All-Star Trinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 26, 2011
Can someone PLEASE fill me in about Trinity? Apparently Shayla, Angel, and 2 other boys are getting paid or "scholarships" to go there. Is it because of the TV show? And wouldn't let mess up there eligibility for college cheer on the future? I'm sorry I just think this is crazy and I don't want to spread rumors but I want to know the pure facts

I think every person has to do what they feel is best for them and only THEY know the pure facts. I have spoken at length with Shayla's Mom about her decision and let me just say it wasn't an easy one but it is what's right for Shayla at this time. Everyone always "thinks" they know the inside scoop but really they have NO idea. I know the information that was shared with me is very disturbing and really disgusting but in the end it is what it is and as long as Shayla is happy where she is at then I'm happy for her :)

I think every person has to do what they feel is best for them and only THEY know the pure facts. I have spoken at length with Shayla's Mom about her decision and let me just say it wasn't an easy one but it is what's right for Shayla at this time. Everyone always "thinks" they know the inside scoop but really they have NO idea. I know the information that was shared with me is very disturbing and really disgusting but in the end it is what it is and as long as Shayla is happy where she is at then I'm happy for her :)
Hey as long as they are happy that's good! Just wouldn't want them to screw up college cheer cause I know shayla would be a perfect college cheerleader!

Wanted to make sure I clarified that the disturbing and disgusting information was not about Shayla or her Mom :)

no idea but is angel's mom really coaching there?
i stink at tumbling and im actually really excited if she is, for angel rice's mom to coach me would be a DREAM

I'm hearing that you can cheer free at Trinity, just pay for uni and shoes. Don't know how true that is but I suspect somewhat. OAN-how is receiving a schlolarship a violation and might affect college cheer?

What does that have to do with college cheerleading? Why does GA think they are the only program to produce college athletes? I am sure almost any athlete could find a college to cheer at--newsflash: not all college's have good cheer programs. It's not unusual for college's to have teams that are worse than high schools.

What does that have to do with college cheerleading? Why does GA think they are the only program to produce college athletes? I am sure almost any athlete could find a college to cheer at--newsflash: not all college's have good cheer programs. It's not unusual for college's to have teams that are worse than high schools.
Sorry I thought there was a rule that if you were paid to cheer, not cheer free but paid to cheer, than you couldn't receive a college cheer scholarship. I'm wrong I think so ignore that sorry y'all!!!

Sorry I thought there was a rule that if you were paid to cheer, not cheer free but paid to cheer, than you couldn't receive a college cheer scholarship. I'm wrong I think so ignore that sorry y'all!!!

I don't think they are getting "paid" to cheer, they are getting the opportunity to make money while cheering at that program, which is different than getting "paid" I understand where you were coming from though so no worries :)

If the NCAA becomes involved in cheer and scholarships are through them then being sponsored and receieving money would mean you would not be able to get a scholarship. The athletes that receive special perks such as free items and stuff may run into issues, but thus far the only think that could hurt this from happening would be if you were on a TV show and got paid for it. Of course this is all if the NCAA takes over college cheer and the athlete wants to get a scholarship. If they are just getting to cheer for free then that shouldn't hurt their scholarships chances.

This is why we will be best friends :chestbump:
It gets old seeing "gym with the most college athlete placement", plus who is keeping track of all of this?

There were so many arrogant posts on twitter the other day, that I wanted to throw my phone out the window. Get a grip.

It has been that way for a good week or so. Congrats to those athletes who made their college team, but the constant reminder that they place more athletes then any other gym is just overkill.

As for Trinity I am interested to see how they do this coming season with Gianni involved. Have they had their tryouts yet and decided on teams?

While athletes with notoriety tend to be recognized by name, let us please keep the discussions about gyms and teams. Gracias!

Back