High School Vintage Cheer Stories/photos/memories!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

e921206216caa6c3d2b54b530ff46428.jpg

JV Team from Western Branch High School, 1988. I remember doing shoulder stands and the like. Lol. So much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e921206216caa6c3d2b54b530ff46428.jpg

JV Team from Western Branch High School, 1988. I remember doing shoulder stands and the like. Lol. So much fun.

I hated shoulder stands so freaking much. As a base, they felt uncomfortable mainly because we used chunky Kaepas that dug into my neck (to this day I will not use Kaepas because I have such terrible memories of that heavy, clunky shoe). I could just barely tilt my head up and cheer at the same time, and my discomfort was written all over my face even as I tried to cheese it up.

For some reason, my coach took it out.

I hated shoulder stands so freaking much. As a base, they felt uncomfortable mainly because we used chunky Kaepas that dug into my neck (to this day I will not use Kaepas because I have such terrible memories of that heavy, clunky shoe). I could just barely tilt my head up and cheer at the same time, and my discomfort was written all over my face even as I tried to cheese it up.

For some reason, my coach took it out.

We had high top Reeboks. And what were the stunts where the bases made a table of their back and people stood in them— mid stunts — those were bad too

We had high top Reeboks. And what were the stunts where the bases made a table of their back and people stood in them— mid stunts — those were bad too

Flatback pyramids! Like this right?
(Found on google)

0929aa7ddd598c969eb93ae8ea2a726e--cheer-pyramids-college-cheerleading.jpg

Shoulder stands still make me cringe, nothing worse than being on the first level of college pyramids. I did one collegiate season and said never again lol.

Back