High School V!roc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 2, 2014
Has anyone used it and if so was your experience during the choreography days goo? How did you place at nationals? Did u do UCA or nca? Thanks!

We used it my freshman and sophomore years of high school. Both for our varsity and jv. Both were really good experiences. I like the routines that were created. We did UCA nationals for both teams my freshman year and just varsity my sophomore. JV took 10th in finals with out routine my freshman year.

We used it my freshman and sophomore years of high school. Both for our varsity and jv. Both were really good experiences. I like the routines that were created. We did UCA nationals for both teams my freshman year and just varsity my sophomore. JV took 10th in finals with out routine my freshman year.
I love both the JV & varsity routines done by V!Rock !

My team had both our JV and Varsity routines done this year by V!Roc and they are 500 times better than what we put on the mat last year! We might be going to UCA Nationals this year for the first time so Im excited to see how it goes. Our Choreographer was really good about allowing us room in the routine to improve stunts and such as the year progresses and was super professional and great to work with! Would defiantly recommend :p

For those that have used V!Roc, did you hire choreographers prior to using them, or is this the first choreographer experience.

I have never used V!Roc. I've looked into it many times, but the pricing is so high I've never done it. I just haven't been convinced it was worth it.

For those that have used V!Roc, did you hire choreographers prior to using them, or is this the first choreographer experience.

I have never used V!Roc. I've looked into it many times, but the pricing is so high I've never done it. I just haven't been convinced it was worth it.
How expensive is it?

I just googled them and this is what came up:

School teams with less than 20 participants
Master Choreographer - $3,500
V!Roc Director - $4,000
School teams with 21 participants and up
Master Choreographer - $4,000
V!Roc Director - $4,500
That's ridiculous! Maybe it's the cheapo in me, but I would rather meticulously study the scoresheet and winning routines (performed by teams with similar strengths and weaknesses to my team) and choreograph a routine using that.

That's ridiculous! Maybe it's the cheapo in me, but I would rather study the scoresheet and winning routines (performed by teams with similar strengths and weaknesses to my team) and meticulously and choreograph a routine using that.
I've been lucky. My other coaches and I are able to choreograph our own stuff. We've been in it long enough and are blessed to have that "vision/gene." No one knows our squad better than us, so I don't think anyone can choreograph for them better than we can. Before I did my own choreo, our gym did it. I know not everyone has a coach that can choreograph or a UCA style gym that's close though. If I were in a situation where I couldn't do choreo or have access to someone that would, I could maybe see spending that much money to bring someone in. Even then though, at that pricing, I don't know that a V!Roc person is any better than a gym coach that knows UCA style.

I've been lucky. My other coaches and I are able to choreograph our own stuff. We've been in it long enough and are blessed to have that "vision/gene." No one knows our squad better than us, so I don't think anyone can choreograph for them better than we can. Before I did my own choreo, our gym did it. I know not everyone has a coach that can choreograph or a UCA style gym that's close though. If I were in a situation where I couldn't do choreo or have access to someone that would, I could maybe see spending that much money to bring someone in. Even then though, at that pricing, I don't know that a V!Roc person is any better than a gym coach that knows UCA style.
NLMS uses V!Roc. I can't imagine how expensive cheer is over there.

I don't know what our HS used in the past but we used V!Roc my freshman and sophomore year. Junior year we tried to do our own choreography, we missed the little extras between transitions and during things that really make a routine pop. Senior year we had a coach from a local allstar gym do our routine and I liked that routine equally as the V!Roc routines.

It was a bit pricey, but I think (don't hold me to this) we also got custom music included in the package so I think its worth ir, especially since both teams are going to try and qualify for UCA Nationals. We have used another choreographer, he just happened to be my coach :p. My coach's wife is a dance instructor so she did our dances and my cheer coach himself actually travels around the country and choreographs and does camps so he did the rest of the routines with input from our assistant coaches. I really preferred the V!Roc program in the end.

Back