University Of Louisville Cheer Tryout Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 13, 2012
I'll be a senior in high school this year and want to attend U of L to be a part of their cheerleading squad. I plan to try out for their all girl squad for the simple fact that I'm a tall girl who is more backspot material than flyer. I was wondering if anyone had specific ideas for tumbling requirements to make the squad. Even any other helpful tips for tryouts would be great! I have a solid running full and standing tuck. I'm also starting to work standing fulls. Whatever information you could get me about tryouts would be appreciated!

I'll be a senior in high school this year and want to attend U of L to be a part of their cheerleading squad. I plan to try out for their all girl squad for the simple fact that I'm a tall girl who is more backspot material than flyer. I was wondering if anyone had specific ideas for tumbling requirements to make the squad. Even any other helpful tips for tryouts would be great! I have a solid running full and standing tuck. I'm also starting to work standing fulls. Whatever information you could get me about tryouts would be appreciated!
a girl from my gym tried out & she told me the majority of the girls she saw had jumps to tuck, standing series to full, & a running full if not specialty pass to full. a standing full would be really good to have too!

I think you def have a chance! One girl on large coed told me that jumps to tuck we're required but she doesn't have to through a full at all! She said that everybody has their niche:) so I would work on your back spotting in college level stunts and I think you can make it! Goodluck:)

For the stunt portion of the tryout, how does that work? Like, would you have to be trying out with 3 other girls (I want to tryout for the all girl) or do you just find girls there to stunt with? It do they pair you off?

Back