OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
While everyone understands the user in question is going through something tragic, said user is still responsible for their words and actions. Everyone is responsible for the way they conduct themselves regardless of how much they are hurting. Being rude and spiteful does not make any situation better, make you feel better, or change what has happened. Nor does grief give you a free pass to act however you want without repercussions.

I'm pretty sure I called Maddie a "hateful little snot" last Tuesday night. "Pre grief". Still stand by what I said. She still is what she is.

I can call a character on a TV show everything BUT a child of God if I should choose...

Not once was I "rude" or "spiteful" about anything on a nearly entirely fictitious "reality" show. I'm sorry if a particular poster got her feelings hurt because I disliked her posts, but how blessed and highly favored she must be to have the luxury of wasting time being concerned...and throwing a tantrum about it. I think the dislikes are a joke. I've been vocal about them, and I've also said that rather than asking Susie's mom or cousin why they disliked my post to find out if it's deliberate or intentional....I just go and dislike one of their posts. Simple as that. I don't get all in my feelings about a dislike. It's a dislike. On fierce board. It will never. Ever. Be. This. Serious. Nothing in life is ever this serious.

Literally baffled that some of you people are able to devote such care and concern to an opinion. I'm sure Maddie doesn't care while her direct deposit rolls in for playing the role she's been assigned to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not what I meant obviously what she said was wrong but was not handled or called out in the best manner . It would been better now to just let it go because what was said has been said and now she knows people dont like it.

If there is a problem just message the person

True and the comment that I should have PM'd her also true and for that I do apologize. I was not aware of Erin's situation and her grieving and for that I sincerely do wish her comfort and peace regardless of anything else. I do openly apologize to the thread as a whole for "outing" it hear. I had my reasons for not PMing but they were not based on the knowledge of her being in the grieving process which does certainly change things. Had I known what else was going on with her (thanks twinklestars for heads up) I would have "let it go" and not even PM'd her but ignore her negativity.

While everyone understands the user in question is going through something tragic, said user is still responsible for their words and actions. Everyone is responsible for the way they conduct themselves regardless of how much they are hurting. Being rude and spiteful does not make any situation better, make you feel better, or change what has happened. Nor does grief give you a free pass to act however you want without repercussions.

The comment was made before the tragedy and why it's still ongoing, I'm unsure. However, there is such a thing as compassion and understanding; neither of which are being shown towards her and for that I am sad. Nor do I think her comments were rude and spiteful; Maddie is a character on a reality TV show where she appears bratty, rude, spoiled, and frankly, annoying at times to watch. I also think Maddie has OCD and while that explains some of her actions, it doesn't excuse them. I have a daughter with OCD: her OCD is so bad at times she appears autistic, but like Temple Grandin has drilled into the minds of psychologists---rudeness should never be tolerated and the adults around Maddie are larging failing her for letting her act the way they do.

The comment was made before the tragedy and why it's still ongoing, I'm unsure. However, there is such a thing as compassion and understanding; neither of which are being shown towards her and for that I am sad. Nor do I think her comments were rude and spiteful; Maddie is a character on a reality TV show where she appears bratty, rude, spoiled, and frankly, annoying at times to watch. I also think Maddie has OCD and while that explains some of her actions, it doesn't excuse them. I have a daughter with OCD: her OCD is so bad at times she appears autistic, but like Temple Grandin has drilled into the minds of psychologists---rudeness should never be tolerated and the adults around Maddie are larging failing her for letting her act the way they do.

I've already decided to agree to disagree and I'm not saying anything else on either of these subjects because we clearly have different and unwavering opinions.

that song kendall was dancing to was killing me. who picked that, it was awful
jojo was cute but i think that dance style is not for her
maddie....oh well.... that child will need some serious therapy sessions in the future, and mackenzie too i'm afraid

and can we go one episode without sia being mentioned please. ugh

Is every song they use that same lady singing? At one time they made a big deal about her and had her on because she had recorded a "special" song just for Maddie. It used to be that there seemed to be some variety in the artists they used but the last 2 years it seems like the same lady and honestly very similar songs. I'm sure part of it has to do with rights and royalties but with similar choreography and music - let's just it is refreshing when they sometimes get to do something different.

Is every song they use that same lady singing? At one time they made a big deal about her and had her on because she had recorded a "special" song just for Maddie. It used to be that there seemed to be some variety in the artists they used but the last 2 years it seems like the same lady and honestly very similar songs. I'm sure part of it has to do with rights and royalties but with similar choreography and music - let's just it is refreshing when they sometimes get to do something different.

that is a very good question, now that you have mentioned it , the songs actually all do sound the same . Abbys choreography is really boring to me, they always keep on doing the same stuff. I love the dances Kalanis original studio does, honestly i also prefer candy apples dances over the aldc ones at any time too

that is a very good question, now that you have mentioned it , the songs actually all do sound the same . Abbys choreography is really boring to me, they always keep on doing the same stuff. I love the dances Kalanis original studio does, honestly i also prefer candy apples dances over the aldc ones at any time too
Yes at least candy apples was thinking outside the box which personally I think makes for a more well rounded dancer in the end - unfortunately they kept bringing in kids. Would love to have seen them have their own dancers and watch them grow as well. Not happy with the attitude of the new West Coast gym they go against but like the mix of styles they have shown (creative and some really athletic bodies). I think it is easier to be outside of the box when you haven't had a specific expectation put on you though as well. While ALDC has become stagnant and redundant in their choreography it has been nice to see progress and plateauing as the girls have grown - would love to see a reunion show with old girls back on and see how they have progressed outside of Abby's realm and the "drama".

I've noticed lately that the song they show on the show isn't the song that they actually dance to when you watch their performance on YouTube. I'm guessing it has to do with contracts and copyrights.

I've noticed lately that the song they show on the show isn't the song that they actually dance to when you watch their performance on YouTube. I'm guessing it has to do with contracts and copyrights.

I was really disappointed to find out that the song they danced to in GA(?) about slavery on the show was not the song they danced to in real life :( The song from the show was so good that I went and downloaded it after. I thought it fit better with that dance, too.

As terrible as most of the songs on that show are, some of them are really good.

She wasn't half bad. Actually, her acting skills are good for Nick, because none of those kids can really act anyway.

That was exactly what I thought - she wasn't what I'd call good, but compared to the others in the scene, she shined. Gosh - are those others the "regular cast" on whatever this show is? And I thought Austin and Ally had bad acting :(.

I thought Mackenzie did good for what she was doing. What I like about Mackenzie, and what I think is missing from acting when Maddie does it, is the emotion in her voice. I think Maddie is really good at emoting emotions on her face, but her voice is very monotone. Mackenzie doesn't need over the top emotions on her face to act in a show like that, and her voice wasn't monotone like we see with her sister. So all in all, keep Maddie dancing, let Mackenzie stop and go for stuff like that if Melissa is so hell bent on both of her kids being famous. I could see Mackenzie with her own show a la Jamie Lynn Spears.

I thought Mackenzie did good for what she was doing. What I like about Mackenzie, and what I think is missing from acting when Maddie does it, is the emotion in her voice. I think Maddie is really good at emoting emotions on her face, but her voice is very monotone. Mackenzie doesn't need over the top emotions on her face to act in a show like that, and her voice wasn't monotone like we see with her sister. So all in all, keep Maddie dancing, let Mackenzie stop and go for stuff like that if Melissa is so hell bent on both of her kids being famous. I could see Mackenzie with her own show a la Jamie Lynn Spears.

I think your right. I think Maddie would have been happy to be just dancing and not have all this fame. To me Maddie just seems exhausted. She has all these adults pushing her and pinning their money and claim to fame on her and she is just a kid who liked to dance and was good at it. Her mom and dance teacher got her signed onto this show and continually put her under this microscope and make it clear it that in their minds it all depends on her. And now that she must push further out of her comfort zone and be more regardless if she likes it or is good at it.
Having a 12 yo myself - I have seen when she begins to feel pressured (even from herself) the fun starts to drain away and it is my job as the parent to help her find that inner joy and self satisfaction and balance the stress/hard work and understand what is real and worthwhile and what is not while still honoring commitments. (Mind you in my kids case they aren't tied to dollars and nothing as big - but my point is that even regular kids go through this so extrapolate that with the fame and money and it just makes you feel sorry for the kids.) Mackenzie in some ways has had the luxury of not having that same expectation and being kid 2 and the cute "pet" -- she has been able to many times enjoy and explore with less expectation different talents. I hope for both of them that they can find an adult who can protect them and support them to find that joy and nurture it, but sadly it doesn't seem to be happening.
In some ways the exhaustion I see on Maddie reminds me of a famous cheerleader my girls admire. When they used to watch videos she was very bubbly and smiling. They saw her in Texas and she looked happy and totally enjoying it all. After that demand grew for this cheerleader and my girls would comment that she rarely smiled. Sure enough you would see countless pictures in cheer mags and the girl seemed so tired and almost sad. They went to a clinic and I didn't even recognize the girl at first from 2 years prior. She really spent a lot of time with the group my girls were in - nothing but kind and helpful. My girls were over the moon but also they said they felt a little sad and sorry for her because the girl just looked exhausted.
I don't imagine watching this show much longer. It isn't about dance moms or dance anymore. The LA twist has really been the "jump the shark" catalyst to me...

Last edited:
The last movie he did Was fury. He didn't bathe the entire production and ripped out one of his teeth. He also gave himself facial scars because his character had them and he wanted them to look real. He has gone a little crazy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good God, I would have been choking and gagging.

He's gone a little too hard with the method acting.

Back