College The Most Difficult College To Try Out For Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i'll be trying out for UK (i've already been invited to tryouts) and Louisville this spring, does anyone have any inside advice from former tryouts? it'd be really helpful since it's only november and i'm already nervous! I've already been to numerous UK clinics so i know the tryout process but i'm yet to attend a Louisville clinic so can someone explain to me the tryout process there?

This might help:
http://www.uoflsports.com/trads/lou-trads-cheer.html

i'll be trying out for UK (i've already been invited to tryouts) and Louisville this spring, does anyone have any inside advice from former tryouts? it'd be really helpful since it's only november and i'm already nervous! I've already been to numerous UK clinics so i know the tryout process but i'm yet to attend a Louisville clinic so can someone explain to me the tryout process there?

I believe the first 2 days of tryouts take place at Gym Tyme and the third day is like your traditional tryout but they always dress up in costumes for tryouts I know that @wcdad has a daughter that cheers there so he probably has a good idea of how tryouts are ran. There are also a few Louisville cheerleaders here on the board so check out a few of the Louisville threads here in the college section for their profiles.

Does anyone know what Alabama tryouts are like?

Being a competitive squad (including winning the 2011 UCA Div. I-A Cheerleading Championship), tryouts at Alabama are pretty fierce. I know that like UK, Bama tends to select the best cheerleaders for its squad. But don't give up, you just might make the squad!

@Kentucky Girl - I don't mean to be rude or anything, but are you even in college yet? You are answering these questions like you know everything and I'm pretty sure you are in high school. How would you know exactly which teams are easier and harder to make? Sure, you can make a guess, but you shouldn't be answering these questions like you know everything about every single team and school.

@Kentucky Girl - I don't mean to be rude or anything, but are you even in college yet? You are answering these questions like you know everything and I'm pretty sure you are in high school. How would you know exactly which teams are easier and harder to make? Sure, you can make a guess, but you shouldn't be answering these questions like you know everything about every single team and school.
I was thinking the same thing...

Being a competitive squad (including winning the 2011 UCA Div. I-A Cheerleading Championship), tryouts at Alabama are pretty fierce. I know that like UK, Bama tends to select the best cheerleaders for its squad. But don't give up, you just might make the squad!

The poster was wanting to know what the process is like which you do not know. Every team is going to take the best cheerleaders for their squad, if not then what is the point of tryouts. You keep answering questions without knowing the real answer so it isn't helping anyone.

doesn't every school do that..?

Well in terms of squads that do compete where skill is a factor as well as leading the crowd, it's a definite yes. Now non-competitive do look for skill but more importantly focus on leading the crowd.

Actually, I'm not.

Well in terms of squads that do compete where skill is a factor as well as leading the crowd, it's a definite yes. Now non-competitive do look for skill but more importantly focus on leading the crowd.
but they're still going to pick the best athletes that come to their try outs regardless if they're game day or competitive

I know this is an old thread, but was curious if the answer is still the same or has changed. If it has changed, which teams are now the most difficult to make/be a part of?

Back