All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

unpopular opinion i guess but i love going full out with hair/makeup on comp days! we really don't compete that often so maybe thats why i love it but i find getting ready to be so much fun! i wouldn't love comp days near as much with a straight back pony and no poof/tease. plus if i feel personally getting all glammed up for comp works wonders for the confidence..

agreed! getting glammed up just makes me even more excited and feel more confident about myself. i feel like i perform better when i'm more confident. granted, i agree that the clown look is really never in haha
having previously done gymnastics, we wouldn't do hair or makeup. it was just a high ponytail. pretty much like practice, and so competition never felt super special. but getting ready for cheer competitions adds to the excitement for me. and it's nice to work so hard and go from just a simple messy pony at practice to showing off your skills and dolling up at comps

agreed! getting glammed up just makes me even more excited and feel more confident about myself. i feel like i perform better when i'm more confident. granted, i agree that the clown look is really never in haha
having previously done gymnastics, we wouldn't do hair or makeup. it was just a high ponytail. pretty much like practice, and so competition never felt super special. but getting ready for cheer competitions adds to the excitement for me. and it's nice to work so hard and go from just a simple messy pony at practice to showing off your skills and dolling up at comps
I'm like a completely different person with my poof and teased ponytail. (I don't go over the top and I make it clean before I make it big)

unpopular opinion i guess but i love going full out with hair/makeup on comp days! we really don't compete that often so maybe thats why i love it but i find getting ready to be so much fun! i wouldn't love comp days near as much with a straight back pony and no poof/tease. plus if i feel personally getting all glammed up for comp works wonders for the confidence..
I feel the same about school cheerleaders at games. It is a performance out in front of crowd. My girls always take some time for makeup and hair-albeit on on a smaller scale.

I do know a girl who will throw her hair up into a ponytail on the way to the game and then, haphazardly put her bow on.

She cheer allstar and from the pictures--she shows the same attention to detail in getting ready for competitions. I don't get it.

I feel the same about school cheerleaders at games. It is a performance out in front of crowd. My girls always take some time for makeup and hair-albeit on on a smaller scale.

I do know a girl who will throw her hair up into a ponytail on the way to the game and then, haphazardly put her bow on.

She cheer allstar and from the pictures--she shows the same attention to detail in getting ready for competitions. I don't get it.
i used to cheer with a girl like that.. she'd show up to competitions with her hair down and no makeup.. she looked like a hot mess every. single. comp.

i used to cheer with a girl like that.. she'd show up to competitions with her hair down and no makeup.. she looked like a hot mess every. single. comp.
So sad!

In one of their team pics, all the other girls have their bow up on top of their heads. Her hair is in a regular high pony.

Getting glammed up and looking fierce are part of the fun, IMO.

I'm not a huge fan when people yell the counts during the pyramid. I'm pretty positive everyone can count to eight on their own.

I'm so guilty of this as a coach... I can't help it when my kids are on the competition floor. They know the counts and I know the backspots are counting anyway. I think it's my defense against just nervously yelling "AHHHHHH" during all stunt sequences.

I'm so guilty of this as a coach... I can't help it when my kids are on the competition floor. They know the counts and I know the backspots are counting anyway. I think it's my defense against just nervously yelling "AHHHHHH" during all stunt sequences.
It's total habit. Same reason I marked part of my mini routines last year. Eeek!

Believe it or not on a score sheet for my old uni team there was a message to the coach saying I know you want to support your team but I let them do the routine you do not need to count for them. Apparently she was screaming her head off she has never lived it down

Back