All-Star Varsity Frustration

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheermom1979

Cheer Parent
Aug 25, 2019
I know this is to be expected but I am so frustrated with the lack of information provided by Varsity. I don’t understand not providing schedules until the very last minute. I have a family I need to plan for and a 10 hour schedule block is not helpful; comp time decides if I book a hotel or not. Also- how have they not figured out how to provide post event score in a reasonable amount of time. The logistics of data collection are so easy these days; scoring should be real-time like most if not all other sports. Don’t even get me stared on the 40 per month access to watch routines with no sound.

Sorry end of rant. Have any IEPs fixed these issues?

I know this is to be expected but I am so frustrated with the lack of information provided by Varsity. I don’t understand not providing schedules until the very last minute. I have a family I need to plan for and a 10 hour schedule block is not helpful; comp time decides if I book a hotel or not. Also- how have they not figured out how to provide post event score in a reasonable amount of time. The logistics of data collectiothese days; scoring should be real-time like most if not all other sports. Don’t even get me stared on the 40 per month access to watch routines with no sound.

Sorry end of rant. Have any IEPs fixed these issues?
Agree but teams add or scratch with in the month of a comp…….so if they put a schedule out a month prior then completely change it then what’s worse? One comp our times were drastically changed from the first time they put out a schedule…..not fun!

Agree but teams add or scratch with in the month of a comp…….so if they put a schedule out a month prior then completely change it then what’s worse? One comp our times were drastically changed from the first time they put out a schedule…..not fun!
The month of certainly, but as of 2 weeks before they should be set, if someone scratches you just have a blank space or move a team up one spot. This doesn't require a rework of the schedule.

5 years ago Varsity schedules came out no later then 6pm EST the Monday of the competition week. Now it is Wednesday if you are lucky. Scheduling is done via computer software, which then generates the schedules. The gyms have the schedules weeks in advance but Varsity continues to not make them publicly available until the last minute. It is worth noting that Jam Brands has always been the worst of the bunch, the year before the pandemic they released the Jamfest Super Nationals Schedule on the Thursday before the competition. NCA Nationals has always been the best about this with schedules typically posted no worse then 2 weeks before hand. If NCA the largest Varsity competition can do it, all these other could too.

I am not looking for weeks in advance and am fine with the block. But It is currently 230 on Wednesday and we compete Saturday with only the block available. I am an events planner and understand the constant updates that happen before events. But at this point the change is minutes not hours.

I am not looking for weeks in advance and am fine with the block. But It is currently 230 on Wednesday and we compete Saturday with only the block available. I am an events planner and understand the constant updates that happen before events. But at this point the change is minutes not hours.

A schedule for this weekend ended up changing a team by two hours from the second version to the final. That's within the week of the event...

We have comp tomorrow and have thankfully received times from the coaches, but Varsity has still not released the Performance Order…..

Ours was finally released last night. And we are the 1st routine of the day…will be an early start!! Best of luck this weekend!

Varsity is usually good about posting results/standings for most competitions minutes to hours after they are available. But this weekend I cannot even find a Results tab listed under any competition on Varsity TV, never mind actual scores/results. Any idea what’s going on with that? Hopefully this is not the new method, it would help kill the sport. How would anyone know what teams to search for to watch on Varsity TV if they don’t even know what the standings are/who competed in each division? It’s as if they don’t want anyone interested in this sport (except maybe the moms who are only interested in watching their own kid’s routine).

Last edited:
Zero score have been loaded- it so irritating. And on the varsity TV results page there are only 3 events listed for this weekend- and not the event I’m attending- lol.
I know coaches have scores but I would like to see where we fall against other team’s especially with the new score sheet.

Cheer Updates has been posting scores, I wonder where he’s getting them all from, because it’s not from VarsityTV. It’s sad we have to rely on some guy on twitter just know what anyone’s scoring. I wonder what the issue is with posting scores this season? That’s one thing Varsity has always done a decent job at. Hopefully this gets fixed as the season progresses towards more important comps because this is pretty horrible. Fewer people will bother signing up with VarsityTV if they can’t easily find who even competed & what they scored.

Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately, they don’t post D2 and I can’t find them anywhere

Zero score have been loaded- it so irritating. And on the varsity TV results page there are only 3 events listed for this weekend- and not the event I’m attending- lol.
I know coaches have scores but I would like to see where we fall against other team’s especially with the new score sheet.
I've heard Varsity will not be releasing scores this year, If you are as upset as I am on this and realize it allows covering up of poor judging and outright cheating then please tweet at Varsity and start a campaign to shame them into doing the right thing.

Varsity is usually good about posting results/standings for most competitions minutes to hours after they are available. But this weekend I cannot even find a Results tab listed under any competition on Varsity TV, never mind actual scores/results. Any idea what’s going on with that? Hopefully this is not the new method, it would help kill the sport. How would anyone know what teams to search for to watch on Varsity TV if they don’t even know what the standings are/who competed in each division? It’s as if they don’t want anyone interested in this sport (except maybe the moms who are only interested in watching their own kid’s routine).
I just renewed my Varsity TV subscription this morning, and had I known they weren't posting scores, I wouldn't have renewed. What's the point? I really don't care about the numerical scores, being that you need an actual scoresheet for it to tell you anything, but no rankings? I sure hope this is a hardware update glitch, or a flu/C-19 epidemic and they have a temporary staff shortage.

@Oldcheerhistory I just saw your post, who did you hear this from? Varsity? CU? Gym owner? Coach? Athlete? If this is true, this is the last year I subscribe.

I just renewed my Varsity TV subscription this morning, and had I known they weren't posting scores, I wouldn't have renewed. What's the point? I really don't care about the numerical scores, being that you need an actual scoresheet for it to tell you anything, but no rankings? I sure hope this is a hardware update glitch, or a flu/C-19 epidemic and they have a temporary staff shortage.

@Oldcheerhistory I just saw your post, who did you hear this from? Varsity? CU? Gym owner? Coach? Athlete? If this is true, this is the last year I subscribe.
I had heard from someone I know at Varsity, but scores all of a sudden have shown up now. Not sure whether this will be an ongoing issue or not, will check mid week.

Back