All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What do you expect me to do? I can't even get CEA's 2nd day video posted.

Just ask for an official response. If we all signed the same packet, does it matter?

As for CEA's 2nd video. I don't feel like their is a conspiracy. I spent 5 minutes searching online and there was already video of it from the stands. It would actually be to the benefit of SE if the video was posted and people would get over it faster. Instead because of the lack of video its going to drag out a long time. Pull the bandaid off slow and suffer the entire time... or rip it off quick and get it over with.

The ICU and the USASF/IASF Worlds are two different competitions, so they could have competed with unlimited boys at ICU but SHOULD have adjusted the routine for USASF. All athletes sign the packet, as do coaches, and all names are listed in the Team Roster. At some point, didn't someone realise that they had too many boys? Either the team or the people who register the team information at USASF? Perhaps they need to put a M/F box next to the original athlete/alternate/substitution checks, or a total number or M athletes, total number of F athletes to make things absolutely clear - especially with language considerations.

Why do you think the judges let it slide?

I don't want to see Bangkok stripped of their win, but rules are rules are rules. :(

The ICU and the USASF/IASF Worlds are two different competitions, so they could have competed with unlimited boys at ICU but SHOULD have adjusted the routine for USASF. All athletes sign the packet, as do coaches, and all names are listed in the Team Roster. At some point, didn't someone realise that they had too many boys? Either the team or the people who register the team information at USASF? Perhaps they need to put a M/F box next to the original athlete/alternate/substitution checks, or a total number or M athletes, total number of F athletes to make things absolutely clear - especially with language considerations.

Why do you think the judges let it slide?

I don't want to see Bangkok stripped of their win, but rules are rules are rules. :(

I am pretty sure I am the only one that noticed. As I walked into the warmup room and saw 3 international teams with 14-16 boys. And asked a bunch of USASF rules people (who are, mind you, NOT in charge of that part and not responsible to enforce it). I think from there the info spread. I think the competition company then realized what had happened. A friend asked me, what were they to do at that point? I responded, enforce the rules.

I am pretty sure I am the only one that noticed. As I walked into the warmup room and saw 3 international teams with 14-16 boys. And asked a bunch of USASF rules people (who are, mind you, NOT in charge of that part and not responsible to enforce it). I think from there the info spread. I think the competition company then realized what had happened. A friend asked me, what were they to do at that point? I responded, enforce the rules.

Then I suppose there's a real question of credibility on the part of the comp company. If NCA will revoke a title, then why not Worlds, even if they didn't stop them from actually competing an illegal routine? True, it costs a lot for an int'l team to come and compete, and Worlds is still relatively new and wants to attract more int'l teams, but I don't think they should get a waiver on rules because of it. If Worlds wants to be a legitimate competition, then no one should get a pass. Adjusting the score sheets for the int'l division is a big concession and I think it really helps attract more teams (although I feel it should be a temporary measure in place for a few years, but that's on another thread ;)) but actually waiving the rules ... wow.

Then I suppose there's a real question of credibility on the part of the comp company. If NCA will revoke a title, then why not Worlds, even if they didn't stop them from actually competing an illegal routine? True, it costs a lot for an int'l team to come and compete, and Worlds is still relatively new and wants to attract more int'l teams, but I don't think they should get a waiver on rules because of it. If Worlds wants to be a legitimate competition, then no one should get a pass. Adjusting the score sheets for the int'l division is a big concession and I think it really helps attract more teams (although I feel it should be a temporary measure in place for a few years, but that's on another thread ;)) but actually waiving the rules ... wow.

You can always feel free to email and ask.

I don't think they should be stripped of their title, however i feel like on saturday, they should have been giving the proper deductions or what it may be, forced to fix their error on sunday, and then compete, it's only fair.

Then didn't compete on Saturday. They only competed on Sunday.

And I go with the same explanation they give with the rules. If you get away with breaking the rules in a performance or at another competition that does NOT free you from getting called on them later.

In the Worlds Recap vid for Day 2, Justin Carrier says something about Bangkok's illegality deductions in a general way. Does that refer to pyramid things or could it refer to the number of boys on the floor also? Would the team be disqualified completely, if the rules were enforced, or would they just get deductions for the extra boys?

Then didn't compete on Saturday. They only competed on Sunday.

And I go with the same explanation they give with the rules. If you get away with breaking the rules in a performance or at another competition that does NOT free you from getting called on them later.

oh, well they still competed twice on sunday? I still feel like they should have been called out the first time they competed, and did their best to fix those mistakes before they went on again. If it had been rust out there with 13 boys, the judges most likely would have DQ them or gave them serious deductions.

The rules should be the same for everyone no matter what country you represent! I can't believe something like this could be overlooked:eek:

Just ask for an official response. If we all signed the same packet, does it matter?

I've sent your request to Jim Chadwick and Steve Peterson asking for an official response from USASF/IASF.

I've sent your request to Jim Chadwick and Steve Peterson asking for an official response from USASF/IASF.

Can I get a cookie for predicting the answer?

Even though we all signed the packet agree to abide by the rules IN the packet, even though I sent emails for the past couple summers, because of the inconsistency to win a bid and to compete we have decided to err on the side of the performers. Even though IASF legality rules and USASF legality rules are different and we enforce USASF legality because of what is signed in the packet.

**sigh**

Does anyone know the rules involving the number of males for obtaining a bid in Thailand?

Does anyone know the rules involving the number of males for obtaining a bid in Thailand?

Same as the rules for obtaining a bid in the US. Rust won their bid with 13 males on the floor. You have to trim for Worlds.

Back