OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
If I had just seen it randomly I don't think I would have picked out Maddie (even though she was featured more than once) or Asia. Jojo I think I would have had she been in it.

You're exactly right. I saw the video last night in an article comparing it to the Macy's one but didn't watch. When you mentioned Asia looked up her Instagram (because I'd forgotten about her) and saw she'd posted about the commercial, so I went and watched.

I couldn't pick her out the first time and I didn't recognize Maddie. Maybe it was the lighter make up? I also noticed Maddie doesn't care free hip hop/street dance like the other kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming the competition season is on hiatus. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some of my friends who have kids that dance are at a Nationals competition this week and several of the dance mom girls are there. I am pretty sure they are competing and not solely just there for publicity. Abby is there promoting herself and taking pictures with all of the kids.
I get the impression the "competitions" that are televised aren't real competitions, but I could be wrong. It always feels like they grab 30 kids to be filmed on stage for awards and have about as many "extras" seated in the audience.

Some of my friends who have kids that dance are at a Nationals competition this week and several of the dance mom girls are there. I am pretty sure they are competing and not solely just there for publicity. Abby is there promoting herself and taking pictures with all of the kids.
I get the impression the "competitions" that are televised aren't real competitions, but I could be wrong. It always feels like they grab 30 kids to be filmed on stage for awards and have about as many "extras" seated in the audience.
I think it's been determined that the competitions they show on tv are fake and set up by the studio and the network.

My friend who was a big DM fan attended the competition they went to in Syracuse. She said it was so fake and she was really disappointed. It was the episode where maddies apron fell off of her costume during her solo. Apparently the girls perform their dances twice - once for the judges and once for the show. Maddies apron only fell off during the 2nd taping, not the one she performed for the judges like the show leads you to believe.

They compete at life time competitions during their filming season because filming has been banned after the first season at most reputable dance competitions. During dance moms filming, lifetime will send invitations to local dance studios and invite them to compete.

When not filming they compete for ALDC at real competitions. In the past those girls never even competed together and were put together for the show, and when not competing for the show the don't/didn't compete on the same teams

I haven't been able to find a big article that talks about this; but apparently Maddie's iCloud was hacked a few days ago and a video leaked on instagram of her flashing her chest (she doesn't have boobs, so chest). Anyhow, Kalani was the videographer and Melissa originally said it was fake but that message has since been deleted. No other updates, but if this exploded Maddie will likely lose her TCA nomination.

You're exactly right. I saw the video last night in an article comparing it to the Macy's one but didn't watch. When you mentioned Asia looked up her Instagram (because I'd forgotten about her) and saw she'd posted about the commercial, so I went and watched.

I couldn't pick her out the first time and I didn't recognize Maddie. Maybe it was the lighter make up? I also noticed Maddie doesn't care free hip hop/street dance like the other kids.

I wouldn't have been able to originally pick out Maddie, but I did see Asia pretty quickly. I do think the lightened make-up washed Maddie out. I think Maddie is a very, very pretty little girl---but she has a face that I can forget what it looks like.

I wouldn't have been able to originally pick out Maddie, but I did see Asia pretty quickly. I do think the lightened make-up washed Maddie out. I think Maddie is a very, very pretty little girl---but she has a face that I can forget what it looks like.

I think the girl in the overalls was the overall standout. Followed by the two boys.

And ew to the iCloud thing

I think the girl in the overalls was the overall standout. Followed by the two boys.

And ew to the iCloud thing

I agree with you on that.

The iCloud thing...that baffles me.

So, if you ever had to wonder exactly how fake this show is, Nia beat Kalani... #shutthefrontdoor

Yeah but Bye Felicia and 13 year olds judging.

Made sense to me (the concern).

That dance was terrible bye.

MDA probably had the best dance I've ever seen (that I remember) on this show and they got second to ALDC's struggle-umbrella dance.

13 year olds judging.

It's a shame they have to resort to fake, gimmicky competitions and can't compete anywhere real for the show.

Why was Nia pulled from the group dance because of her video, BUT JoJo---who was also in the video---wasn't? Oh right, #AbbyLogic

So, if you ever had to wonder exactly how fake this show is, Nia beat Kalani... #shutthefrontdoor
Just curious, how do you know? I can't find results anywhere. My mom is watching the episode now and I like to hit her with the truth at the end of the episode.
I can also tell right away the group dance with the hoods is going to be way better than ALDC's umbrella dance.

Just curious, how do you know? I can't find results anywhere. My mom is watching the episode now and I like to hit her with the truth at the end of the episode.
I can also tell right away the group dance with the hoods is going to be way better than ALDC's umbrella dance.

The competitions these kids go to are fake; they are made for the TV show, Lifetime invites a few local studios, but all of the companies are run through the same people just with different names. You can't find results because it's not real. The editing is also jacked---for example, in one episode the big deal was Maddie's apron falling off. The show films the kids dancing twice---the first time is 'judged' the second time is when they get the cooler action shots. Her apron fell off during the second dance, not when she was judged.

Actual real competition in the industry won't let them film because of the way the show altered results. There was a huge deal with that TX high school one that Brooke 'won' but she actually took second and the mom from that studio blew up because it looked like her daughter lost. All of that has been status quo since the first episode.

If you follow any of the spoiler pages, they're quick to explain what actually happened because they have people physically at the competitions dishing the dirt.

Back