All-Star Usa (anaheim, March 28-29th 2015)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

PCM Mysterious and Spirit Athletics got the paids. Who got the at larges?
Az force purple tide, pcm karma, texas cheer red, and I cannot team ever who the last team was but I am pretty sure it may have been a team from OC Allstars maybe they're all girl 6?

Last edited:
Az force ride, pcm karma, texas cheer red, and I cannot team ever who the last team was but I am pretty sure it may have been a team from OC Allstars maybe they're all girl 6?
Definitely wasn't their all girl six because I would be throwing an even larger tantrum right now.

:)

For anyone that was in the Arena today, the athlete from USA Vanity that was injured and taken to the hospital, I spoke with a coach from her gym and he said she is okay and that she was released from the hospital.
Poor bailey this was my gym before I quit due to an injury. Can you explain to me what happened?

Az force purple tide, pcm karma, texas cheer red, and I cannot team ever who the last team was but I am pretty sure it may have been a team from OC Allstars maybe they're all girl 6?

OC Black? Their senior team? I know their IOC6 already has a bid.

Someone told me on twitter that Reno Elite was the 4th AL bid.

1. Full Paid
    1. Pacific Coast Magic Mysterious - Small Co-Ed 5
    2. Spirit Athletics Legacy - Small Co-Ed 5
  2. At Large
    1. Arizona All-Stars Force Purple Tide - Small Senior 5
    2. Pacific Coast Magic Karma - International Open Co-Ed 5
    3. Reno Elite Teal - Small Co-Ed 5
    4. Texas Lonestar Cheer Company Red - Small Senior 5

All I can say is that varsity/usa needs to 100% re evaluate their level 6 scoresheet and difficulty ranges. I have the impression that with basket tosses, as long as it flips over you score full difficulty marks. It shouldn't be that way. Back tuck baskets are much easier than double full baskets, and they score exactly the same difficulty. That makes zero sense to me.

ETA: As angry as I am, the girls on OC neon are so nice and friendly. I really enjoy seeing them and I'm sad our seasons are over.

All I can say is that varsity/usa needs to 100% re evaluate their level 6 scoresheet and difficulty ranges. I have the impression that with basket tosses, as long as it flips over you score full difficulty marks. It shouldn't be that way. Back tuck baskets are much easier than double full baskets, and they score exactly the same difficulty. That makes zero sense to me.

ETA: As angry as I am, the girls on OC neon are so nice and friendly. I really enjoy seeing them and I'm sad our seasons are over.

When the varsity scoresheet first came out, I tweeted Justin Carrier and said something along the lines of "so a tuck is the same as a full basket?" I thought they had made some corrections to the score sheet after that. I don't think they're supposed to score the same. Though maybe that was the unified scoresheet, and not the varsity one.

It's too bad for them, they've gone to worlds the last 3 or 4 years I think. Looks like the smaller number of AL bids this year has definitely impacted level 6.

When the varsity scoresheet first came out, I tweeted Justin Carrier and said something along the lines of "so a tuck is the same as a full basket?" I thought they had made some corrections to the score sheet after that. They're definitely not supposed to score the same, I'm pretty sure.

It's too bad for them, they've gone to worlds the last 3 or 4 years I think. Looks like the smaller number of AL bids this year has definitely impacted level 6.
I feel that it's almost only affected level six.

It's frustrating because it ended up that all the stuff we thought set us apart from them (full squad full baskets, Arabian dismounts from two man stunts, rewinds in the pyramid) ended up being irrelevant for our score.

I feel that it's almost only affected level six.

It's frustrating because it ended up that all the stuff we thought set us apart from them (full squad full baskets, Arabian dismounts from two man stunts, rewinds in the pyramid) ended up being irrelevant for our score.

Yeah, so it definitely was the Unified Score Sheet that they went back and clarified. The Varsity score sheet still just says "a level appropriate toss" - which a back tuck is. Unified Scoring (which Varsity stopped using) specified "elite."

http://register.varsity.com/VAS/2014-15-Score Grids-FINAL.pdf

Level 6 is funny because there is such a wide range of what constitutes "level appropriate." And I don't think there are many varsity events that level 6 teams are at - and even fewer where the results matter as much as with bids on the line. So I've always felt that there are events where the judges don't have much experience judging level 6 and you end up with questionable scores. I haven't seen the two teams at your comp to comment though.

I will say that our first competition of the season was a Varsity event, and our scores were atrociously low. We ended up way towards the bottom of the worlds divisions and that didn't make sense from my experience the last 5 years. We like this event because it's close and pretty well run, but we've never gotten a bid there and don't really expect to (though our IO6 did last year) because they don't seem to score level 6 very well there - at least not in relation to the level 5 teams. A week later we ended up one tumbling touch out short of a full paid bid at a non-Varsity event. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
Yeah, so it definitely was the Unified Score Sheet that they went back and clarified. The Varsity score sheet still just says "a level appropriate toss" - which a back tuck is. Unified Scoring (which Varsity stopped using) clarified

http://register.varsity.com/VAS/2014-15-Score Grids-FINAL.pdf

Level 6 is funny because there is such a wide range of what constitutes "level appropriate." And I don't think there are many varsity events that level 6 teams are at - and even fewer where the results matter as much as with bids on the line. So I've always felt that there are events where the judges don't have much experience judging level 6 and you end up with questionable scores. I haven't seen the two teams at your comp to comment though.

I will say that our first competition of the season was a Varsity event, and our scores were atrociously low. We ended up way towards the bottom of the worlds divisions and that didn't make sense from my experience the last 5 years. We like this event because it's close and pretty well run, but we've never gotten a bid there and don't really expect to (though our IO6 did last year) because they don't seem to score level 6 very well there - at least not in relation to the level 5 teams. A week later we ended up one tumbling touch out short of a full paid bid at a non-Varsity event. It makes no sense.
Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

I got to see your team on Saturday and you guys did amazing! Did you get to perform with them? I saw someone that kinda looked like you on the mat. I was bummed I missed you guys on Sunday, the Arena was running more on time Sunday so I didn't get a chance to see you gals since you performed at the same time as cp's team (she performed in hall A).
I was a bit disappointed with USA :(
Some of the things that annoyed me:
Putting the schedule online so late, yes I know they said they gave it to the coaches but it would be nice to release it to the general public also.
No Summit or worlds bid declarations online that I saw
No standings released to the general public after day one
Hall A was NASTY dirty! [emoji35]
Same Champions jackets (I've seen this jackets 3 seasons now)
We have one more comp left for the season, as of now Jamz Las Vegas has been my favorite comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to see your team on Saturday and you guys did amazing! Did you get to perform with them? I saw someone that kinda looked like you on the mat. I was bummed I missed you guys on Sunday, the Arena was running more on time Sunday so I didn't get a chance to see you gals since you performed at the same time as cp's team (she performed in hall A).
I was a bit disappointed with USA :(
Some of the things that annoyed me:
Putting the schedule online so late, yes I know they said they gave it to the coaches but it would be nice to release it to the general public also.
No Summit or worlds bid declarations online that I saw
No standings released to the general public after day one
Hall A was NASTY dirty! [emoji35]
Same Champions jackets (I've seen this jackets 3 seasons now)
We have one more comp left for the season, as of now Jamz Las Vegas has been my favorite comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. I was still an alternate. Bummer that you didn't see us on Sunday because you definitely would have seen me losing my mind on the side of the floor!

we are all just so emotional and sad. I feel like the team just finally started to feel like a family and now it's over.

Back