All-Star The Majors 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm a little surprised by how shocked some people are with standings. Personally I'm most surprised Panthers didn't beat Senior Elite. There's no variety in tumbling on SE and too much variety in stunts. The routine looks like someone had some great stunting ideas, threw them all in, had a couple eight counts left, and threw in the most basic, simple, cookie cutter routine and formations you can think of. Heck, aside from before the jumps, I can't even think (off the top of my head) a moment I remember seeing a motion in Senior Elite's routine. It's so easy to get wow'd by all the great things that are in that routine that you start to ignore the real low points of the routine (in other words, everything outside of the stunt section and pyramid IN MY OPINION). To me, right now, Stars are the only team bringing their A-game. It's like every other large senior team is trying to figure things out (hey, pre-Cheersport/NCA/Worlds is a great time to do so), and especially Senior Elite. They've had some rough competitions this season and I have no doubt that routine will have an overhaul before we see them again (which is, I believe, in Atlanta). They did VERY well last night. Better than I had expected them to, that's for sure, I just don't think what they're putting on the mat is good enough right now.

I'm a little surprised by how shocked some people are with standings. Personally I'm most surprised Panthers didn't beat Senior Elite. There's no variety in tumbling on SE and too much variety in stunts. The routine looks like someone had some great stunting ideas, threw them all in, had a couple eight counts left, and threw in the most basic, simple, cookie cutter routine and formations you can think of. Heck, aside from before the jumps, I can't even think (off the top of my head) a moment I remember seeing a motion in Senior Elite's routine. It's so easy to get wow'd by all the great things that are in that routine that you start to ignore the real low points of the routine (in other words, everything outside of the stunt section and pyramid IN MY OPINION). To me, right now, Stars are the only team bringing their A-game. It's like every other large senior team is trying to figure things out (hey, pre-Cheersport/NCA/Worlds is a great time to do so), and especially Senior Elite. They've had some rough competitions this season and I have no doubt that routine will have an overhaul before we see them again (which is, I believe, in Atlanta). They did VERY well last night. Better than I had expected them to, that's for sure, I just don't think what they're putting on the mat is good enough right now.

I'm not a coach and don't pretend to be. Lol. I leave that to her. Your feedback was constructive, as everyone else's has been from last nights performances! For that I am appreciative. Thank you!

One thing is for sure...Sr. Elite helps set the standards in stunting and pyramids. Many of the stunts seen today were first done by them to my knowledge. Minus double ups maybe. Also wanted to say I absolutely love their pyramid. I don't necessarily like stunt sequences with so much going on but I love pyramids that keep moving!! To me every team in all star cheer pales in comparison to SE in that category.

Thank you very much!

I'm not a coach and don't pretend to be. Lol. I leave that to her. Your feedback was constructive, as everyone else's has been from last nights performances! For that I am appreciative. Thank you!

She's a great one at that! My boss and her are friends and from what I've heard (not to my surprise), Senior Elite will for sure not be going down without a fight this year. Courtney knows what she has to do, we now just sit back and wait for it to happen! I'm excited I'll get to be at Cheersport to see the next big "showdown" of large senior (minus Panthers of course)

Totally late and random; but why is there 6 teams in LAG but 3 in Med and Large COED? Why not cut LAG in half, and bring in 3 other teams for a totally different category like a SmCo-ed or Small All Girl...or something different.

Also, if they're going to do the 3 monitor thing then each monitor should be a name...not all three monitors being the same list of 3 names. Easier to read and scroll your eyes past.

And those belts...those belts are about as bad as those shoes. I didn't know that was possible.

Do you have the actual scores? I've only ever seen the deductions portion, with the bit that shows SS was somehow (at least on this sheet) 7 points ahead of SE. I always like to see them when I re-watch to try to guess what it is about each routine that gets that score.

Do you have the actual scores? I've only ever seen the deductions portion, with the bit that shows SS was somehow (at least on this sheet) 7 points ahead of SE. I always like to see them when I re-watch to try to guess what it is about each routine that gets that score.

I'll see if I can get a screen shot of that for you!

Totally late and random; but why is there 6 teams in LAG but 3 in Med and Large COED? Why not cut LAG in half, and bring in 3 other teams for a totally different category like a SmCo-ed or Small All Girl...or something different.

Also, if they're going to do the 3 monitor thing then each monitor should be a name...not all three monitors being the same list of 3 names. Easier to read and scroll your eyes past.

And those belts...those belts are about as bad as those shoes. I didn't know that was possible.

if all 6 large senior teams come compete at your competition, you don't cut anyone!

if all 6 large senior teams come compete at your competition, you don't cut anyone!

Under that guideline, why not add to each division? It just seems weird; though I didn't realize Cali COED pulled out.

Back