All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
First, this would not have affected my personal teams placement in the end, which is why I said or did nothing at the competition. I am bringing this us, post Worlds again, for discussion.

In International Open Coed 6 to win a bid you have been allowed to use more than 12 guys on the floor for the past couple years, but for Worlds you are required to sign a packet that says you will not use more than 12 guys on the floor. This is the only place this is said. I have sent emails every summer asking for corrections (it kinda sucks that you can win a bid with more guys but THEN have to trim the division to 12 for Worlds) and still have the emails (just looked through them today)

There were quite a few international teams that had more than 12 guys, Bangkok being one of them. Does this matter? Boys make it easier to pyramid and put more assisted stunts in the air. Would they have been able to do as great of pyramids if they had to get rid of 3 boys? Does it matter to people or are they just so happy they did awesome and won we don't care if anyone follows the rules.

Now, if Top Gun IO5 had more than 12 boys on the floor I feel like people would be up in arms. But because they are actually an international team do they deserve a pass?

Not that it is written the same for EVERYONE EVERYWHERE (usasf.net and iasfworlds.net), and it is only in the packet that you all must sign and agree to the rules that you are only allowed 12 boys on the floor.

1 2 3... discuss!

Not if they broke rules. Unless they were not given the same rules as we were. If they were...that is "cheating". Nothing against Bankok. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed watching them live this year and wanted them to win...but not if they break the rules :(

Not if they broke rules. Unless they were not given the same rules as we were. If they were...that is "cheating". Nothing against Bankok. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed watching them live this year and wanted them to win...but not if they break the rules :(

We all signed the same packet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I agree. Rules are rules, and should be applied the same to everyone in the division.

Then they broke the rules.....

As did most international teams. On purpose? No. Idiotically ICU divisions do NOT follow the same restrictions as international (or vice versa). So these countries spending all this money to come over would have to have two routines.

Will anything be said or done? As much as I do enjoy Bangkok, I get frustrated no one has the guts to enforce rules. They were too loved to get called out or disqualified. And nothing will change for next year.

It is also frustrating because it shifts the perspective of competition. When you have more boys you aren't afraid to put up more stunts. 7 stunts with 7 boy side spots is WAY different than 7 stunts and two girl sidespots. Ask any college person and they will tell you.

I am calling it now. ICU will still allow more than 12 boys, International teams will compete with more than 12 boys, and no one will continue to say a thing.

Just out of curiosity and a little off topic, but is the packet distributed to international teams written in English? If so, I would imagine there would be several translation misunderstandings and/or interpretation of the information. Not saying this would be the case for this particular instance, but there is a LOT of information in the Worlds packet and I would imagine it must be difficult for foreign countries to absorb all of the information if it needs to be translated.

Just out of curiosity and a little off topic, but is the packet distributed to international teams written in English? If so, I would imagine there would be several translation misunderstandings and/or interpretation of the information. Not saying this would be the case for this particular instance, but there is a LOT of information in the Worlds packet and I would imagine it must be difficult for foreign countries to absorb all of the information if it needs to be translated.

True. I guess the 1-12 part for males might get translated wrong? And, if you go to a foreign country and break the law can you say you don't understand Spanish so you didn't know it was illegal?

Again, I am telling you HOW it happened. ICU doesn't limit males. The USASF AT worlds does. To win a bid in the US and anywhere you can have more than 12 males.

We can always ask @ACEDAD for his official help. But I can tell you the answer. Because it was written different in two places we are going to err on the side of the team. Even though there is no loophole. You can win a bid with more than 12, but you have to compete with 12 or less... that is what we sign to say we comply with the rules.

Oh my HOLY COW!!! I want to say FIRST that I was BLOWN away at Bangkok, they put on and unbelievable show!!! I was actually annoyed that they were TIED with GT. Now I can't believe that GT is not your single WORLD CHAMPION!! Can @LesStella clarify why this was not caught in the warm up area in Semi's or Finals? Why were they allowed to take the floor like that? I know that a prep that bumped down wrong was caught 1023498123 times but you can't count to 12? A rule is a rule and I truly believe their title should be revoked. NCA college nationals had a title revoked and this is WORLDS how are we going to take things serious if things like this slides!? USASF needs to step up!!

Could this explain the tie? I am not trying to go into "conspiracy theories", but could it have been a way for the judges to have not called out Bangkok for breaking the rules (if the judges for whatever reason felt they couldn't) while not penalizing Gymtyme that performed with an obvious disadvantage. Not saying it would be right, if that were the rationale - just sitting here speculating.

Back