All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That is why I said I don't know what they will do about those teams since they already have their bids for next year and this rule is just now released. I am curious what they will do about that situation.
I don't think it would make much difference as the small number oflevel 5 teams over here compared to the USA would get ever smaller as unless you're 17+ you would not be competing at worlds!

Where's the data to say exactly what skills cause the most injuries? How did they arbitrarily decide to pull certain skills over others? This shows how ridiculous the rules voted upon really are. I can promise you that my cos has been doing this for 9 years and never had a single injury and has been throwing standing fulls and doubles for four years and is 14. She blows every single rule basis out of the water.

---
I am here: Google Maps

USASF is so pathetic. Let me tell you something about USASF. We were best friends all of my all star cheer experience. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then I started competing standing fulls and bounding passes through to doubles that were totally gorgeous but then USASF was like, weirdly jealous of them. Like, if I would blow USASF off to compete the skills I had, USASF would be like be like, "Why didn't you compete a backhandspring before you double?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "USASF, I can't invite you, because I think you're holding me back." I mean I couldn't have a USASF staff member at at my party. There were gonna be cheerleaders competing their actual passes. I mean, right? So then my mom called USASF and started yelling, it was so retarded. And then USASF dropped out of school because no one would listen to the dumb rules they posted and USASF came back on March 28th to post new rules, and all of USASF's hair was cut off and USASF was totally weird, and now I guess USASF's on crack.

My mom is Just-a-Mom and she was reading me this thread and this came up. I haven't logged in, in about a year but after she read me this I had to log in JUST to shimmy....made my day.

A lot of girls from WCSS support these changes because their coach is on the USASF board. I respect their dedication and trust to their coach, but if i was them and had worked so hard to gain their skills i would be so upset.
really? Im shocked honestly their coach would agree with these changes stars have a history of being some of the best female tumblers in the industry and their coaches obviously train and condition them well

I don't think it would make much difference as the small number oflevel 5 teams over here compared to the USA would get ever smaller as unless you're 17+ you would not be competing at worlds!

I thought international meant many countries around the world! Isn't that who the division should be catered to?

USASF is so pathetic. Let me tell you something about USASF. We were best friends all of my all star cheer experience. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then I started competing standing fulls and bounding passes through to doubles that were totally gorgeous but then USASF was like, weirdly jealous of them. Like, if I would blow USASF off to compete the skills I had, USASF would be like be like, "Why didn't you compete a backhandspring before you double?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "USASF, I can't invite you, because I think you're holding me back." I mean I couldn't have a USASF staff member at at my party. There were gonna be cheerleaders competing their actual passes. I mean, right? So then my mom called USASF and started yelling, it was so retarded. And then USASF dropped out of school because no one would listen to the dumb rules they posted and USASF came back on March 28th to post new rules, and all of USASF's hair was cut off and USASF was totally weird, and now I guess USASF's on crack.
This just made my day Mal!

NCA did it at college nationals a few years ago with guys in the dance (they don't get scored for dancing). I don't agree with it but I don't see anything happening because of it. I remember watching the feed for the meeting last year or the year before and several of the coaches agreed that the flamboyant attitudes that some show off on the mat needed to go. One of them mentioned something about leaving their sexuality off the mat or something along those lines.
That's like telling girls not to be girly on the mat. Should we only have really boring choreography and all wear tshirts from ac moore and long pants because it is showing off our sexuality and personality? if a guy is a cheerleader and is gay and happens to be girly, i believe it is completely wrong to say they can't act like themselves. we don't ask the not very girl, awkward girl on our team to shimmy after a pass cause that's not her. telling a "flamboyant" make to not shimmy, if that's what he likes, is the same. you're ridding the sport of personality at that point. might as well all have to dye our hair the same color and do all the same dance moves on the team because we shouldn't have anything showing off who we are as people

One post just wasn't enough!!....

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. The new "image" rules are completely subjective. More than our uniforms, hair, makeup, or dance, the biggest reason why people say cheerleading isn't a sport is because THE SCORING IS ALREADY TOO SUBJECTIVE. This is just another category that is completely based on judges' opinion. There's no way to create a set of deductions for degrees of inappropriateness.

I really feel like of all the issues targeted, these were some of the most pointless. Standing fulls and oversized bows are the least of this industries' problems. How about the fact that we can't get a unified scoresheet? Or maybe some judges that are certified to judges this sport? Or some real standards in athlete registration to prevent stacking the deck? Very few of these rules are legitimately helpful or reasonable. I feel like the USASF should be focusing on the sport aspects of the sport, not our sparkles. I remember saying a couple months ago if the USASF couldn't get it together, they would eventually fall apart. I see foundations starting to crack. A governing body is only a governing body if the governed stand behind it

really? Im shocked honestly their coach would agree with these changes stars have a history of being some of the best female tumblers in the industry and their coaches obviously train and condition them well
Everybody has different ways of looking at this. WCSS coaches way are completely different from Courtneys way of looking at this. I think both ways show a love for cheerleading and for the safety of the athletes.

I just don't understand where all of these new rules came from all of a sudden like this.
Based on everything i have been reading on twitter, facebook, etc. NOBODY knew these rules were coming out. And i read a LOT of the big dogs in the all star world are furious. how can this even happen?

Back