The History Of Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 28, 2013
Click For Full Article

Inside Cheerleading published The History of Cheerleading, providing a great, short version of the history of cheerleading in the United States. In 1884, the first official cheer was performed in New Jersey at a Princeton football game. In that Princeton audience was a man named Mark Peebles, who brought his own created cheers to the […]

I feel like some things are missing or are incorrect from that timeline. I'm no history major but some stuff feels off from what I've always known

Click For Full Article

Inside Cheerleading published The History of Cheerleading, providing a great, short version of the history of cheerleading in the United States. In 1884, the first official cheer was performed in New Jersey at a Princeton football game. In that Princeton audience was a man named Mark Peebles, who brought his own created cheers to the […]

"The look of the NFL squads would change the standard uniform for female cheerleaders everywhere. Suddenly, the cheerleader’s shell top tightened and the skirt length was cut in half. Patch lettering became more ornate and athletic shoes replaced the white Keds of the past."

They're seriously crediting the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders with the introduction of athletic shoes for cheerleading?

Back