The Aviator Family Could Use Some Prayers....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How is she doing?
Had two procedures and surgery at Duke University late last week over a 16 hour day. She was back again to Duke for another procedure and another surgery Monday (these were about four days apart). They sent off the lymph nodes they took last week, no word yet if it had spread. They really don't have any information yet as to whether they got it all, or if it's spread, how far. They're waiting on lab results now but I think (at least for now) surgeries are over until they get more information.

Leave it to her to be color coordinated. We were going to make our hair bows her cancer color until she figured out that her color is black.....um, that IS one of our colors. I think they're having a black cancer ribbon put on one of the hair bow tails and they were giving out one black shoelace to all the kids at practices this week. Not sure if they will have them wear those on their competition shoes, my son already laced up his practice shoes with them.

So basically, everyone is waiting to hear what the results of the surgeries were at this point and she's recovering at home. They take videos of the kids at practice doing the pyros or stunts or new skills and text them to her so she can see it. She can't be around anyone for germ issues (especially all the little ones who are walking Petrie dishes :) for quite some time I think. She's got a crazy large support group in her family and all of her zillion friends and families at the gym do that's been helpful to them. That kind of support must be nice, I can't say that I've ever had, nor will have that, and I think that's definitely helping them through it all. I just hope they get some good news when it comes in.

Had two procedures and surgery at Duke University late last week over a 16 hour day. She was back again to Duke for another procedure and another surgery Monday (these were about four days apart). They sent off the lymph nodes they took last week, no word yet if it had spread. They really don't have any information yet as to whether they got it all, or if it's spread, how far. They're waiting on lab results now but I think (at least for now) surgeries are over until they get more information.

Leave it to her to be color coordinated. We were going to make our hair bows her cancer color until she figured out that her color is black.....um, that IS one of our colors. I think they're having a black cancer ribbon put on one of the hair bow tails and they were giving out one black shoelace to all the kids at practices this week. Not sure if they will have them wear those on their competition shoes, my son already laced up his practice shoes with them.

So basically, everyone is waiting to hear what the results of the surgeries were at this point and she's recovering at home. They take videos of the kids at practice doing the pyros or stunts or new skills and text them to her so she can see it. She can't be around anyone for germ issues (especially all the little ones who are walking Petrie dishes :) for quite some time I think. She's got a crazy large support group in her family and all of her zillion friends and families at the gym do that's been helpful to them. That kind of support must be nice, I can't say that I've ever had, nor will have that, and I think that's definitely helping them through it all. I just hope they get some good news when it comes in.

well, I'm really hoping those results come out favorable.

A few years ago, one of my teammates mothers got colon cancer. Our whole team wore blue cancer ribbons on our shoes for the year. She ended up passing away :/.

Praise God, indeed! I'm so glad to hear this news! I know this must be a trying time for her...and everyone! Sorry I missed your post about this, but I'm sending prayers that way now for a speedy recovery and no return of the cancer!

Back