Voting Time!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What happened to most likely to post on a boring thread?
ETA: Nvmd. Just skipped it

The Official New Cheer Dad Concession Speech*

Fellow supporter,

Today we have come to the end of a long journey.

One year ago, when I announced my candidacy for "Best Overall Male 2012", I did so with a song in my heart. A cheer song. I'm not sure exactly what cheer song since they all kind of blend together after a while, but I can assure that the song definitely had claps and bongs and all sorts of cheer musicy things in it. And it had a voiceover, too, something about being the best and winning titles and stuff.

So over the last twelve months I have traveled this great Fierce Board of ours. When the USASF rules changes were announced, I was there. When the USASF rules were changed again, I was there as well. And when the greatest competition in the cheer season - the 2012 Worlds - were going on, I was...well, I was doing other things but you and I know that I was there in spirit. Because cheer is all about spirit and stuff.

Whether it's been commiserating with the "Not A Cheer Parent" parents on Cheer Parents Online, lowering myself to actually associate with Newbies or even reading posts in the "Is This Legal?" forum even though I have no earthly idea what I'm talking about....I have gotten to know this great Fierce Board. And I can tell you right now that the state of the Fierce Board is strong.

For the most part.

Ok, the 18+ forum needs some work, and I honestly have no interest in the Trading Post because I will never personally need a World Cup t-shirt. But overall, I have never been more confident in the state of the board than I am right now.

But at the end of the day, making pithy posts and completely random comments in an attempt to derail threads was not enough to move on.

So now my journey ends. My candidacy is no more. Kaput. 86'd. But the things I fight for - mandatory athlete registration, a sane World's transfer policy and low-cost opportunities for kids to experience all-star cheer - those things live on. As well as my desire for breakfast sausage. Because dammit, I love slightly crispy, slightly burnt breakfast sausage.

As to whom I endorse to be "Best Overall Male" in 2012, I will be making such an announcement in due time. I understand my endorsement is coveted, and cash donations to my super PAC - Cheer Dads For A Better America - are welcome. When I am prepared to make my endorsement, I will make I do so in the most ostentatious, self-aggrandizing manner possible to make sure that everyone knows that I believe I should be the nominee and not the guy I'm endorsing.

But no matter what happens, when this election is over, we all must come together. Whether we bleed teal or think we're a top gun, whether our allegiance lies with a cheetah or a stingray, at the end of the day we are all cheerleaders. Or parents. Or former cheerleaders. Or people who are fans of cheerleaders. Or people who mistyped "Fleece Board" in a google search and got this site instead.

So thank you all, and god bless you, and god bless the United States All-Star Federation.

*Parody, people.

That was awesome ^^

While I didn't literally lol, I am lol-ing on the inside.

The Official New Cheer Dad Concession Speech*

Fellow supporter,

Today we have come to the end of a long journey.

One year ago, when I announced my candidacy for "Best Overall Male 2012", I did so with a song in my heart. A cheer song. I'm not sure exactly what cheer song since they all kind of blend together after a while, but I can assure that the song definitely had claps and bongs and all sorts of cheer musicy things in it. And it had a voiceover, too, something about being the best and winning titles and stuff.

So over the last twelve months I have traveled this great Fierce Board of ours. When the USASF rules changes were announced, I was there. When the USASF rules were changed again, I was there as well. And when the greatest competition in the cheer season - the 2012 Worlds - were going on, I was...well, I was doing other things but you and I know that I was there in spirit. Because cheer is all about spirit and stuff.

Whether it's been commiserating with the "Not A Cheer Parent" parents on Cheer Parents Online, lowering myself to actually associate with Newbies or even reading posts in the "Is This Legal?" forum even though I have no earthly idea what I'm talking about....I have gotten to know this great Fierce Board. And I can tell you right now that the state of the Fierce Board is strong.

For the most part.

Ok, the 18+ forum needs some work, and I honestly have no interest in the Trading Post because I will never personally need a World Cup t-shirt. But overall, I have never been more confident in the state of the board than I am right now.

But at the end of the day, making pithy posts and completely random comments in an attempt to derail threads was not enough to move on.

So now my journey ends. My candidacy is no more. Kaput. 86'd. But the things I fight for - mandatory athlete registration, a sane World's transfer policy and low-cost opportunities for kids to experience all-star cheer - those things live on. As well as my desire for breakfast sausage. Because dammit, I love slightly crispy, slightly burnt breakfast sausage.

As to whom I endorse to be "Best Overall Male" in 2012, I will be making such an announcement in due time. I understand my endorsement is coveted, and cash donations to my super PAC - Cheer Dads For A Better America - are welcome. When I am prepared to make my endorsement, I will make I do so in the most ostentatious, self-aggrandizing manner possible to make sure that everyone knows that I believe I should be the nominee and not the guy I'm endorsing.

But no matter what happens, when this election is over, we all must come together. Whether we bleed teal or think we're a top gun, whether our allegiance lies with a cheetah or a stingray, at the end of the day we are all cheerleaders. Or parents. Or former cheerleaders. Or people who are fans of cheerleaders. Or people who mistyped "Fleece Board" in a google search and got this site instead.

So thank you all, and god bless you, and god bless the United States All-Star Federation.

*Parody, people.

You definitely win something for this post! LOL

Back