All-Star USASF promoting private business

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

quitthedrama

I buy my Insta followers
Cheer Parent
Feb 4, 2010
Does anyone else see a problem with a governing body having preferred/official private vendor providers and advertising for them? Is there any other governing body that operates this way?
Screenshot (28).png

Yea and wouldn’t be surprised if that company is somehow connected to Varsity.

I'm sure they would prefer to have Coke, Capital One, AT&T, etc. like the NCAA and most other governing bodies. Everyone would probably prefer them to stay away from private related businesses, but being they lack huge, outside spectatorship, that's about all they have.

They currently have partner/affiliate memberships with many small private cheer related businesses <click here>. You can click on the individual categories and see many apparel businesses (including GK and Rebel), bow makers, choreographers, photographers, media, etc. Under the circumstances, "no" it doesn't bother me, it's open to all, including competitors of Varsity.

I'm sure they would prefer to have Coke, Capital One, AT&T, etc. like the NCAA and most other governing bodies. Everyone would probably prefer them to stay away from private related businesses, but being they lack huge, outside spectatorship, that's about all they have.

They currently have partner/affiliate memberships with many small private cheer related businesses <click here>. You can click on the individual categories and see many apparel businesses (including GK and Rebel), bow makers, choreographers, photographers, media, etc. Under the circumstances, "no" it doesn't bother me, it's open to all, including competitors of Varsity.
there is a big difference between companies paying to sponsor a tournament and the governing body stating they are preferred providers.

there is a big difference between companies paying to sponsor a tournament and the governing body stating they are preferred providers.
Where does it state they're a "preferred provider?" "Preferred provider" is actually a healthcare term. "Official provider," which is used above, means nothing more than that's who the USASF uses for their music. Again, do I think people would prefer they not advertise their official businesses? "Sure." Do I, also, realize a simple tweet can save them money that is otherwise passed onto parents? "Sure."

Literally, every governing body has "official providers," but I'm not going to take the leap if they tweet out "they're the greatest" I'll somehow be penalized if I don't use their "official providers." Is that your concern?

From the MLB <click here for entire announcement>:

“On behalf of the Commissioner’s Office, we are thrilled to welcome loanDepot to the MLB family,” said MLB Chief Revenue Officer Noah Garden. “loanDepot has brought innovation to its industry providing a valuable service for families purchasing or refinancing their homes, where they will create a lifetime of memories. We look forward to loanDepot bringing their creativity to the Major League Baseball family reaching our fans with their story, products and services and special promotions. loanDepot’s customer-centric focus embodies the type of company and brand we strive to work with, creating a perfect match between America’s lender and America’s favorite pastime.”

Back