All-Star The Majors 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Understood. I am not really targeting you. Your post was just a jumping point. People always post they thought team A should of won over team B and I am just curious as to why sometimes people feel that way. Is the win based on more personal preference or did they see something that I might of missed. People say orange is dry toast - they may be dry but the difficulty in their routine is there and as proven can hands down beat out the most eye pleasing routine.
But is this a good thing? I'd much prefer that we award creativity, innovation and performance than a dry, cookie-cutter routine that just fills out the scoreboard.

Last edited:
I just found a picture of the cheetah shoes you all were talking about .. are they actually going to wear those?! At least it does actually work out ok for both stars and cheetahs, but I can't imagine SOT would want anything to do with those if they got the same ones too

B7jxfOlIUAAuqOK.jpg:large
I just don't understand how the cheetah print came to be. It wasn't in any of the branding of the event, it just showed up in the shoes.

Anyone else notice the bow's rhinestone pattern?

I just don't understand how the cheetah print came to be. It wasn't in any of the branding of the event, it just showed up in the shoes.

Anyone else notice the bow's rhinestone pattern?
I posted a page or two ago what a staff member told me regarding the shoes. The rhinestone pattern is a popular pattern though, I've seen it on multiple uniforms this year.

But is this a good thing? I'd much prefer that we award creativity, innovation and performance than a dry, cookie-cutter routine that just fills out the scoreboard.[/QUOT

Well that is in the eye of the beholder. You can be creative innovative and perform your buttocks off but lack skills. So should we reward creativity etc over dry toast. I wouldn't. Peel back the onion.

My take on the event and I was there in person as both my girls competed with Obsession:

Large senior -- I thought SS SE F5 and Panthers all did great and I expected the scores to be VERY close. Honestly I had SS in 1st. They had SO much energy and performance value with that routine and it was difficult and clean on top of that. SE had a great routine but it was very hard to enjoy live because SO much was going on. I couldn't read the routine. I had Panthers ahead of them for that reason. I liked Panthers but didn't think they would outscore SS.

Large Coed -- Cheetahs won easy. The other two teams were a mess and had too many mistakes. I did think Cheetahs looked great!! Very nice routine.

Med Coed -- I knew spirit won as soon as they finished their pyramid. They were very good! However they were NOT deduction free. The judges may have not given them a deduction but they had a stunt drop a body position. If that's not a bobble I don't know what is. Again, they definitely should have won but it's frustrating that they were awarded 0 deductions when that's not the case. I also didn't think they should have been 11 points ahead of Reign and Obsession. But it's whatever. They deserved to win and they did so ultimately that's all that really matters.

The only thing about the scoring that really bothers me is that stunts got a 2 pt deduction for a minor bobble but someone could face plant their tumbling and only get a 1 pt deduction...why is this??? That is messed up.

All in all my girls loved every minute of their experience and met a lot of new friends from the teams participating in the Majors. I hope we get to go back again next year!!

My take on the event and I was there in person as both my girls competed with Obsession:

Large senior -- I thought SS SE F5 and Panthers all did great and I expected the scores to be VERY close. Honestly I had SS in 1st. They had SO much energy and performance value with that routine and it was difficult and clean on top of that. SE had a great routine but it was very hard to enjoy live because SO much was going on. I couldn't read the routine. I had Panthers ahead of them for that reason. I liked Panthers but didn't think they would outscore SS.

Large Coed -- Cheetahs won easy. The other two teams were a mess and had too many mistakes. I did think Cheetahs looked great!! Very nice routine.

Med Coed -- I knew spirit won as soon as they finished their pyramid. They were very good! However they were NOT deduction free. The judges may have not given them a deduction but they had a stunt drop a body position. If that's not a bobble I don't know what is. Again, they definitely should have won but it's frustrating that they were awarded 0 deductions when that's not the case. I also didn't think they should have been 11 points ahead of Reign and Obsession. But it's whatever. They deserved to win and they did so ultimately that's all that really matters.

The only thing about the scoring that really bothers me is that stunts got a 2 pt deduction for a minor bobble but someone could face plant their tumbling and only get a 1 pt deduction...why is this??? That is messed up.

All in all my girls loved every minute of their experience and met a lot of new friends from the teams participating in the Majors. I hope we get to go back again next year!!
Ugh I agree with everything about this. Especially scoring. It seemed way different than any event I've seen. Were SS better? Yes but I wouldn't say 7 points better and same as you said with Med Coed.

The shoes are...different. I really don't understand why they wouldn't have just done something red and black since that goes with all the Major's gear and warm-ups?

I guess I'm just used to watching a lot of things happening in our routines so the stunts doing different stuff and meeting up in the last skill or our pyramids just don't bother me. The great things about cheerleading is there are different styles for different tastes, and for that I am thankful! Our goal is always to keep improving as the season progresses and I believe we are. Our kids were very happy Friday night! All smiles from SE! Congratulations to all the winners!!!

I guess I'm just used to watching a lot of things happening in our routines so the stunts doing different stuff and meeting up in the last skill or our pyramids just don't bother me. The great things about cheerleading is there are different styles for different tastes, and for that I am thankful! Our goal is always to keep improving as the season progresses and I believe we are. Our kids were very happy Friday night! All smiles from SE! Congratulations to all the winners!!!

One thing is for sure...Sr. Elite helps set the standards in stunting and pyramids. Many of the stunts seen today were first done by them to my knowledge. Minus double ups maybe. Also wanted to say I absolutely love their pyramid. I don't necessarily like stunt sequences with so much going on but I love pyramids that keep moving!! To me every team in all star cheer pales in comparison to SE in that category.

Did SOT and CA leave Indy and go straight to ACA nationals?

Ultimately Cheetahs could have stayed. Since they've already gotten their bid they are not competing this weekend after all, but who knew that when we were booking flights, etc. I think a few kids did delay their flights and might have been milling around, but most headed home. Panthers are competing as originally planned. I'm fairly certain SOT is competing too.

Back