All-Star Uca

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 25, 2012
Now that NCA is over who needs to get paid next weekend at UCA? Who still needs a bid?

Cheerforce Diamondz
United Elite Storm (Lighting)
Cheerforce Venom
Central Mississippi
Pro Cheer
Ultimate Cheer and Dance
Cheer Florida
Top Gun Lady Jags
Icons
Tumble Tech
Midwest Xplosion
Laredo
Top Gun of SW
Mississippi Cheerleading

It looks like we'll end up in another situation where everyone leaves with a bid. I counted 15 US teams without bids.

I did some really quick "Paid Bid" math and it looks like 25 teams will be competing for the 5 paid bids.

I didn't check to see who already had "At Large" in the event they don't get paid.

I did some really quick "Paid Bid" math and it looks like 25 teams will be competing for the 5 paid bids.

I didn't check to see who already had "At Large" in the event they don't get paid.

Not all teams are competing for paid bids. Some just want a bid and will gladly take whatever they get. Some teams know going into any Worlds Bid competition that depending on the historical quality of other teams/programs that are attending that they are realistically shooting for an at large. I know that grates the nerves of purists who scream foul, easy bid getters and would immediately demote any team not capable of being top ten at Worlds to restricted 5 or level 4 until they can hang with the big dogs - even if they hit the necessary items on the scoresheet. When you are shooting for a bid, then a bid is a bid - paid, partial or at large.

Not all teams are competing for paid bids. Some just want a bid and will gladly take whatever they get. Some teams know going into any Worlds Bid competition that depending on the historical quality of other teams/programs that are attending that they are realistically shooting for an at large. I know that grates the nerves of purists who scream foul, easy bid getters and would immediately demote any team not capable of being top ten at Worlds to restricted 5 or level 4 until they can hang with the big dogs - even if they hit the necessary items on the scoresheet. When you are shooting for a bid, then a bid is a bid - paid, partial or at large.

Don't misunderstand. In no way am I demeaning the at-large bid. My program has one and we were darn skippy when we heard that news. Some programs, however, try to get a paid bid, even after they have an at-large bid, rather than fork over $25k to go to Worlds.

Are you suggesting that teams who have an at-large bid should just stop at that and not compete anywhere else where they might receive a paid bid?

Anyway...I finished my math:

25 teams either have no bid or no paid bid.
15 teams have no bid.

Don't misunderstand. In no way am I demeaning the at-large bid. My program has one and we were darn skippy when we heard that news. Some programs, however, try to get a paid bid, even after they have an at-large bid, rather than fork over $25k to go to Worlds.

Are you suggesting that teams who have an at-large bid should just stop at that and not compete anywhere else where they might receive a paid bid?

Anyway...I finished my math:

25 teams either have no bid or no paid bid.
15 teams have no bid.

Congratulations to you and your program! Hope that you have a blast!

Not hardly. I feel every team deserves an opportunity to upgrade, if they choose to take it. Or if they in their pre season planning decided to just get an at large bid would be a wonderful thing, they should be allowed to celebrate that. Having worked for three programs over the years that were ecstatic about just getting a bid, it always bothers me to hear the purists trash them because they were not deemed "good" enough to get a paid bid. They knew where they stood in the pecking order so to speak, but it was a goal they set for themselves and their program. One program wasn't even expecting it. Worlds was not in their view for a few more years. They ended up getting two at large bids in March at CanAm. So imaging to come online and see them trashed for gaming the system. They just went to compete.

It is just every year we go thru the who don't deserve bids fallacy. Any bid comp after NCA tends to fall in this category by the purists. It never changes. Those who strategically choose to go to early bid comps are declared to be gaming the system because the historically stronger aren't ready yet and won't be till January/February aka SOH/Jamfest Indy time. Those who strategically choose to go to late bid comps or maybe as a team have actually developed to be competitive later in the season are declared to be gaming the system as purposefully ducking the historically stronger programs. Each program is different so we can not say why they went where.

My issue has always been that this is the system we have been dealt. Many things I don't like about it, but it is what it is. If we don't like it we need to pressure the powers that be to change it. Not demean the programs.

Who do you think will receive the Paid Bids at UCA? What do you think the score cut off will be?

Back