All-Star The Majors Teams & Event Talk

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The title of "World Champions" is the primary reason that many teams are attracted to the USASF event. As the USASF has decreed that the USASF is the only event anywhere that can call itself a "World Championship" (without serious punishment for the athletes or EPs involved) no one will "replace" Worlds any time soon. Having a monopoly on that title insures that USASF Worlds will remain a sought-after event for many teams. That is not to say that other events could not surpass Worlds in terms of prestige, venue quality, production quality, or value/cost ratio. (Prestige would easily be the most difficult to overcome.)

Many other sports have non-"World Championship" titles that are at least as important to the participants as the "World Championship" event run directly by the sport's governing body. Olympics is the most obvious example for many sports. (Some sports use the Olympics as their "World Championship" for that year, but some have separate events.) Quick examples that come to mind:

Tour de France
The Masters
Wimbledon
Boston Marathon
Indy 500

This strikes as potentially one of those type events for all star cheer. (NCA is already there in many athletes' mind.)

Great Point. Another example is "The Masters". Its the most prestigous and sought after golf event in the world and its not run by the PGA (golf's governing body).

This strikes as potentially one of those type events for all star cheer. (NCA is already there in many athletes' mind.)

strikes ME as .... I have got to start proofing my posts before I hit "post"

RJsExtremeMom said:

Great job! I loved the Majors and this video made me wish for another one so I could watch all over again.

Excellence at every turn. I love all stars.

Great job! I loved the Majors and this video made me wish for another one so I could watch all over again.

Excellence at every turn. I love all stars.

You better not have been there and we didn't meet. :confused:

mstealtoyou said:
You better not have been there and we didn't meet. :confused:

Lol no, I was watching from home but it was awesome even from my laptop.
I would've gotten pictures with every fierceboarder there if I'd gone!

I know this has nothing to do w/the actual Majors, but for some reason I just LOVE CA's Coed unis! Particularly the guy's tbh..I don't know why, but they just really seem to make the routine pop (for lack of a better word) IMO. Everything looks so clean. I mean of course it doesn't hurt that they have a good routine and perform it well ;)

Great Point. Another example is "The Masters". Its the most prestigous and sought after golf event in the world and its not run by the PGA (golf's governing body).

I'd argue the Masters is on par with the US Open, but it does suggest something else...that there are, in a lot of ways, multiple "major" championships. (NCA, Jamfest, Cheersport, Worlds)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back