OT Vacation Locations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@youbetterwork (not letting me quote you for some reason!)

Yes! Definitely do all of the typical touristy things because there is so much history in the city! The whole Acropolis tour is worth it! I think it's an official tour but you start at the temple of Zeus and climb Acropolis to the Parthenon Temple. Theres also the temple of Nike and a beautiful museum. Also visit Keirikomos (? I definitely butchered the spelling and am drawing a blank on its name) but it's a gigantic, beautiful cemetery with statues and sculptures throughout. it also has its own museum. if you're into history it's quite possibly my favorite historical site (other than Ephesus.) East of the Acropolis there's this entire historical village with a bazaar that really is like traveling back in time. the whole area surrounding Acropolis is like a no car zone, so you can walk everywhere.

I think i was most surprised by how much "non-historical" things they had going on. Definitely hit up Ermou Street, which is just a fun strip of shopping and tons of cute cafes with any type of food you can think of and lots of fun bars. Melilitos restaurant was the best authentic Greek food I ever ate. Psiri is also a must-eat-at restaurant. in the same area there is also an awesome wine bar that i highly recommend if you enjoy wine!

I really don't think you can go wrong with any part of Greece. such a beautiful country.
Thank you thank you thank you! This is great!

If you're ever in Turkey, you should really go see Ephesus. Might be my number one in the world so far

you can always travel through Europe on a robot vacuum cleaner, just like miss Kitty-cat is doing

(can't help it, but I loooove that commercial)

another suggestion is do couchsurfing, its fun and free:) I can't efford going on holiday right now, so just like last summer i'm having several international guests staying at my place throughout the summer, kinda feels like being on a vacation too. i show them around the country and discover places i didnt know yet.:)

Going to San Francisco and Napa later this year. Any recommendations or things to stay away from?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Sonoma county is better than Napa county. Just sayin ;). So if you happen to head over to Sonoma County for a day (it's west of Napa) I can definitely help you there. Though unlike SF, it will get warm. Days can range from 80s to up to 110, so light clothing, maybe a light sweater if you'll be out past dark because it can get a little chilly.
Also, like @Audrey said, wear layers in SF! It gets foggy and windy and you will get cold. Also, don't wear any flowing skirts/dresses because unless you plan to wear nike pros under it, the wind will catch it and your underwear will be displayed. I have seen it happen many times.
Definitely go to a Giants game! Where are you sitting? There are some really killer views, so it doesn't hurt to go early and walk around the park a bit. If it's a night game, bring gloves and blankets and scarves. No joke, it gets cold. But if it's an afternoon game, bring sunscreen and a hat and sunglasses, thought I still have a jacket in my bag, just in case! Will you have your own car, will you walk to the game, or take public transport? If you want, you can pm me and I can tell you the best way to get to and from the park, what to do, what to eat, etc. I got to A LOT of Giants games so I know my way around pretty well.

Napa Valley Bike Tours is totally on my bucket list. As is the Rockland Lobster Festival the first week of August in Maine. I've already introduced my dh to Mackinac Island in Michigan (went for our 10 year anniversary for a long weekend). And oddly, I've lived in NC for over 25 years and haven't been to Charleston, SC yet. A B&B for a long weekend there is on my list too!

Napa Valley Bike Tours is totally on my bucket list. As is the Rockland Lobster Festival the first week of August in Maine. I've already introduced my dh to Mackinac Island in Michigan (went for our 10 year anniversary for a long weekend). And oddly, I've lived in NC for over 25 years and haven't been to Charleston, SC yet. A B&B for a long weekend there is on my list too!

Charleston is one of my favorites! You have to go there!!

Oh too bad! What did they think of it?

So their only regret was not being there longer, they were only there 1 full day going from London to Amsterdam, they said it was the best day of their trip and want to go back, everyone on the trip said it was amazing! I finally got to see pics and it's gorgeous! They stayed in a beautiful loft. Hopefully they will be able to return

I'm looking at beaches in Michigan, where I live, so I can go on a little mini vacation and I never realized how many great beaches we have!

Kinda makes me wish I lived in the Upper Peninsula but that might as well be a different state lol
I've been going on so many one day vacations to all the beaches we have lately! They're sooo pretty. I still haven't been to the UP yet, hopefully this summer.

Anyways, I went to Sweden and I loooooved it! Absolutely beautiful. And I went to Guatemala on a mission trip, but that's not a vacation, though very stunning.

We're going to Gatlinburg, TN in a few weeks and I'm super pumped.

I've been going on so many one day vacations to all the beaches we have lately! They're sooo pretty. I still haven't been to the UP yet, hopefully this summer.
Lake Superior in the UP is GORGEOUS, the beaches near Pictured Rocks are great, and they're like lined with super pretty stones from the lake that you can get polished and stuff. Definitely worth going to! Tequamenon (sp) Falls are something great to see too!

Lake Superior in the UP is GORGEOUS, the beaches near Pictured Rocks are great, and they're like lined with super pretty stones from the lake that you can get polished and stuff. Definitely worth going to! Tequamenon (sp) Falls are something great to see too!
We were supposed to go to Tequamenon? falls last summer and it didn't end up happening...still upset about that lol.

Anyways, I went to Sweden and I loooooved it! Absolutely beautiful. And I went to Guatemala on a mission trip, but that's not a vacation, though very stunning.

Thank you for liking Sweden. i am very proud of my country.

How come you went to Sweden? Not the typical vacation spot, lol!

So their only regret was not being there longer, they were only there 1 full day going from London to Amsterdam, they said it was the best day of their trip and want to go back, everyone on the trip said it was amazing! I finally got to see pics and it's gorgeous! They stayed in a beautiful loft. Hopefully they will be able to return
Wow I'm glad they liked it :D I usually think of my country as nothing special. Only when you look at what tourists look at you see we do have some pretty things here.
I hope you can all come back one day and maybe I could meet you guys then :)

Back