All-Star Varsity Frustration

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had heard from someone I know at Varsity, but scores all of a sudden have shown up now. Not sure whether this will be an ongoing issue or not, will check mid week.
Glad to hear they're back. It looks like they did a format change on their website, so hopefully that was the issue.

Of the three grand national this weekend- 2 have finally gotten scores up. Hoping the third comes soon!!

Only seeing Day 1 scores so far (at most) even though Day 2 is already over in some places. Painfully slow to load results compared to previous years. Hopefully it’s just early season issues.

Once again this weekend, it's impossible to follow any competitions because there are 0 results posted on VarsityTV. They have links up for results to every competition, and yet no results. There is a useless tab called "The League" instead. I guess they don't want people to follow the sport and pay to watch VarsityTV. What other sport is so secretive? They've always been good about posting results minutes after they're available, but now it's like they don't care. The less popular the sport, the less people will put their kid in it.

Speaking of the League- where can we see the Rankings? Also, I really liked the leaderboard last year- I thought it was the 1st step to transparency- wish they would bring it back..

Varsity sucks. We have a comp in AC this weekend and still only have a block schedule. We pay a small fortune to these people. The least they could do is give us a schedule.

Varsity sucks. We have a comp in AC this weekend and still only have a block schedule. We pay a small fortune to these people. The least they could do is give us a schedule.

Yeah it’s worse than ever. How do people plan without schedules? God forbid you wanted to watch teams from a gym not your own. You would think that would be encouraged given the sky-high Spectator prices.

Never seen schedules posted this late, or not at all. The new format of Varsity’s Results pages also seems to be a total mess, with divisions completely out of order. It also takes forever for them to post results compared to previous years where the results were available more in “real time”. Did Varsity fire a bunch of people? It’s really strange the lack of information for all competitions this year.

I need to vent again about Varsity’s new Results pages. They are ALMOST close to being good, but not. (They are also painfully slow in posting results now, but that’s a different story.)

The new format is actually good, a step forward. However, it only lists the top 3 in each division. If you want to see the rest of the division, you have to click “View All” on every single separate division. There are hundreds of divisions- who has time to open every division separately!?

Plus you sometimes have no idea which divisions have only 3 teams in them and which have more than 3, so the amount of times I’ve clicked that stupid “View All” button to look at the rest of the division, only to see there were only 3 teams in it and there was no need for me to click “View All” has driven me insane.

The Divisions are also extremely out of order- it will go from Tiny 1 to Senior 4 to Junior 2. How hard is it to put them in order?

Usually I can skim through the results pretty fast, but now it’s not user-friendly at all.

Last edited:
More issues with the Varsity Results pages. If anyone knows anyone at Varsity, please tell them about the glitches!

Once Day 2 results get inputed, it changes the Day 1 standings so that the teams are all in order of Day 2 placement instead of Day 1. For instance Stingrays Jr 1 is listed in 1st place on Day 1 despite the fact they were actually in 6th (they moved up to 1st Day 2).

There’s also an issue where several divisions appear twice. As you’re scrolling through, it will just start repeating divisions.

There’s another issue where if you click “View All” to see the whole division standings and then press Back, it takes you back to the top of the page instead of where you left off. It’s terrible to get sent to the top of the page after scrolling through 70 divisions!

I can't help but feeling as though this is a corporate response on how they are providing additional athlete safety for these lawsuits. Before anyone starts debating me, I'm assuming, I don't know. I have to imagine, however, when one of the accusations is "promoting free access to underage minors for the purpose of sexual solicitation" these lawyers not only have to deny any intentional wrong doing, but also provide ways going forward, they are going to provide "less access" for improving athlete safety.

More issues with the Varsity Results pages. If anyone knows anyone at Varsity, please tell them about the glitches!

Once Day 2 results get inputed, it changes the Day 1 standings so that the teams are all in order of Day 2 placement instead of Day 1. For instance Stingrays Jr 1 is listed in 1st place on Day 1 despite the fact they were actually in 6th (they moved up to 1st Day 2).

There’s also an issue where several divisions appear twice. As you’re scrolling through, it will just start repeating divisions.

There’s another issue where if you click “View All” to see the whole division standings and then press Back, it takes you back to the top of the page instead of where you left off. It’s terrible to get sent to the top of the page after scrolling through 70 divisions!
Frustrating. I'm hoping, because it's a new format, they're still working on it. If not, it doesn't make much sense they provide a Day 1/Day 2 tab, or Prelim/Final tab. I stopped scrolling and got my info via the Division tab, and didn't press the "View All" for all of the reasons you gave above.

Back