Uniform Issues.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 13, 2011
a newbie here :)

So I've been following this board for awhile, as a new JV cheerleader in HS this year it's given me alot of tips on everything!

But i had to post for one issue because im not sure.

Picked up our new uniforms tonight, we were sized and everything months ago so i thought all was good....but not really

Tomorrow we have to wear our uniforms to school for the first time and im sitting here wearing it and i'm sorta confused on how it should look. Im not so sure it fits right. I'm wearing the skirt right at my belly button and it seems too short. Same thing with the top/shell, seems a little tight and short. We are wearing the top tomorrow without anything underneath its supposed to be really hot tomorrow. Shell hits the top of my skirt but barely just standing still, as soon as I move you can see my stomach and sides showing. So I can't really bring the skirt lower on my waist or my whole stomach would be showing. I can deal with the short top but im a bit uncomfortable wearing such a short skirt to class. I asked everyone on my squad if they had any issues and they all said that nothing was wrong, and none of them are helping. The skirt is like mid-thigh level, too short?

I'm figuring ill just go to school and get used to it through the day before asking my coach if it looks right before our game.

Anyway, hope sombody replies pls:banghead:

Just wear a cami or a tank top underneath it so you don't show you stomach when you move around. And skirts are typically pretty short... I'd say mid-thigh would almost be longer than any skirt I ever wore haha but just wear spandex underneath if you think it might be a little too short for you to be comfortable, then you can talk to your coach.

thanks for replying!...yeah i was thinking of a cami top just before i posted this but i tore my room apart looking for one matching our uniforms which are a real unique green color. I think wearing a white or black cami underneath is going to look worse than just going with the shell and bra underneath. What do you think?

Im actually getting used to the skirt now...compared to to some of my jean skirts that i normally wear its an inch longer! maybe im just freaking out too much haha

I know....i would hate a frumpy oversized uniform. I think im going to do this for school tomorrow- wear the skirt but pull it up a bit higher so the shell overlaps the waist more, and I'm going to wear the shell sleevless alone over a bra....because I think not much midriff will show...its really just if i reach up..oh well i worked hard on my abs this year lol:) I can def feel my back showing when im sitting here now wearing the uniform...might get a bit cold sitting in class....so i figure i'll pack my jeggings and a cami top and maybe my UCA hoody in my bag. My sister said the uniform looks fine on me for being lanky and tall...nice:confused:...now im a lanky girl!:)

Shell hits the top of my skirt but barely just standing still, as soon as I move you can see my stomach and sides showing.
This is how all of my high school unis look. they get reused every year w/diff girls so never can get a perfect size. i would hate a "too big" uni tho. the smaller the better.

My sister said the uniform looks fine on me for being lanky and tall...nice:confused:...now im a lanky girl!:)
hehehe Im "lanky" as well, 10th grade and 5'6= tallest on squad.

How did your first game go and wearing your uni to school, any issues?

Hi Kelly, Welcome!

Thanks for asking, sorry for the lateee reply been super busy w/school and cheer.

First game went great, we won and our squad really performed well. I was talking with a FB player after the game too and we are hanging out this sat night....hes sooo cute!

Wearing the uniform to school was fine...a bit awkward at first but I thought I looked pretty good. I was going to see if my coach could allow me to swap with another girl for a better size but I'd rather have my "small" uniform than one that fits too loose. I was debating on wearing a black cami tank beneath the top but I didn't like the way it matched with the uniform. I just wore my skirt up a lil bit higher so the shell came over the top of it more. I don't think my stomach was showing much at all but i could feel my back showing in class. I totally forgot my sweatshirt in my bag in my friends car so it was a little cold, oh well. Nobody cared...and my coach said I looked fine at the game. So....same thing on monday, another game! yay~

Back