All-Star Trilateral Agreement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm honestly envisioning a model similar to exactly what the ICU already has in place, just instead of ICU medals, they're Olympic ones.

Although 'Jeff Webb' and 'Cheer athletes' always makes me nervous..

I'm honestly envisioning a model similar to exactly what the ICU already has in place, just instead of ICU medals, they're Olympic ones.

Although 'Jeff Webb' and 'Cheer athletes' always makes me nervous..

That would make ICU Worlds every 4 years than.

Well no. They could still have regular ICU Worlds (like most sports have Worlds every year), and then if/when it's included in the Olympics, the above happens.
So could we POTENTIALLY be going back to the "old school" ways where TEAMS have regional comps to qualify for an ACTUAL National Championship to have to actually QUALIFY for the "World Championships" WOW, I might actually be on board. I know I'm jumping the gun but I could see it forcing the hand to several positives!

I feel like there are so many unknowns. I want to like this announcement, but I wish there was more detailed information as to what will change. The headline sounds great, but I wish I could read the fine print.
wells its more that the groups have come to an agreement in understanding what Cheer is as a sport/activity, the huge numbers cheer has worldwide, and the understanding of all this to push for things like the Olympics. Helps cheer overall because international organizations see it as level with other sports

Back