Tumbling And Flexibility Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 27, 2012
Hey all!
So, I'm really exited because my town is opening its first all-star gym in my town in January! I cannot tumble and i have the flexibility of a toothpick! lol! The team I am aiming to be on is senior level 5. I have until mid-january to master my BHS and heel stretch. Any tips at all even for other level 5 skills would be much appreciated! thanks so much!

^ Those two are right, but that doesn't mean you should stop working! For your heel stretch, work on left leg splits a LOT. Oversplits too! Then pull 50 of them for 5 seconds each on the ground in front of a mirror every night before bed. Make sure you're kicking your foot up to your ear, right in front of you, and not out to the side like a V. For your back handspring, since there's not a cheer gym around yet, I suggest going to a local gymnastics gym and doing classes/open gyms/etc. It may take a while to get one if you haven't worked on them before, but if you work hard then you should have no problem! Once you get your handsprings consistent and solid, you will be solid in level 2 tumbling. After that, work on back handspring series and specialty (front walkover through, back handspring step outs, cartwheel back handsprings) to help prepare you for level 3 tumbling. Good luck!! :)

^ Those two are right, but that doesn't mean you should stop working! For your heel stretch, work on left leg splits a LOT. Oversplits too! Then pull 50 of them for 5 seconds each on the ground in front of a mirror every night before bed. Make sure you're kicking your foot up to your ear, right in front of you, and not out to the side like a V. For your back handspring, since there's not a cheer gym around yet, I suggest going to a local gymnastics gym and doing classes/open gyms/etc. It may take a while to get one if you haven't worked on them before, but if you work hard then you should have no problem! Once you get your handsprings consistent and solid, you will be solid in level 2 tumbling. After that, work on back handspring series and specialty (front walkover through, back handspring step outs, cartwheel back handsprings) to help prepare you for level 3 tumbling. Good luck!! :)
thank you so much! :)

Back