OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm from AGD and I'm a twin. One warning I want to give is don't obviously favor one. I know you're going to probably click better with one, but be aware of the others feelings. My big favored my twin in a way that blocked me out and pushed her away. Luckily my twin and I are now good friends, and we all came out the other side just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a triplet and I know how you feel.. My big had a little and then took my twin and I a year later. My triplet didn't want to our big to take any other littles. She practically ignores my twin and I.

I'm a triplet and I know how you feel.. My big had a little and then took my twin and I a year later. My triplet didn't want to our big to take any other littles. She practically ignores my twin and I.
Granted I didn't have a relationship with my big, but my junior year she took a little and didn't tell me. I found out from another girl in the chapter. Like what. I get we dont really get along but our family's expanding. It'd be nice to know.

It makes me sad to hear all the issues with bigs. My oldest loved her big, and they are still super close. She loved her little this year as well.

Just to follow up…

After formal initiation, my daughter officially dropped her big. The entire situation was causing her too much stress. She was so relieved for it to be over.

I was a member of Alpha Psi Omega(honorary theater society, meaning boy and girls together) in college and sadly my big graduated one semester after I was inducted. We are still friends and had been for a long time before that, but didn't get to really have years together. I got a little the next year and thankfully had a whole year with my little, although we don't keep in touch at all anymore.

Part of me has always kind of regretted not joining a sorority, but at the same time I was happy for my time in APO, and also serving as secretary my final year there! Man....this thread has been a fun change to reminisce for sure!! haha

I was a member of Alpha Psi Omega(honorary theater society, meaning boy and girls together) in college and sadly my big graduated one semester after I was inducted. We are still friends and had been for a long time before that, but didn't get to really have years together. I got a little the next year and thankfully had a whole year with my little, although we don't keep in touch at all anymore.

Part of me has always kind of regretted not joining a sorority, but at the same time I was happy for my time in APO, and also serving as secretary my final year there! Man....this thread has been a fun change to reminisce for sure!! haha

My little was initiated in January and the end and I graduated in May and we were friends before she joined. I don't regret taking a little senior year, but at the same time I do feel bad that I'm not there anymore. We keep in touch and I visit her as much as possible so its not terrible, but I do wish I was at least closer so I could see her often. Like I should've been there when she got her little, and I should be there for her little's ceremonies before initiation. Another girl in the chapter decided to adopt them which ticks me off. Its not like I quit the sorority or ignore her. And frankly the girl who decided to adopt them isn't the best influence and I'm pretty sure she wanted my grand little in her family which is why she did it.

Since Alpha Psi Omega was a theater society instead of a standard frat or sorority you actually had to meet qualifications like grade point average and participation in the theater department. It meant that most people couldn't even join until they were sophomores, unless they did a lot of shows their first semester. I think because of that the little and big system was more or less a formality so it was like other greek experiences for our members. We did little gifts during induction week and would help coach them on things leading into the ceremony, but we were all good friends from shows so it was a community that all just meshed overall. At least that was the experience the two years I was a member. Leadership and membership changes can always effect things of course.

Hey guys, I remember seeing in the past on this thread about people asking for recs. So I'm rushing in the fall as a sophomore and if any of you guys are willing to write me a rec, please message me! I'll email you a resumé. My school has these chapters...

Alpha Delta Pi (although I think I can get a rec from an alum I know)
Alpha Chi Omega
Chi Omega
Delta Zeta
Kappa Delta
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

Hey guys, I remember seeing in the past on this thread about people asking for recs. So I'm rushing in the fall as a sophomore and if any of you guys are willing to write me a rec, please message me! I'll email you a resumé. My school has these chapters...

Alpha Chi Omega
Chi Omega
Delta Zeta
Kappa Delta
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

I can do Chi O for you!

Alpha Chi Omega
Chi Omega
Delta Zeta
Kappa Delta
Sigma Kappa
Zeta Tau Alpha

I can do Alpha Delta Pi if you're unable to get the rec from someone else

Has anyone ever experienced or witnessed bullying within Greek life? I am currently inactive due to off campus (aka I'm working my life away one day at a time) and so is another one of my sisters whom I grew close to. She was (and still is) being targeted for multiple things that many others have done and gotten away with because they have roommates/best friends/family members on exec. Also, her emails concerning her forced inactivity have been shown around the chapter, name and all. She has reached out to headquarters multiple times but has not had any response. What would y'all do?

Has anyone ever experienced or witnessed bullying within Greek life? I am currently inactive due to off campus (aka I'm working my life away one day at a time) and so is another one of my sisters whom I grew close to. She was (and still is) being targeted for multiple things that many others have done and gotten away with because they have roommates/best friends/family members on exec. Also, her emails concerning her forced inactivity have been shown around the chapter, name and all. She has reached out to headquarters multiple times but has not had any response. What would y'all do?
I'd inquire with the house and the campus greek life org about the privacy issue with the emails and the execs. Then at the university level too. And with each of those, I would recommend bringing up the other issues to see if they can do anything.

Ultimately she should think about her safety and mental well being and maybe think of getting a new place to live. That kind of environment is terrible for anyone.

I'd inquire with the house and the campus greek life org about the privacy issue with the emails and the execs. Then at the university level too. And with each of those, I would recommend bringing up the other issues to see if they can do anything.

Ultimately she should think about her safety and mental well being and maybe think of getting a new place to live. That kind of environment is terrible for anyone.
Reaching out on the university level brings more backlash from our "sisters." I reached out on the university level when I was getting fined for being late to chapter and missing events because of cheer and got sent to MDC (Membership Development Committee) and basically got told to choose one or the other and that the sorority should take priority.

Back