OT Wedding Dresses...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My mother wore a Pricilla of Boston gown when she got married and for years I had been excited to wear one too. Then they closed down without me knowing. Heartbroken. :( Especially since my wedding is probably only a few years away and I could have gotten an AMAZING deal at the closeout sales.

I am OBSESSED with this whole collection. My favorite one is Tiana and their dresses are reasonably priced too!

When I saw the commercial on TV the first thing I did was go to the website and look at them. They are all so gorgeous and who wouldn't want to say they dresses in their favorite princess inspired dress?!? I love the designer though, he designed my aunt's wedding dress years ago and it was so gorgeous in person. There is a place here that sells them, but I am too embarrassed to go in and see them in person since I'm not engaged.

I'm not engaged, haven't even got a boyfriend (my ideal man is basically Tim Tebow and you dont find many like him here), but as a model i've done a few bits and bobs for bridal stores and events so it has obviously made me think about what I would or wouldn't have.

I've basically thought of 2 dream scenarios, based on budget/family stuff etc. One thing is for certain - I am absolutely NOT cutting any corners with the bridal party's dresses or the groomsmen's suits. One thing I hate is poorly made clothing, especially on such an occasion, so I will happily spend a little more on making sure everything is good quality and a perfect fit.

Scenario one - summer beach/villa wedding -
Ceremony held either on the beach or in a sprawling villa-type venue with lots of traditional hispanic culture. I'm not hispanic but I love the richness and vibrancy of their architecture etc.
My dress will be a white or ivory dress, something like this - sadly Maggie Sottero discontinued this exact dress :( -
fp3y85.jpg

My bridesmaids will be in burnt orange, and probably short strapless dresses with gold laceweight shawls hand made by my mum.

Scenario two - British Stately home -
Ceremony held in a beautiful manor house or stately home. Very regal, traditionally british sort of venue.
My dress will again be all white or ivory, but I'm torn between a traditional ballgown or a mermaid shape. Still nothing too fussy or frilly. This is probably my favourite because it's SO simple but so breathtaking and I know Jovani well enough to know it'll be AMAZING:
fxuhwj.jpg

My bridesmaids will either be in emerald green, teal or scarlet. Depends on the time of year.

All I need now is a money tree and a fiance!

I'm not engaged, waiting for the boy to pop the question, but I am already decided I am getting one of the new Disney princess themed dresses. They have bridesmaid and flowergirl dresses to go along with whatever princess you choose. Whenever I get engaged it will take no time to get ready because I have it all bookmarked on my computer already :oops:

As for colors I want red, black, and white. Bridesmaids in black dresses (black flatters most shapes and sizes) but I don't know how to incorporate the red into their flowers because I want my flowers to be lillies. Maybe a red shoe and ribbon around the flowers.

Clearly I have put a bit too much thought into it all.
Are you my roommate? Swear to god she could've typed this word for word lol.

Anywho, since 3 out of my 5 college roommates got engaged/married over the past 2 years, I'm obsessed with all things wedding. Pinterest is like crack to me. We spent countless hours junior year after the first engagement looking at bridal magazines and websites. David's Bridal has a feature where you can virtually plan your wedding party (SO fun, btw), which I've done oh, about 1000 times. I'm planning on getting married at Cape Cod since it's one of my favorite places to be, but it's pricey, so we'll see. (Also need to get on the whole, bf/fiance thing but that's another story lol)

As far as the dress, I'm really petite and don't like puffy dresses, or long trains for me. I'd much prefer something slim fitting, with a little bit of bling. I'm on my work computer so I don't have images saved, but these are the types of dresses I like:
1) the back of this - Redirect Notice

2) Redirect Notice

or 3) Redirect Notice

Hope those show up, the school may have some sort of block up I'm not sure...

PS Sorry the long post! Wedding's get me so excited! Roommate #3 is getting married in two weeks! YIKES!!

Are you my roommate? Swear to god she could've typed this word for word lol.

Anywho, since 3 out of my 5 college roommates got engaged/married over the past 2 years, I'm obsessed with all things wedding. Pinterest is like crack to me. We spent countless hours junior year after the first engagement looking at bridal magazines and websites. David's Bridal has a feature where you can virtually plan your wedding party (SO fun, btw), which I've done oh, about 1000 times. I'm planning on getting married at Cape Cod since it's one of my favorite places to be, but it's pricey, so we'll see. (Also need to get on the whole, bf/fiance thing but that's another story lol)

As far as the dress, I'm really petite and don't like puffy dresses, or long trains for me. I'd much prefer something slim fitting, with a little bit of bling. I'm on my work computer so I don't have images saved, but these are the types of dresses I like:
1) the back of this - Redirect Notice

2) Redirect Notice

or 3) Redirect Notice

Hope those show up, the school may have some sort of block up I'm not sure...

PS Sorry the long post! Wedding's get me so excited! Roommate #3 is getting married in two weeks! YIKES!!
yeah im addicted now

...Related but not related. I was to be a bridesmaid in my former friend and former college roommate's wedding last April...but she abruptly cancelled the wedding 2 or 3 weeks prior..despite knowing for a year that she didn't want to marry him (they dated 7 yrs btw)...and having us all spend $300 on a dress, $600 on wedding related activities...oh did I mention she is yet to return my wedding gifts...

Anyway...back to my story. I had a $300 bridesmaids dress that would not go away or die (meaning the junk survived the fire at my moms house). Today while my mom was plundering around the mall handing prom stuff for my sister she spotted a family (the kids had gone to the school where my mom teachers) with financial problems looking for a prom dress for the oldest daughter in Burlington Coat Factory...really looking at awful stuff and the girl looked sad.

She approached them and said, hey my daughter has a dress that has never been worn, and you all are about the same size, would you like to come look at it?

So the girl and her family did, and she loved it (which is great because I didn't like it...its purple... I don't do purple) and now she is wearing it to prom!!! Makes me so happy that such and awful friendship ruining situation resulted in a girl having a really nice prom dress.

Oh and I guess back to the topic at hand...I don't look at wedding dresses or wedding related things (with the exception of Say Yes to the Dress, but not in the gahhh I wish it were me kind of way). If I ever get married I'm sure the wedding will be fab and gorgeous and all those superficial things but I'm more focused on the man and the marriage itself. As i've learned with my former friend (and from Kim Kardashian) we typically get caught up in the glamour and narcisisstic attributes of a wedding, but forget to focus on what happens in the lifetime after.

I care more about the relationship and the marriage...

That is all

I'm not engaged, waiting for the boy to pop the question, but I am already decided I am getting one of the new Disney princess themed dresses. They have bridesmaid and flowergirl dresses to go along with whatever princess you choose. Whenever I get engaged it will take no time to get ready because I have it all bookmarked on my computer already :oops:

As for colors I want red, black, and white. Bridesmaids in black dresses (black flatters most shapes and sizes) but I don't know how to incorporate the red into their flowers because I want my flowers to be lillies. Maybe a red shoe and ribbon around the flowers.

I think we were separated at birth...

I'm getting married this fall and those are my colors! :) My bridesmaids also have LBD to wear!
Since I'm wearing white, I'll have red and white flowers in my bouquet, the girls will have white flowers. Their shoes will either be black or red, depending on what we find when we go shopping.

Back