That's Fake!

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Diamond, May 13, 2011.

1. Diamond

Diamond I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Do you ever get this response from people when they watch cheerleading? I just got a comment on one of my youtube videos of my friend doing a standing double (bad taping so you can only see the double) & someone wrote "that is so photo edited..." Ugh so annoying! It just reminded me of a time I was in high school & I was showing videos of Kiara Nowlin's tumbling to my class. My teacher thought the video was fast forwarded because her doubles were so fast. She thought all her tumbling was fake. She wouldn't listen to anything I had to say about tumbling, yet she claimed to be a cheerleader before. Does anyone else get responses like this? It's so aggravating:mad:! Have you never watched the gymnastics Olympics?! Umm hi, THERE IS NOTHING FAKE ABOUT CHEERLEADING! UGHH!!!

Sorry I was sort of venting towards the end..

2. yougottabelieve

yougottabelieve I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    It shows how ignorant people are. They think they know everything but truly you just want to give them a beat down.

3. arilt95

arilt95 I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Same! i have mini abs (almost formed lol if i would stop eating so much junk food!) and when people see that im in shape they always ask what sport i play, and i ALWAYS say cheerleading. and people just laugh and i say noo im being serious. Most of my school has no respect for this sport, its sad :/

4. LoveTheBlueAndGreen

LoveTheBlueAndGreen I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    Ughhh, that makes me SOOO mad. Ignorant people these days.
    I'd like to see them try allstar cheer, because all they get to see is that high school crap. (No offense to anyone, JMO. Dont attack me for saying that)

5. Diamond

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Yeah. People don't know that cheerleaders workout too!

6. Fameous MOM

Fameous MOM I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I wish people would come watch these cheerleaders before making comments. My cp is 9 has a 6 pack and is more athletic than her brother who plays football and baseball! I wish people would look past sideline cheer and see there is a whole other side to cheerleading. What other sport to you work your butt off, train for months on end, and have to look cute while doing it?????!!!!

7. Cheer4life654

Cheer4life654 Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!! I try to explain to everybody what cheerleading really is and that it is truly a sport..... I got in an argument with a football player at my HS saying that football is harder because "sometimes, the light gets in their eyes", "the ball is really hard to catch", and "we only 'perforrm'. We arent 'reacting to anything', only doing the same thing over again". I seriously wanted to hit the kid lol

8. ryann3794

ryann3794 I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ryannMck
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    i got into a yelling fight with a senior in one of my classes because he told me that cheerleaders dont need to condition -_____- by the end of it i had all his friends on my side haha

9. Cheer4life654

Cheer4life654 Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Agreed :) It takes 5 minutes to learn how to play football but it takes years to build skill for cheer

10. peytonnmariee

peytonnmariee Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    i almost got suspended for getting in a fight..some dude said cheer wasnt a sport..
    ive been done to the office 3 times.
    kicked out of english 2 times.
    ahh, the things i do for cheerleading.

11. peytonnmariee

peytonnmariee Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    when people ask what sport i do NO i am not a cheerleader...i am a competitive all star cheerleader:)

12. cheermom5678

cheermom5678 I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think part of the problem is that you have to perform very difficult skills, make these difficult skills look effortless, and look
    looking amazing while doing these same difficult skills.

13. Diamond

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I know right?! My best friend & I joined the fitness club at our school & she kept asking me what kind of things I did when I worked out & I was like "girl, cheerleading was my workout!"

14. arilt95

arilt95 I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    yeah one day i was sore from a tough practice the other night and some guy shoved me at my table, we usually place this game but i had to explain to him why i was sore and then we got in a argument and soon before you know it the whole lunch room was staring at me from how loud i was yelling. lol Competitive cheerleading is no joke, obviously if were arguing over a point then it must have some meaning to it! Why else would we defend ourselves? i mean i consider dance and gymnastics a sport, and so does everyone else! Dance AND gymnastics are both in competitive cheer. ugh the people, they will never understand.

15. debbie

debbie I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    When My daughter gets an injury that needs to be looked at by a doctor I now tell them she does gymnastics style tumbling because when I used to say cheer they couldn't understand getting an ankle injury by waving pom poms! So ridiculous :(