All-Star The American Showcase, Anaheim [april 10-12]

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2012
Who's coming to this competition this year? Less than a month away!! I've never been before, so curious as to who comes! My team is from Washington and we're bringing
-Small sr 1
-Small youth 1
-Small junior 2
-large senior 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are bringing:
-Tiny 1
-Small Youth 1
-Small Youth 1 Prep
-Small J2
-Small J3
-Small J4
-Small S1
-Small S1 Prep
-Large 4.2
-Small C4
And a special performance from our Adult/Parent Team!

Did anyone else see that a gym from Utah (champion all stars) is competing twice each division on Saturday, and that their second performance is marked "Day 2"? Is this a thing??

Cali Ventura is bringing J3 (Lady OG's) and
S4 (Plastix). There may be even more teams going but not real sure. Most Ventura teams are not competing this weekend.

Did anyone else see that a gym from Utah (champion all stars) is competing twice each division on Saturday, and that their second performance is marked "Day 2"? Is this a thing??

I've seen it happen before for religious beliefs. Some people are very serious about Sunday being a day of rest. Good on the EP for being so accommodating, and hopefully they are just as helpful for all religions

That's a very slippery slope for the EP to go down if that's the case. And my guess is that is the case.
Why though? I think I must be missing something here. The only time I've seen it was at American Grand Vegas maybe 8-9 years ago and it was also a team from Utah. It's not a secret that most people in Utah have very strong beliefs.

IMO it puts teams at a competitive disadvantage to compete twice in one day. The kids are tired for the second performance and they don't have time to make adjustments to the judges feedback. I don't see why anyone would abuse that because it hurts your chances of winning?

Why though? I think I must be missing something here. The only time I've seen it was at American Grand Vegas maybe 8-9 years ago and it was also a team from Utah. It's not a secret that most people in Utah have very strong beliefs.

IMO it puts teams at a competitive disadvantage to compete twice in one day. The kids are tired for the second performance and they don't have time to make adjustments to the judges feedback. I don't see why anyone would abuse that because it hurts your chances of winning?

In and of itself, I agree, it's nice that the EP would accommodate that (if that is what's going on). But then you open yourself up for all sorts of special accommodations for teams. It's like the whole sandbagging issue. You try to make accommodations for small gyms and the whole industry takes advantage. It happens all across the spectrum of society. Give an inch and people want a mile.

@Cheermom1969 CALI Ventura teams coming? Are you guys?! [emoji7][emoji122]

No. :( There's only two teams from Ventura coming. We are going to San Diego the following weekend, and that's our last comp. I would come down to see you guys but we are leaving Saturday for Texas.

Back