High School Varsity Cheer Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

At Most Schools you do it as a volunteer because of the fact majority high school only allow workers to be the main coach

they pay at my school 4,000 a year! they give you 2 checks of 2,000! each semester (atleast thats how they do it at my school)

Unless you're being paid by a coach to choreograph and assist coaching, I don't think you get paid at all

In our school district you have to be a teacher. They get paid a stipend in addition to their regular pay but it isn't a ton. If I had to guess less than $1500 a year.

Depends on the school budget and state my old school it was only $1000 a season but my new school its $4000 every season. So $8000 for me (fall & winter seasons). My JV coach makes half of what I get.

OH and because its a public school every year you are there you get a $1000 per season increase so since I'm going on year 3 my pay will go to $5000 per season.

For me, it is 4000 for football and 6000 for basketball. It goes up every year though. However, this is for a public school. I started out at a private school, and I made 800 for the entire year! It really depends on where you are coaching and how much experience you have.

It varies, for me now I do both JV and Varsity and get 3600 as does my other coach/advisor. When I was starting just doing varsity I made 1200 a yr. When I was at public schools I got anywhere from 2000 a year to 80 a month.

I was the head coach last football season, and got paid $4200, but this season I am the assistant and wont get paid anything

For me, it is 4000 for football and 6000 for basketball. It goes up every year though. However, this is for a public school. I started out at a private school, and I made 800 for the entire year! It really depends on where you are coaching and how much experience you have.
Jeez, send me to your school. That's almost how much our head football coach makes!

We don't have to be teachers. The varsity coach makes about 1100 for the year.

Back