All-Star Uca International All Star Championships

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone gone and is it fun? Just wondering I saw it online
As a parent, this is my absolute least favorite competition. Disney isn't a good Worlds location and it's not a good national competition location. Disney gets in the way of the competition. And like Worlds, their competition area isn't big enough to hold the entire competition. When we went two years ago the level 1 and 2 teams competed at a completely different area ... and it was in a Disney theme park so every single parent, fan, and supporter of those teams had to buy a full Disney admission ticket to go watch their team. Of course that also meant that the level 1 and 2 teams didn't watch any of the higher level teams and the higher level teams weren't there to support their level 1 or 2 teams.
#Disney + All-Star = Bad Experience

Well be attending this one for the first time this year. Last year just our worlds team went but this year were taking fours and fives. Im excited to add another elite competition but I've heard the reviews like Babs review and am only hoping we come out unscathed.

I can say I'm probably the oddball cheer mom....I hate the entire idea of a "cheercation" which I don't see how anything at Disney doesn't turn into one.

We're there to do a job, not go on vacation. We are there for the first aviator team and stay through the last one (which means were there all day) were not the ones prancing around on the beach two hours before meeting time getting sunburned, heat exhausted and drained before we arrive to do the job were there to do. Or the ones posting our duck face pictures from the pool when your gym-mates are taking the floor one building over. If you want to stay after the jobs done, by all means, vacation away...but it drives me nuts when people do that during the competition. I have a feeling competing in Disney will be a big distraction.

Apparently, I'm just too competitive :D

I can see for all-star how it is tough, but I LOVE it for High School. However, all-star is a different animal and I agree that Disney isn't the best place for All-Star competitions b/c most teams travel so much, the last thing they need is a "cheercation".. a real vacation is warranted after all the travel in all-star.

HOWEVER, I also don't see a problem taking your team if you want to! It's up to you!

Well be attending this one for the first time this year. Last year just our worlds team went but this year were taking fours and fives. Im excited to add another elite competition but I've heard the reviews like Babs review and am only hoping we come out unscathed.

I can say I'm probably the oddball cheer mom....I hate the entire idea of a "cheercation" which I don't see how anything at Disney doesn't turn into one.

We're there to do a job, not go on vacation. We are there for the first aviator team and stay through the last one (which means were there all day) were not the ones prancing around on the beach two hours before meeting time getting sunburned, heat exhausted and drained before we arrive to do the job were there to do. Or the ones posting our duck face pictures from the pool when your gym-mates are taking the floor one building over. If you want to stay after the jobs done, by all means, vacation away...but it drives me nuts when people do that during the competition. I have a feeling competing in Disney will be a big distraction.

I've always felt the same way - I usually don't do the "cheercation" (although I will admit going down to Tennessee 2 days early the one year we went to a competition there BUT it was over the Christmas break so no school was missed) and especially not at Disney.
The problem with UCA is because the cheerleaders (and the parents if you also buy the UCA package) are paying for the parkhopper passes along with everything else (the rooms, the comp fees) you almost feel obligated to use them because it is so much money you are wasting otherwise. The only way to get around this is to register as a commuting team but in that case you will have to find your own lodging (off Disney which IMHO is not necessarily a bad thing) and transportation to and from the venues - and if you have teams competing at different parks then you will need admission passes for both if you are going to go to both.
My other big issue with UCA is I am not a big fan of the All-Star resorts. The dining option make me nuts, I feel the kids eat like crap the whole time, plus it's expensive and unless you have a car you are stuck with the food they offer.
All that aside though, it is a good competition - if you could just take Disney out of the equation!

You will enjoy it going there with 4s&5s. Levels 3,4&5 usually compete right on the ESPN property. Its ESPN not Disney for those Levels so there is no distraction.It is up to you if you go to any of the parks after your teams compete. You get out of there early enough to go to the parks if you want to. Your CPs park pass is included in the registration. I too stay to support the WC teams that attend the competition and never had a problem with distractions.

I've always felt the same way - I usually don't do the "cheercation" (although I will admit going down to Tennessee 2 days early the one year we went to a competition there BUT it was over the Christmas break so no school was missed) and especially not at Disney.
The problem with UCA is because the cheerleaders (and the parents if you also buy the UCA package) are paying for the parkhopper passes along with everything else (the rooms, the comp fees) you almost feel obligated to use them because it is so much money you are wasting otherwise. The only way to get around this is to register as a commuting team but in that case you will have to find your own lodging (off Disney which IMHO is not necessarily a bad thing) and transportation to and from the venues - and if you have teams competing at different parks then you will need admission passes for both if you are going to go to both.
My other big issue with UCA is I am not a big fan of the All-Star resorts. The dining option make me nuts, I feel the kids eat like crap the whole time, plus it's expensive and unless you have a car you are stuck with the food they offer.
All that aside though, it is a good competition - if you could just take Disney out of the equation!

We're going to myrtle beach on a Wednesday because I realized the competition is the ending weekend of spring break. So, since they're on break anyway well go down a little early. But that means they can relax and play on Thursday and Friday but when Saturday morning comes...

WERQ!

You will enjoy it going there with 4s&5s. Levels 3,4&5 usually compete right on the ESPN property. Its ESPN not Disney for those Levels so there is no distraction.It is up to you if you go to any of the parks after your teams compete. You get out of there early enough to go to the parks if you want to. Your CPs park pass is included in the registration. I too stay to support the WC teams that attend the competition and never had a problem with distractions.
Just a side note on this, in 2012, on Saturday Levels 1, 2, 4, & 5 were at ESPN and Level 3 was at Hollywood Studios. On Sunday, Levels 1, 3, 4, & 5 were at ESPN (not necessarily in the same building as day 1) with Level 2 at Hollywood Studios. We had 5 crossovers from Mini 2 on my CP's Mini 1 team. They had 20 minutes to get from the competition floor at one venue to warm-ups at the other. I was not a fan of this competition, and the fact that different levels were at different venues on different days was not fun.

Back