All-Star Uca All-stars Nationals 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we went about 5 years ago and thought everything was run very well but we didn't like the scoring and didn't like competing in indiana jones.
the scoring has changed though because back then the didn't really have a set score sheet like they do now.

I love UCA. It is a great competition to end your season with! It allows the kids to have some fun on the side and maybe hit the parks together before or after competing. One year my daughters team went to a different competition instead and we all missed it so much. It has become a tradition for us now and we wait for it all year! I highly recommend it :).

Cheerforce was a bit disappointed in our placement on day 2! For WC suns to hit on day 1-0 deductions and be in 4th, then do the same thing and win?? Just doesn't add up. I coach Cheerforce senior black-medium allgirl, and the score sheets were not right. When they announced FCA for third place (somehow) I started crying, knowing that CF was taking the big win......not. I understand that CF had 3 touchdowns and that killed us, but our raw score was the highest. We may not have the most difficult routine maybe compared to someone like FCA, but we don't play when it comes to clean and execution, as to why we did so well. Thankfully they sugar coated us with A Paid Bid, but people, I just don't get that result. AND I'm not being biased. I mean, what do you guys think? (all of the above is my opinion only)

i was a spectator at UCA this year and i figured i might be a little distracted from the comp from being in disney/florida but the weather was awful so i couldn't enjoy much of that part :( but the competition was great!! so happy that ody and suns got their bids

Cheerforce was a bit disappointed in our placement on day 2! For WC suns to hit on day 1-0 deductions and be in 4th, then do the same thing and win?? Just doesn't add up. I coach Cheerforce senior black-medium allgirl, and the score sheets were not right. When they announced FCA for third place (somehow) I started crying, knowing that CF was taking the big win......not. I understand that CF had 3 touchdowns and that killed us, but our raw score was the highest. We may not have the most difficult routine maybe compared to someone like FCA, but we don't play when it comes to clean and execution, as to why we did so well. Thankfully they sugar coated us with A Paid Bid, but people, I just don't get that result. AND I'm not being biased. I mean, what do you guys think? (all of the above is my opinion only)

I am just a parent - and in small senior I have to say I feel something was not right with our score sheets either, especially day 2 - being 75% and hitting the way we did - but not to take away from the ones that placed ahead of us - but scratching my head on a few them - I normally dont speak up about these things, but I understand what you are saying - since I feel that way about my division - but that is all I will say, its over and I dont want to come across as negative - when I am just a bit confused is all... I watched the medium all girl divsion, I thought cheerforce looked great :). I thought FCA would have placed first, then cheerforce 2nd... based on sundays performances alone - but could have been either way between the two, and I would not have been surprised..both teams looked good...this is just my opinion- however... I was surprised how the results turned out though, I did not expect that. But that is my opinion as a spectator -but it seems the scoring really did not add up or make sense.

Everyone, please remember that you and your team/gym are not the only ones on the boards....all of us always feel disappointed when our team doesn't win or feel that something was "unfair" but 99 percent of the time there is a good reason for the placements........I'm sure it is difficult for the parents or team members of the teams mentioned here to read about your feelings toward them.......until you have absolute proof that something was done unfairly these kind of thoughts should limit another gym or team name....as in every sport, every day is a new day so let's all just bring it to the mat at Worlds :)

I understand your non-bias, but coming from someone who watched the division with no dog in the fight maybe the following will help... maybe not..

World Cup Suns (Medium Senior)
Day 1:
- had fulls that were supposed to be doubles
- and switch kicks that didn't happen

Day 2:
- all the fulls doubled (that were supposed to)
- the basket tosses successfully switch kicked
- they added baskets

With the added difficulty, and a 25/75 score split I guess it Paid off (literally)

lakerfantlc said:
sugar coating by giving paid bid? really? not too thankful if ya ask me....but thats just my opinion -__-

Listen, don't try to make me seem like this outrageous, unethical person, that was MY opinion and obviously that word choice was too much for you. Clearly we are extremely thankful for our full paid bid, lots of tears of success, hard work, and relieves stress from this coming weekend at USA Nationals, we were extremely surprised we were still even considered, giving how awesome teams like Orlando Allstars and ProCheer were.

When it comes to this CF could teach a few teams some things, even though like you stated they had td's but throughout the year they have done amazing. They defo deserved the bid and not that im physic but I did predict this in another thread lol.

Listen, don't try to make me seem like this outrageous, unethical person, that was MY opinion and obviously that word choice was too much for you. Clearly we are extremely thankful for our full paid bid, lots of tears of success, hard work, and relieves stress from this coming weekend at USA Nationals, we were extremely surprised we were still even considered, giving how awesome teams like Orlando Allstars and ProCheer were.
Trust me...I was listening...and I heard the coach of a team claim to be unbiased....which is laughable...say that the comp "sugar coated" the results by giving you a FULL PAID BID....hearing you loud and clear no matter how hard you hit reverse now...and please don't get all snippy with me...I congratulate you when you win but I can't let that statement go...it was rude and ungrateful...just saying
#justsaythankyou

Small Senior rankings kill me, I just wasnt expecting OA in 5th.
I agree...I had them fourth as they didnt drop a stunt and Generals did. But If you were there you know UCA doesnt always see things the way the rest of us do in other words difficulty and speed vs less difficulty and fewer mistakes! Royals and Angels both had a good weekend and they are intently working towards finals at Worlds!! <3 OA!!

I agree with you, and I don't think you are being ungrateful.

Anyone want to discuss the real topic, like the solution I offered to the Cheer Force scoring disappointment. Instead of patting people on the back, and consoling a loss.

worldchampME did you see the changes from Day 1 to Day 2 as I mentioned above?

I mean I'm not alone when I'd say I'd rather have a Paid Bid then an ugly Satin jacket. Just sayin..

Back