All-Star Under Sports Bras?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wear two sports bras just because I like the extra support. I am not particularly large in my upper half, it just makes me feel more comfortable. But it just doesn't really make sense to me why people wear padded sports bras when they work out. I mean, you're at a gym. I honestly don't feel like (especially in cheerleading, where there is a wide range of different body types) people (predominantly girls) are going to judge you for being small chested. I understand that some may feel self conscious about themselves, I just thought I'd throw my opinion out there ;)
I wear a padded sports bra because when you bigger Chested and you catch a cradle, if you catch it right, it's is going to hit your chest at some point and it really helps to have some padding there.

I agree with you, most "sports bras" provided and designed for cheerleading are more for show. Real sports bras are supposed to squeez/flatten/tighten the breast so that when you run, jump, any giggling motions, that causes the breast to move up and down, the bra keeps the motion/movement of the breast to a minimum which reduces the pain. So young women, please wearisome real sports bras under your costumes to protect yourself. Please do not worry about the vanity, it is not worth it in the long run.
Did you just say... costumes?

I usually wear a real bra under my sports bra. I'm not into spending a lot of money for sports bras that are super nice (though with my intended career path maybe I should...) so I wear a racer back bra under sports bras for two reasons:

1. The sports bras my gym provides for practice wear are more for cute and not for coverage. Sure they're great if your 8 but they don't do much to protect against bouncing and, as a former team mate would say, "nippin":oops:
2. The ones I get from Target in order to fit my shoulders and ribs are just slightly too big to adequately compress my next to nothingness.

Anyways...this thread has made me think of a Jenna Marbles video I watched recently regarding sports bras. Beware there is an abundance of the F word

JENNA MARBLES :) haha

But anyway, it depends on how I'm feeling. I usually wear a normal under my sports bra, but if I'm feeling lazy that day, I just don't bother. I think its just a personal preference.

Did you just say... costumes?
Yes I did, no offence to anyone, JMO. But I have seen many of the "practice outfits" of which many are sports bras type tops and the are more costume in appearance rather than supportive and functional as a sports bra. one straps, buckles, brackets, etc.....I'm not even sure they are safe for practicing in. I can only imagine the damage a buckle or bracket can cause to someone catching a flyer that is falling......

I usually wear a simple cheap sports bra under the one that I actually need to wear just to feel more secure. Some girls at my gym do it, some don't. No one in my gym wears regular bras under sports bras though, they just wear two sports bra. Even some of the little kids do it just in case the bra gets crooked and what not.

Personally I feel more secure wearing a sports bra under another sports bra. I find wearing a normal bra underneath really uncomfortable. I definitely wouldn't be able to wear one on its own though. I think it's like wearing a sports bra underneath a cropped uniform. I've seen a fair share ride up at competitions and I won't allow that to happen to myself at practice with a sports bra with nothing on underneath!

Isn't the point of a sports bra to wear nothing with it?:confused:

I think we're all getting a little mixed up between crop tops which are the sparkly blinged spandex in fun colours (which I am guilty of calling sportsbras) and sportsbras. Crops provide light coverage of the chest area with a band of elastic around the rib cage, sportsbras are specially designed bras to provide support during athletic activity. Wearing both means you get support of the sportsbra and the cute factor of the crop. They don't make sportsbras for very small chested women (holla!) so I usually wear a teen 32A soft cup, underwire-free bra under a crop to fill it out and prevent my crop slipping up on awkward catches - which happen more often than you think when coed stunting :eek: Plus they may be small, but my girls still need support!

I am blessed in the chest.

However I feel otherly naked without a "real" bra.

If I was told for practice to wear a sports bra and no t-shirt, I would feel topless without something under it. I don't care how good or bad it is, for me it is about comfort and I am wearing a bra to practice, to bed, to the gym, when I get operated on (don't care doctor I am wearing one, you can cut it off me later if needed). I buy the cheesy commercial plastic pieces that pull straps together so you can't see them. Luckily, I never had a uniform that I couldnt, because sadly if I did, I would quit that team. It is that big of a deal for me. I will be wearing a normal bra. I can't stress enough to coaches that those crazy cut outs can make kids with let's say dd feel extremely uncomfortable!!!!

not if you're any larger than like a b cup. having cleavage at practice is not cute.
I'm a D,so I feel your pain. I guess I just didn't realize people wore bras to athletics practice for 'cute factor'. Oh well, learn something new every day!

Okay I went to get one today- and realized they are $25 dollars :eek:
And Target did me no good, or I was looking in the wrong place. Anybody know where I can get a cheaper one?

Forever 21 has really comfy ones, and we're pretty cheap when I got them!!!

Were, not we're. Auto correct :(

And I wear two sports bras usually. Just incase one gets caught weird or pulled or something. A little extra coverage is never a bad thing.

Back