All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

moz-screenshot-25.png
moz-screenshot-26.png
I promise campaign:
3) Establish action based on adhering to ethical standards and striving for positive relationships through all areas of participation.

I promise campaign:
3) Establish action based on adhering to ethical standards and striving for positive relationships through all areas of participation.

Happy and the ACE teams stand behind the USASF along with Charlotte All Stars, Stingray All Stars, Midwest Cheer Elite

aceallstars@aceallstars
New USASF rules are on http://USASF.net!!! Great compromise and allowing coaches/ athletes to have a voice

Midwest Cheer Elite@mcepanthers
This was a great compromise with the new rules!
Retweeted by aceallstars

Orange Rays@Orange_Rays
The new rules are up! Hopefully everyone will support the new rules and work hard on some exciting skills for next year.

Charlotte Allstars@GoCharlotteAS
We are even more supportive of the compromises made by USASF!

I notice all but one organization mentioned the word "compromise". Was there a memo send out to these teams encouraging the use of this word?

I just feel like the "under review for 13-14 season" or whatever it said, is a nicer way of saying "these will be removed for the 13-14 season". Like I said before, its just going to be a downward trend. Stunting will soon follow.

The actually rules haven't be published yet. They probably haven't actually been written yet. I'm sure they will address some of the things mentioned in this thread.

You are 100% correct, Brady can still throw all the passes he wants and they did not cap his throwing skills. The Defensive Backs and Safeties could argue that the rule changes "capped" there ability to do there job allowing Brady to get more 50 yard passes. A kick off returner will definitely argue that the rules have "caped" their ability to return the ball for a touch down. Both could argue that by being "capped" it effects their pay as they could loose incentives that are built into their contract.

Again, I've already mentioned this in another thread about something similar, but this is their job. They get PAID to do it; on the contrary, WE pay to participate in this sport. Also, I don't believe for one minute that this was done to prevent injuries. As I've already said, if these skills are SO IMMINENTLY DANGEROUS they warrant going behind a lot of peoples backs to change the rules RIGHT AWAY, then why back down at all? To me that speaks volumes. Either they have the data to support these risks/injuries, in which case NO compromise should have been given or they don't bc the data doesn't exist, which is what many of us suspect. Additionally, if the skills are that dangerous, why allow YOUR OWN athletes to work on those skills, throw them the entire year, and allow them to be thrown at worlds? That just screams they have the best interests of the athletes at heart. :rolleyes:

Also, they can scream, yell, preach, until they are blue in the face...but it is obvious there are some personal agendas here. Once again, for an organization who is SO CONCERNED for athletes' safety, they sure let Bangkok know that last year w/their highest scoring routine full of illegal and dangerous elements (more dangerous than tumbling, as one of the Asian teams just suffered a fatality within the past few months as a result of their stunting) that they just attempted to sweep under the rug.

Per one of my previous posts verbatim:

The fact of the matter is that cheerleading can be a dangerous sport period....in every aspect. Repetitive jumps over years and years take their toll on knees and ankles, basing takes it toll on wear and tear of the shoulders, flying in any stunt is potentially dangerous (probably more so than any other aspect regarding the serious issues like paralysis and possible death), getting your teeth knocked out basing a stunt, a broken extremity from basing, overstretching to become super flexible for flying positions, etc...the list could go on, but I think I've made my point. Of course there should be some decent guidelines for safety, but safety in this sport will never be a guarantee, ever...no matter how much you attempt to limit things...unless we're reduced to cartwheels, teddy bears, and thigh stands :confused:

It was my impression from reading it that 50% +1 got the team into the highest range box and the more you did moved you up in that range. So if max range was a 9-10, doing 50% +1 would give you a 9 but if you had 90% do the skill you would be closer to the 9.8 mark.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

On every major scoresheet half + 1 ( ie a majority) already gets you into the highest range. So unless there's a change no need to announce anything.

Back