High School Usa Cheer/varsity Music Announcement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 9, 2012
Anyone losing their sh*t over the new guidelines besides me?
I read through the memo and basically we are all being forced to use a " preferred" provider producer??
Right now there are 10 on the list and of course my person is not listed. These companies charge almost triple what most HS teams usually pay for their music. Fml!
Thoughts??

The Official Site - Varsity.com - Page Item

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read through the memo and basically we are all being forced to use a " preferred" provider producer??
Right now there are 10 on the list and of course my person is not listed. These companies charge almost triple what most HS teams usually pay for their music. Fml!
Thoughts??

They are just "preferred" because they know the lowdown on licensing. You can use someone else, they just need to make sure they have all proper licenses for songs/liabilities. which isn't an easy task.

They are just "preferred" because they know the lowdown on licensing. You can use someone else, they just need to make sure they have all proper licenses for songs/liabilities. which isn't an easy task.

[emoji30] this makes me cringe ! It's always a money thing!!

Thoughts??

I haven't clicked the link but I'll bet you that varsity owns at least one.

I'm not so sure about that. I know this is the HS forum, but some gym directors are under the impression that you MUST use a preferred provider in order to attend Varsity events. Providing proof of licensing may not be an option. I think they're still asking for clarification.

The document contradicts itself. In the top paragraph it says "preferred provider only." In the bottom paragraph it says "preferred provider or otherwise have written permission from all copyright owners (which would be next to impossible)."

I was on unleashthebeats.com the other day. There are some good options and some bad ones. Overall, I think by the time it's been cut up and spliced together with backbeats and all that jazz, it'll be fine.

Thoughts??

You have to use the preferred provider to purchase licensed cover songs. You can use anyone to edit the songs together.

The document contradicts itself. In the top paragraph it says "preferred provider only." In the bottom paragraph it says "preferred provider or otherwise have written permission from all copyright owners (which would be next to impossible)."

I was on unleashthebeats.com the other day. There are some good options and some bad ones. Overall, I think by the time it's been cut up and spliced together with backbeats and all that jazz, it'll be fine.

Just hate the idea of cover songs... Just my own thoughts though. And more work for us and more money

You can use anyone, but the preferred providers (and preferred was probably a poor word choice) are ones you know will meet the standards so you will not be illegal and potentially subject to being sued.

Not exactly. I think signing a contract they are aware of the requirements, who owns the music right once broadcasted ls, and possibly getting insurance in case something happens.

Back