High School Uca All-american

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got Jump OFF queen JV... and I got invited to go to London as an ALL AMERICAN... but i can't go to london... its way too expensive!! :(

We have 42 cheerleaders total on all three teams and we had an in-house UCA camp this year. They made everyone try out even if you didn't want to. Me and 5 or 6 other girls made it.

Do people really take this super seriously? Just a question. Maybe it's different in different areas.
well in ohio, since all-star cheer isn't that big, this is a HUGE deal. only the seniors (at my school at least) are aloud to try out, some make it some don't! The ones that don't make it cry like they cut from the Varsity or something

well in ohio, since all-star cheer isn't that big, this is a HUGE deal. only the seniors (at my school at least) are aloud to try out, some make it some don't! The ones that don't make it cry like they cut from the Varsity or something

I'm from Ohio too and the instructors at UCA made everyone from our Freshmen, JV and Varsity try out but only 6 or so total made it. Maybe the difference is that ours was an in-house camp. What high school are you from?

I'm from Ohio too and the instructors at UCA made everyone from our Freshmen, JV and Varsity try out but only 6 or so total made it. Maybe the difference is that ours was an in-house camp. What high school are you from?
it was Vandalia Butler High School and yeah we were at OSU one year & Wright state the next, if they hadn't cut it down just to Varsity could tryout then we would have been there all night because with only Varsity and some of JV trying out we were there until 11...

seniors at my school are the only ones that are allowed to try out. Last year, our senior, Alexa, got cheerleader of the year. It just depends on what the judges are looking for honestly.

My high school team is going to UCA cheer camp next week. We've been given information on trying out for All-American, and I can't decide if I want to do it or not! Right now I'm leaning towards yes, because you only have to do a dance, a cheer, and a jump; which are all my strong suits. I'm just concerned because I'm only a sophomore so I don't know if that would hurt my chances. So should I try out, and if so, any tips or advice? Thanks!

dont let being a sophmore stop you! if you've got what it takes you've got what it takes! i say go for it! how will you know if you dont try?! & TIP: FACIALS. FACIALS. FACIALS. FAICALS. you gotta work it if you want it!(;

I am an incoming sophomore and I got All American this year. It's simple, trust me. They gave it to 5 of the 7 girls who tried out. I'm not going to London, because it's like $3000, but I did send in for the patch for my letter jacket. It also looks good on job applications and college applications.
I would love to see what this year's patch looked like. Any chance of uploading a picture of it?

I would love to see what this year's patch looked like. Any chance of uploading a picture of it?
I don't have this year's, but I have last year's! I messed up really badly in the dance this year and didn't make it haha.

If nobody gets it to you sooner, I'll upload it when CP gets her lettermans after spring break next week. We had it put on there.

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

I always love to see other peoples letterman jackets and patches, everyones is so different. So so upload as many pictures as you want.

I always love to see other peoples letterman jackets and patches, everyones is so different. So so upload as many pictures as you want.

Well, it won't be that exciting!! Ours are plain, single color, and she just earned it for one year cheer.....so not many patches!!

She should get it just in time to wear it for a lovely bathing suit cover!! hahahaha

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

I have one, I'll try to find it for a pic.

I know this is an old thread, but this is recently relevant to me. All American is usually chosen based on the average score of the camp. It he average score is 8 (total guess), and you score below that you don't go. I truly believe it's a money maker, my teammates who went to London, are not the most standout athletes, but based on the other preformances, they surpassed them. Many girls from our camp didn't go because the price is crazy, my friends however wanted the experience and made it work.

The trip is great, but the price could be totally cheaper.

Back