All-Star This Basket Is Illegal In College And Level 6. Who Can See Why?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ok i'm guessing, maybe because the flyer is actually doing 2 1/2 twists and one over-head rotation. Don't know if its the same in the US but here its not allowed to do more then 2 twists and 1 over head rotation at a time. ( i hope its understandable what i'm tryin to say haha)

ok i'm guessing, maybe because the flyer is actually doing 2 1/2 twists and one over-head rotation. Don't know if its the same in the US but here its not allowed to do more then 2 twists and 1 over head rotation at a time. ( i hope its understandable what i'm tryin to say haha)

I understand what you're saying and that seems like the obvious answer too but kingston has to be making us guess for an interesting reason. I really want to know why now.

i think its either what you said or that one of the athletes is too young to be on a level 6 team (not sure if this rule applies in college ..excuse my lack of knowledge )

Can someone post the link? I don't have flash on Firefox at work so can't see it embedded, and the embedding doesn't seem to work for me in IE!

"A. Tosses are allowed up to a total of 4 tossing bases. One base must be behind the top person during the toss and may assist the top person into the toss."

Also probably

"C. Flipping tosses are allowed up to 1-¼ flipping rotation and 2 additional skills."

A twist is an additional skill and she's doing more than two.

its 3 tricks. Arabian and a spin and another spin. Baskets max at 2 tricks and 1 body position for college (and im assuming level 6 but not sure on the exact rules)

I think you're basically right. The full text for level 6 is:
  1. Flipping tosses are allowed up to 1-¼ flipping rotation and 2 additional skills. A tuck, pike or lay out are not counted in the 2 additional skills. A pike open double full is legal. A tuck X-out double full is illegal because the X-out is considered a skill.

And for college:

F. TOSSES
1. Basket tosses or similar tosses may only be performed from ground level, can use no more than four bases,
and must be cradled by three of the original bases, one of which must catch in a scoop under the head and
shoulders.
2. Basket and elevator/sponge tosses may not be directed so that the bases must move to catch the top person.
3. Basket and elevator/sponge tosses cannot exceed one flipping and two twisting rotations.
4. In flipping basket or elevator/sponge tosses (tuck, layout, or pike position) only two additional skills are
allowed.
One twisting rotation is considered to be one skill.
Examples:
Legal (two skills):
Tuck flip, X-out, Full Twist
Double Full-twisting Layout
Kick, Full-twisting Layout
Pike, Open, Double Full Twist
Arabian Front, Full Twist

Illegal (three skills):
Tuck flip, X-out, Double Full Twist
Kick, Double Full-twisting Layout
Kick, Full-twisting Layout, Kick
Pike, Split, Double Full Twist
Full-twisting Layout, Split, Full Twist

Note: An Arabian Front followed by a 1 ½ twist is considered to be a legal skill.
A Kick Double Full Twist with no flip is legal.

I was thinking more than two twists, but after seeing the comments about no backspot at the beginning, I'm not sure :confused:

Latest posts

Back