All-Star Trilateral Agreement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wondered when this would show up. I just saw it on Facebook. So, forgive my lack of clarity...this is a step toward 1) recognizing cheer as a sport and 2) moving toward Olympic consideration, no?

Under these "agreements" signed, what style are we talking about? All-star, college, STUNT, NCATA? I'm just curious what we are agreeing to. I assume ICU means ICU style, I'm just curious bc we all know what happens when you "assume".

Is anyone else extremely concerned about what will happen to Coed cheerleading as more and more people try to push cheerleading into the category of sport as opposed to athletic activity? Be careful what you wish for...

I think that the only place this could really have an impact on is college. If college cheerleading becomes a sport, coed cheer will definitely be affected because it almost certainly won't count for Title IX. But I don't see why it couldn't be coed in, say, the Olympics.

Is anyone else extremely concerned about what will happen to Coed cheerleading as more and more people try to push cheerleading into the category of sport as opposed to athletic activity? Be careful what you wish for...
I'm not worried, there is a place for coed. Think of it liked mixed tennis, guys/girls compete together. Is the sport larger for girls, yes, is there a place for males, yes. Regardless I see this a HUGE positive step. I just, like everyone else, am very anxious for the next step.

What professional or Olympic sport do you know of that is coed?
Not sure if this is quite what you mean, because it's generally seen as a more individual sport, but in all the equestrian events in the Olympics men and women compete on equal terms. Also, you get mixed 4s in Paralympic rowing (but not Olympic for some reason)

I feel like there are so many unknowns. I want to like this announcement, but I wish there was more detailed information as to what will change. The headline sounds great, but I wish I could read the fine print.

So excited. I know I said that I don't care if the rest of the world doesn't think cheer is a sport, but I'm really excited. It's not just about the title "sport." It's that people outside the industry recognize our hard work and our talent.

Back