All-Star Usa (anaheim, March 28-29th 2015)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nope. I was still an alternate. Bummer that you didn't see us on Sunday because you definitely would have seen me losing my mind on the side of the floor!

we are all just so emotional and sad. I feel like the team just finally started to feel like a family and now it's over.
I'm sorry girl, hugs! Did any level 6 teams get bids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to see your team on Saturday and you guys did amazing! Did you get to perform with them? I saw someone that kinda looked like you on the mat. I was bummed I missed you guys on Sunday, the Arena was running more on time Sunday so I didn't get a chance to see you gals since you performed at the same time as cp's team (she performed in hall A).
I was a bit disappointed with USA :(
Some of the things that annoyed me:
Putting the schedule online so late, yes I know they said they gave it to the coaches but it would be nice to release it to the general public also.
No Summit or worlds bid declarations online that I saw
No standings released to the general public after day one
Hall A was NASTY dirty! [emoji35]
Same Champions jackets (I've seen this jackets 3 seasons now)
We have one more comp left for the season, as of now Jamz Las Vegas has been my favorite comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The arena was awful by mid-afternoon Sunday. My husband and I went to sit in the folding chair sections on the floor and ended up making a few trips to the garbage cans throwing away trash and food first. How hard is it to take your food and trash with you when you move?

I agree, the schedule being posted so late was disappointing. It was also difficult having a lower junior division performing between 9 and 10pm.

But I did appreciate them running mostly on time the second day. I was really worried they would run behind and had kids still waiting to compete at midnight.

^everyone is entitled to an opinion but I feel for the most part the judging has been consistent with most to all other varsity brand competitions throughout the season. USA has been giving bids to summit since their first year of summit. Many teams receiving their bids there have gone on to win or make it to finals!

My take away and we have been going to the comp for 10 years:
1. The lack of transparency in scoring and/or bid declaration is not acceptable. No one knows where they stand and what process was be applied when bids are named. Why all the secrecy?
2. The inflation of scores is concerning for the future of this sport as well as the applicable standard to be applied across all worlds divisions. If it is comparative or even in general than a standing full in one division should score the same in any other worlds division - as an example. (This comment does not apply to any one program/gym.) This becomes very important if score is used to distribute a small amount of paid bids across several divisions - but we will never know because USA did not disclose.
3. The late Sunday night I could do without - I am local and should have been able to get home at a decent hour so my kid is not exhausted in school - not everyone is on spring break this week. The last awards session started an hour late so that put it at 11pm and some of the divisions in that session performed 12 hours earlier.

Last edited:
^everyone is entitled to an opinion but I feel for the most part the judging has been consistent with most to all other varsity brand competitions throughout the season. USA has been giving bids to summit since their first year of summit. Many teams receiving their bids there have gone on to win or make it to finals!
I'm not commenting on who got the summit bids, but judging in some divisions in general. (Nothing against cheerforce.) I saw three flyers fall to their face without any deductions to that team. We were told we scored low because we didn't do certain stunts and dismounts that were illegal for our division. Reading some of the score sheets you can tell the judges literally didn't even look at some teams.

IM so confused on how USA came up with raw scores for Worlds teams.

Difficulty doesn't matter tucks, layouts, fulls are all the same, same with stunts they are all equal

Takes me back to the days when our comment said "too much smiling"
Or "back of uniform is a distraction," cuz yeah that one star on the back threw everyone off.
The confusion and disappointment is so real. I have never been this aggravated after a competition.

ETA: I just don't understand how a back tuck basket is awarded the same difficulty as a double full basket. It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Poor bailey this was my gym before I quit due to an injury. Can you explain to me what happened?
I was told by a former USA coach who was there that she had a fall during the week and had to get staples in her head. When she fell on Saturday, she hit the same spot and it opened it back up. She had to get it checked out and restapled at the hospital.

So 9 of the 15 Summit bids went to the same gym....
Some gyms would not accept At Large Bids to Summit at this event, even if they did not have one. They would only accept Paid Bids. My daughter's team won their Sr 2 division over 12 other teams, and had already turned down an at large at a previous comp. They signed up to only accept a paid bid at USA. The 2nd place team from their division got an At Large Bid. It is one of the nine you mentioned. That gym is clearly talented and them being willing to accept At Large this close to Summit and other gyms already having bids or not accepting them probably played a role in that high number. So while our gym won in 8 divisions, we only took home one Summit bid; a paid bid.

Back