All-Star Unbelievable "gymnastics Stunting" (video)!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009

I thought this video was absolutely amazing! Its from the 2006 Sports acrobatics world championship. The "stunting" they do is absolutely unreal so I thought I would share it! Enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHEIc22Vy-8

Here's one that is even better...check out the kick needle to bow at 3:08....
Acro has a lot in common with our sport...they are not recognized at the Olympics either.
Slightlyshattered updates his Youtube channel often, he is one half of the Elite Men's Pair...they train at WOGA here in Dallas.

yesss...and some flyers complain about double downs...wow Maybe a basing training camp with acro coaches?? sounds like fun =)

I love that you guys get to see this and are so positive. I am an acro coach who took over our gyms cheer program as well. We have had a lot of support as cheer is a new sport here but I have had a few people who think that its wrong that we have gotten involved in cheer and that it gives us an unfair advantage. Not all my cheerleaders have done acro but most of my seniors have and about half of them are still in our elite squad. They thought they would find cheer easy but they now have a lot of respect for cheerleaders as they have had to work their behinds off to get the stunts.

I won't be surprised when girls who are involved in acro start taking scholarship spots on Stunt Teams. They're obviously amazing flyers.

I know acro is a popular sport in countries like Russia and China. This may be a stupid question but is this type, like in the video, very popular within the US? I have seen some acro in the US on beginner and entry level, more of ribbon dancing and such, but never on this level. However, some can say that they are unaware of the competitiveness and skill in cheerleading even as it is a growing sport so I was unsure.

I know acro is a popular sport in countries like Russia and China. This may be a stupid question but is this type, like in the video, very popular within the US? I have seen some acro in the US on beginner and entry level, more of ribbon dancing and such, but never on this level. However, some can say that they are unaware of the competitiveness and skill in cheerleading even as it is a growing sport so I was unsure.

It's a growing sport just like us. It's not under "Rhythmic gymnastics", which is with the hoops and ribbons. I think Cirque has started an interest in it. I asked the creator of the videos if they were going to London and he responded that they are not an Olympic sport, they just get Worlds...like us :) The two guys are 7th in the World so we're moving up!

Back