All-Star The American Showcase, Anaheim [april 10-12]

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No. :( There's only two teams from Ventura coming. We are going to San Diego the following weekend, and that's our last comp. I would come down to see you guys but we are leaving Saturday for Texas.
Boo, going to miss you guys! Have a safe fun trip to Texas! Let me know when your schedule comes out for Encore, I don't think we have any plans and we would love to support our fave Cali girls [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boo, going to miss you guys! Have a safe fun trip to Texas! Let me know when your schedule comes out for Encore, I don't think we have any plans and we would love to support our fave Cali girls [emoji7]

I always forget you're so much closer to SD than me. LOL Yes, please come down if you guys can, either day!!!

And good luck this weekend! xoxo

Did anyone else see that a gym from Utah (champion all stars) is competing twice each division on Saturday, and that their second performance is marked "Day 2"? Is this a thing??

I coach "Utah Twisters" and we come to the American showcase each year and compete twice on Saturday. It's not ideal but it's our only option. Most nationals will not allow us to do this, only a few do.

I coach "Utah Twisters" and we come to the American showcase each year and compete twice on Saturday. It's not ideal but it's our only option. Most nationals will not allow us to do this, only a few do.

Just wondering, Is this because of religion?

I coached a girl that moved to California from Utah a few years back and she was not allowed to participate in anything we did on Sunday's due to her religion

In and of itself, I agree, it's nice that the EP would accommodate that (if that is what's going on). But then you open yourself up for all sorts of special accommodations for teams. It's like the whole sandbagging issue. You try to make accommodations for small gyms and the whole industry takes advantage. It happens all across the spectrum of society. Give an inch and people want a mile.
Just as an example, imagine if a mega gym was given this accommodation. What would it do to the scheduling? Probably not enough hours in a Saturday for all to compete twice.

Just wondering, Is this because of religion?

I coached a girl that moved to California from Utah a few years back and she was not allowed to participate in anything we did on Sunday's due to her religion

Yes it is due to religion. Obviously the prominent religion in Utah is Latter Day Saint (Mormons) Not everyone who is LDS thinks it's wrong to compete on Sunday. But some of them do! I'm LDS and have competed on sunday my whole life!

Back