All-Star Teammates "sabotaging" Eachother On Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

2010 I was on a small senior 4 team. We were at All Level Worlds and the stunt wobbled a little bit but we kept going. Then my main pulled me down in the middle of the routine for no reason and started to scream at me for messing the stunt up. The stunt group on the opposite side of the floor heard her scream at me. :(

a couple years ago at my gyms nationals, 2 of the girls decided to not show up to long beach, so my sister and i had to learn the parts of their team the friday night before the competition. needless to say these sisters were banned from the gym. to this day they still hate my family for some reason...?

TERRIBLE STORY: A while ago, when I first started cheering and had gotten my handspring, I was asked to fill in on a senior 2 team. A girl who wasn't landing her HS was taken out and put in the back to base a basket. I took her spot. I was throwing that handspring in center, right in front of the basket. When we got out on the competition floor, she deliberately set the basket up right behind me. I ended up crashing into the basket and had the flyer (who was in the air when I was crashing) land on top of me. I had a concussion - went to the wrong stunt group and still everything it and every other stunt hit. The girl was then removed from the team. We still won.

this thread shouldnt even be a thread..thats horible to think that one of your teammates would want to do that to you. thats just sickenining and pathetic?

this thread shouldnt even be a thread..thats horible to think that one of your teammates would want to do that to you. thats just sickenining and pathetic?

Unfortunately it does happen as you can see on 6 pages of stories. Which gives it reason to be a thread. But yes, I agree, it is sickening and pathetic that a teammate would do such a thing.

I'm sure there's always going to be that ONE person who's on a team, just for the uniform. In cases I've actually heard people say that this is 'Just a competition.' & 'This medal and jacket will mean nothing in a year.' That's just ignorance. If anyone literally means to sabotage a person or their team, they just need to quit. Point blank.

TERRIBLE STORY: A while ago, when I first started cheering and had gotten my handspring, I was asked to fill in on a senior 2 team. A girl who wasn't landing her HS was taken out and put in the back to base a basket. I took her spot. I was throwing that handspring in center, right in front of the basket. When we got out on the competition floor, she deliberately set the basket up right behind me. I ended up crashing into the basket and had the flyer (who was in the air when I was crashing) land on top of me. I had a concussion - went to the wrong stunt group and still everything it and every other stunt hit. The girl was then removed from the team. We still won.
ouch Andrew ./..that sux

I'm sure there's always going to be that ONE person who's on a team, just for the uniform. In cases I've actually heard people say that this is 'Just a competition.' & 'This medal and jacket will mean nothing in a year.' That's just ignorance. If anyone literally means to sabotage a person or their team, they just need to quit. Point blank.
the medal itself wont mean anything but its the memory of getting it.... -__-

i dont think iever had anyone sabatoge anything...but i have had to deal with flyers not being confident enough to just stay in the air when ur bases are fighting so hard..... ive had to deal with people not pushing hard enough at practice and then at a comp they rebound out of a tumbling pass instead of actually throwing the skill..... ive even ran into someone mid air while tumbling....but i caught her and we both landed ......... i had someones shoe come flying at me..... like i landed my corner pass and as i stood up her shoe came flying at me :/....it was pretty funny though

Last season we were a large senior 3, and we had one guy on our team who was really tall and strong and a fantastic backspot. We had a fetus flyer who somehow ended up getting the guy as her backspot and her stunt hit every time. We had someone on our team get hurt so he got moved to another stunt group where the flyer was bigger and he was needed more. I ended up the backspot of the fetus flyer, and she would purposely fall every time she went up in a stunt, trying to make it look like it was my fault so that she would get the guy back as her backspot. Needless to say I was furious at her the entire season.

Last season we were a large senior 3, and we had one guy on our team who was really tall and strong and a fantastic backspot. We had a fetus flyer who somehow ended up getting the guy as her backspot and her stunt hit every time. We had someone on our team get hurt so he got moved to another stunt group where the flyer was bigger and he was needed more. I ended up the backspot of the fetus flyer, and she would purposely fall every time she went up in a stunt, trying to make it look like it was my fault so that she would get the guy back as her backspot. Needless to say I was furious at her the entire season.
if that was me id catch her right before she hit the ground. if shes gonna fall on purpose why not teach her a lesson? :p im prob gonna get reamed out for saying this

if that was me id catch her right before she hit the ground. if shes gonna fall on purpose why not teach her a lesson? :p im prob gonna get reamed out for saying this
HAHA there's actually another story I was going to post...
A few seasons ago in warm up at jamfest indy my flyer (the bigger one i referred to) decided to completely go off of me telling me how i was a terrible backspot and i wasn't doing anything or helping the stunt at all and that they could totally hit the stunt without me because i wasn't doing anything. So next time we tried the stunt, I just stepped away. Of course when they fell I swooped in at the last second to save her from cracking her skull open, but once i caught her i just let go, so she fell from about 2 feet off the floor. Enough to teach her a lesson without getting her hurt :)

Back