that ever even an option? How can anyone justify doing that? IS there a situation that makes that not only a choice but a good one?
That is mind boggling to me. I've had people not show up. I've never had someone leave the stage (willingly anyway) before the end of the routine. How do they make it out of the building unscathed?

I think it's acceptable to exit the floor if you are injured and honestly cannot finish the routine. Usually music would be stopped but if it wasn't I guess I can see this as justifiable. One of my teammates hurt her ankle at Jamfest a couple years back and Jamfest doesn't stop the music unless the team instructs so. She couldn't walk and no one knew what was going on with her and she rolled off the back of the stage. I guess another example would be for an epileptic who was going through an aura, unless you've been around someone when this happens and know it's occurring, you would think "what on earth is she doing" at that point walking off the floor and getting immediate medical attention would be necessary. Should you keep her on the floor you are endangering her and anyone she stunts with if not the whole team period.

it is rediculous!! if you love the sport and the team then why would you ever walk off the floor...and if you dont then dont cheer anymore! my pet peeve is when people want to quite your team or leave and they pick the absolute worst time to do it. such as not showing up to a competition, quiting the practice before a big comp, or even a week before. these people have no morals and are inconsiderate of everyone but themselves!

whatsarisalee said:
I think it's acceptable to exit the floor if you are injured and honestly cannot finish the routine. Usually music would be stopped but if it wasn't I guess I can see this as justifiable. One of my teammates hurt her ankle at Jamfest a couple years back and Jamfest doesn't stop the music unless the team instructs so. She couldn't walk and no one knew what was going on with her and she rolled off the back of the stage. I guess another example would be for an epileptic who was going through an aura, unless you've been around someone when this happens and know it's occurring, you would think "what on earth is she doing" at that point walking off the floor and getting immediate medical attention would be necessary. Should you keep her on the floor you are endangering her and anyone she stunts with if not the whole team period.

I am not talking about injury or illness. That's not sabotage. That's just bad luck.

I am not talking about injury or illness. That's not sabotage. That's just bad luck.

That was just the only reason I could come up with. But I feel like, if a teammate is gonna sabotage the routine. I rather them walk off the stage and a stunt not go up then have them drop the stunt and refuse to catch the flyer and whatnot.

That was just the only reason I could come up with. But I feel like, if a teammate is gonna sabotage the routine. I rather them walk off the stage and a stunt not go up then have them drop the stunt and refuse to catch the flyer and whatnot.
So if someone is planning to sabatoge the routine and possibly hurt a teammate then walking away is better. Sure, I'm with that side of it. I have to wonder though, who are the people that are ok with doing either? We all agree it's an awful thing to do but WHAT exactly makes it an option? Whether it's walking away or dropping stunts they're still hurting the team. Someone would have to have done something so unbelievably horrible to me for me to even consider letting down the people on that floor with me or surrounding us as friends and family. If you don't have ONE friend that you couldn't finish the 2 and a half minutes for, then YOU have a major problem and should probably seek counseling.
**And I do not mean YOU whatsarisalee, I mean the implied "you"**

So if someone is planning to sabatoge the routine and possibly hurt a teammate then walking away is better. Sure, I'm with that side of it. I have to wonder though, who are the people that are ok with doing either? We all agree it's an awful thing to do but WHAT exactly makes it an option? Whether it's walking away or dropping stunts they're still hurting the team. Someone would have to have done something so unbelievably horrible to me for me to even consider letting down the people on that floor with me or surrounding us as friends and family. If you don't have ONE friend that you couldn't finish the 2 and a half minutes for, then YOU have a major problem and should probably seek counseling.

You're good, I knew what you meant.:) Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who's done it for non-injury related reasons so I can't ask.

And now I have to add to this. If you can't finish what you started for YOURSELF, you are in even worse shape. Self respect is even more important than friends.

last season one of my team mates(suzy) was kicked off for smoking marijuana. understandable 100 percent. howeverrrrr, another girl(beatrice) told on suzy because suzy had kissed beatrice's ex boyfriend. beatrice is also on the team. lets remember that this was ONE week before the state competition. come to find out, beatrice blamed MEEEE for telling on suzy.... beatrice has serious issues. but anyway, beatrice should not have ratted out her team mate because of a stupid boyfriend. it's so stupid.

*********let me add again, suzy should NOT have been doing the drugs. but beatrice should not have told on her for doing it.

We were at worlds and we were the crowd favorite. Everyone thought we were going to win. Our season was phenomenal. A girl decided that decided that she was going to fall in her stunt both days. Mistakes happen so I wasn't exactly mad at her at first...But our whole team became furious when we heard her saying "I didn't really care if we won worlds this year. I have 3 more years to win." What she said was just plain selfish. Half our team was graduating so that was their last year to win and she ruined their chance.
This is just utterly shocking to me. You work so hard all season long and then it comes down to the one competition that pretty much defines your season and she is just not going to care and mess up on purpose?!?!!!?? What was the point of all of the work she put in all year long??? people sometimes...SMH

I feel like this girl thought that I was sabotaging the rest of the team. So I accidentally double jumped our flyer into the basket (mind you she hasn't really flown before) our flyer doesn't make it off the bases hands in time. After the routine she turns to me and says "Audrey, you can't double bounce sydney. That's why the basket didn't go." Like I'm sorry I'm strong and muscular and our flyer is tiny but I'm sure my doing that isn't the only reason why the basket didn't go. Thoughts?

I feel like this girl thought that I was sabotaging the rest of the team. So I accidentally double jumped our flyer into the basket (mind you she hasn't really flown before) our flyer doesn't make it off the bases hands in time. After the routine she turns to me and says "Audrey, you can't double bounce sydney. That's why the basket didn't go." Like I'm sorry I'm strong and muscular and our flyer is tiny but I'm sure my doing that isn't the only reason why the basket didn't go. Thoughts?
you probably got everyone off count by doing that. and when the bases went to throw her you were pulling her d own. not saying you did it on purpose because its happened to me at practice before.

At practice we were trying a new stunt and my flyer fell. I caught her but apparently not the way she wanted to be caught. I felt so bad that I couldn't have kept the stunt up or anything. I beat myself up for three days. Then they start harassing me about it on facebook. I felt like crap until my mom called her mom and set it straight. I didn't sabotage her but she sure was acting like it!

you probably got everyone off count by doing that. and when the bases went to throw her you were pulling her d own. not saying you did it on purpose because its happened to me at practice before.
Yeah, like I understand I screwed up the counts and I didn't do it on purpose. I have trouble processing things fast and stuff like that. But also she shouldn't act like I purposely screwed her up or anything.

Back