All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hair so teased it looks like a bird nest.

Autographed bows/shoes/shirts/etc being sold by athletes...

Fangirls (sadly, these will never go away).

Athletes posting pictures of a crowded arena saying "cheer is a sport". Our filling up an arena is not a reason cheer is a sport.

I would just like to point out that this was something that called for the suspension of Todd Gurley from UGA football. Now I understand that allstar cheer isn't governed by NCAA but I think it would be a smart move by USASF to enforce a similar rule.

It's a good thing you're not going to Daytona then. But I've heard UCA College is just as bad as Daytona.

I agree it's pretty bad in Daytona, but at least those athletes are adults and some are actually of a legal drinking age.

I agree it's pretty bad in Daytona, but at least those athletes are adults and some are actually of a legal drinking age.

True, I don't meant to condone it. At those are adults and if they got to jail for underage drinking it's on them.

those were some of my favorite memories of all - along with my youngest being overzealous one competition and doing 2 more BHS than there was mat...straight into the judges table. You will look back and smile (and maybe make a vine :D) I promise!
I miss those mini days :( I remember my daughter's first comp ever - watching her run onto the mat arms waving everywhere with the biggest smile. It was a small comp. We had no idea what we were doing back then lol. They won " first place" since no one else was in their division. After awards, she was so excited and told me they won first place of the whole competition! she had no idea how it worked being 7 lol.

It's a good thing you're not going to Daytona then. But I've heard UCA College is just as bad as Daytona.
This just made my wheels start turning. Varsity is well aware of these issues yet has chosen to ignore them. I wonder now that they have been acquired and are promoting themselves as an educational and athletic based company if there will be some changes. I would think that Charlesbank Capital would not want that type of press.

This just made my wheels start turning. Varsity is well aware of these issues yet has chosen to ignore them. I wonder now that they have been acquired and are promoting themselves as an educational and athletic based company if there will be some changes. I would think that Charlesbank Capital would not want that type of press.

I don't think it's hurt varsity to this point and I don't think it will hurt them going forward. Those are both college events and the athletes are over 18 (if not legal drinking age). Yes, they're representing their schools, but I don't think Varsity really has any incentive to try and put a stop to it.

As someone said, there are more 21 year olds. It's definitely a personal thing for me, when I'm at a competition it's solely to compete. There's something about 15 year olds drinking at worlds that really bothers me

Under age kids aside, I've never really understood this attitude. If I'm done competing, so what? Even the Olympic village turns into a mad house when athletes are done competing.

I don't know your drinking/partying habits, but I will be interested to see if you have the same attitude when you're back from UCA.

And yes, 15 year olds drinking at worlds is absolutely a problem. Huge groups of teenagers drinking in public anywhere is a problem. I just don't see how the fact that they're there to compete has any weight on that point - especially if it's not happening until after the competition is over.

I'm on a level 6 team, we have a mix of people over 18, over 21, and a few 17 year olds. My personal opinion on the matter (and I'm basically team mom) is that, once we're done competing, if you're over 18, you're an adult and I don't really care what you do. If someone on the team wants to give you alcohol, that's their risk to take (and one I won't take). I tell everyone on my team that they have no business providing alcohol to anyone still in high school - on our open or senior teams - if something happens to them, we're responsible to their parents. I'll be by the pool bar, having a few drinks responsibly with the 25+ crowd on my team, the old farts, because I took 4 days off from work for worlds and this is my vacation.

Last edited:
Things that I do not wish to see this season:
> Flexible Cheetos (I get you want to fake tan and all but you do not look pretty as an oompa loompa)
> Poofs and Pony Tails the size of the Empire State Building (and lets be serious half of them look like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards)
> The extreme "I'm feeling myself up because this looks fierce" dance moves. You ain't a stripper love.
> The USASF being a hot mess.
> The Champion's League being a hot mess
> Insane "Cheerlebrity" advertising campaigns.
> Live streams not working
> Girls wearing so much makeup you would be able to slap them and have enough on your hands to sell.

Things that I do not wish to see this season:
> Flexible Cheetos (I get you want to fake tan and all but you do not look pretty as an oompa loompa)
> Poofs and Pony Tails the size of the Empire State Building (and lets be serious half of them look like they've been dragged through a hedge backwards)
> The extreme "I'm feeling myself up because this looks fierce" dance moves. You ain't a stripper love.
> The USASF being a hot mess.
> The Champion's League being a hot mess
> Insane "Cheerlebrity" advertising campaigns.
> Live streams not working
> Girls wearing so much makeup you would be able to slap them and have enough on your hands to sell.
LMAO!

@Ashley I wonder if things get crazy at NHSCC.

Back