All-Star Tough Times Paying For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 11, 2010
Does anyone ever have problems paying for cheerleading? How do you solve the problem & find money to pay for it? Do you cut corners in other ways?

I know I can't cheer this year & have to take a year off because we don't have nearly enough money :(

work in the gym! ive met plenty of people who do that, and it pays like half of their tuition. also try carpooling with people in your area to cut down on gas costs!

i'm not sure if your gym has a booster club, but ever since our gym started on last year my mom hasn't paid out of our pocket for anything having to do with mine or my sisters cheer!

I was selling cheer bows at our gym to help pay... but we got a new gym manager and he wont let me do that anymore so I don't know what I'm going to do now :(

This was my world for 24 hours. It was a very real possibility that my cp would have to sit out this season, in fact we had already decided to do it and were just waiting to talk to her about it after school. My issue was not the monthly fees, I can handle that...it was the two monthly tuitions due within 7 days of each other that was going to kill me. If I was smart I would have put May's tuition away at the beginning of the month but I didn't think about it and almost submarined the season for my cp. Luckily I have a dad that loves to contribute to his granddaughter's activities and has the means to do it. He came through for us and offered to pay the biggest of the two payments plus the 1st comp fee payment. If he hadn't she would be tumbling all season.
Now I just have to hope that we don't get new uniforms for our team! I am going to plan for it but really hoping I get one more season out of her current uni (she doesn't grow...at all...just ask people on here that have met her). One of the owners was overheard saying he wanted "more purple". Inside I'm screaming..."NO!! Let's do more purple next season!! I'll do all the purple you want...NEXT SEASON!!!" Luckily they won't be changing warm ups anytime soon and it's so big on her she'll be wearing it to Worlds when she's 18!!
I would love to see more gyms do what soccer teams do and that is have parents work concession stands at local venues and then a portion of the money made goes into your child's cheer account. My youngest's club soccer team offered that and I paid for all of her expenses by working at Dallas Cowboys Stadium and Texas Rangers ballfield. Our old gym in AZ also had a agreement with ASU, we would work as ushers or in concessions, some families paid for their whole season that way. Or at least offer some kind of fundraising.....

Something that is going to save our little gym this year (and I hope it continues); one of our parents got a stand for our organization at Camden Yards/Orioles Park. If you work 28 games this summer (from April through Sept), you will cover your entire season. Including uniform. We have had a majority of our families participate in this. It can be fun and its fairly uncomplicated. If you have a local sports team, have a parent ask about running a stand. It is worth it!

always be positive! work at the gym if you can! do fundraisers yard sales do anything possible to get income.
goodluck, if not this season next season! its possible.

I would love to see more gyms do what soccer teams do and that is have parents work concession stands at local venues and then a portion of the money made goes into your child's cheer account. My youngest's club soccer team offered that and I paid for all of her expenses by working at Dallas Cowboys Stadium and Texas Rangers ballfield. Our old gym in AZ also had a agreement with ASU, we would work as ushers or in concessions, some families paid for their whole season that way. Or at least offer some kind of fundraising.....

UA does a ton of this, and it is going to be my lifesaver this season. Tuition isn't really the issue for us (and no new uniforms this season, thank goodness), but UA is going to UCA in Orlando next March. I literally have to start fundraising and saving now. UA has had a concessions agreement with the Milwaukee Brewers for a few seasons now, but they added Alpine Valley (a big outdoor music venue) and a few other local events where parents can go and work the concessions and beer tents.

i want to work at my gym sooooo badly and with my step mom just having a baby the money isnt there i drive and carpool as well and it helps but i am working all summer long and probably all next year to pay for cheer as well as my car, sometimes i swear people have no idea how expensive it really is!

Have you talked to your gym about this? A LOT of gyms I know do this (actually most of the ones I know do it). Maybe you could get it started for your gym? Famous is a brand new gym, and we're already booked for concerts all summer (I think about 20 concerts?) and a few races as well. We also have a way to work providing security services for a security company (our first assignment was directing traffic/parking at the auditions for the TV show X Factor!). Talk to your gym owner and see if they have anyone else that's interested in getting it started.

This may sound dumb, but do you have a job? Especially with summer coming up, therte is a big window of time to make a lot of money. If you don't..I'd get on that ASAP. Working will get you money faster and more than fundrasing. If you do, see if you can increase your hours over the summer! Good luck :)

I was selling cheer bows at our gym to help pay... but we got a new gym manager and he wont let me do that anymore so I don't know what I'm going to do now :(
sell them outside of cheer! sell them on fierceboard, if its not in the gym he CANT stop you? you can do it outside? id buy a bow or 2 from ya!

personally, no i do not have that problem. but other girls/boys in the gym do!

I HAVE LOTS OF IDEAS!!!!!

i live in michigan and you can work tigers games (baseball) to fundraise. well the parents do..talk to someone about that! you can also talk to someone about starting fundraisers! some that my gyms has done
-bowling
-moms night out
-selling candles (mollys soy bean) i think theyre called?
-pizza/salad/pasta night at the gym.
-BAKE SALE! i love em! and you usually make alot $!
-bingo
and some more, pm me if you want more!!

would you rather cheer or.... whatever else, if you see something at the store you wanna buy, dont buy it! eventually all of it will add up.

ask for money for everything! birthday, christmas (or other holiday), easter or whatever you celebrate.

sell stuff out of cheer! sell stuff on here, bows? if you know how to make them? pins...your teams stuff? and make the price a little higher!

collect pop cans and bottles, every extra thing will help:)

babysit, help a neighbor, cut the grass.

instead of trading shirts, pins or bows..sell them!! id personally rather buy one than trade one, so you can keep all your shirts!

clean peoples houses! i know a girl who gets payed $20 an hr!! and she goes to the house 5 times a month!

pm me if you want more ideass:) i know a ton because girls/boys at my gym have this problem!

sell them outside of cheer! sell them on fierceboard, if its not in the gym he CANT stop you? you can do it outside? id buy a bow or 2 from ya!
I can sell them outside of the gym (and I will) it's just much harder. If I sell them over fierceboard I have to deal with shipping them and then they'll have to cost more and its just much more difficult then setting a big basket of them at the gym.

I can sell them outside of the gym (and I will) it's just much harder. If I sell them over fierceboard I have to deal with shipping them and then they'll have to cost more and its just much more difficult then setting a big basket of them at the gym.
yeah i will pay for shipping! ahh, i think its SO sad when people cant cheer:( you cant send em in a envolope to me and ill send you the money back?

Back