All-Star Well Now What Are We Are We Supposed To Talk About.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can we petition against the rule that bans high school cheerleaders in Illinois from doing All-star? Even if they just practice together once a week until February, I can see them doing so well... their scoring potential is up there.

AZ had this same policy up until this most recent year. It was a high point of contention over here, mostly due to income inequality. If you coached at a poor school, you couldn't tell the parents to also pay for allstar cheer, versus a richer school who could align with a high profile program and have their athletes essentially get double trained. Plus, the athlete burnout is a much bigger factor. I think there could be a nice balance but it'll take a few more years. Definitely pros and cons both ways.

Curiousity:

*Which program had highest medal count this weekend?

*Does anyone have more rings than Ambrel and Santwon now? Lol.
There are 4 athletes that I know of with 6, Ambrel included. I believe Santwon has 4. We were talking about it in the Worlds thread, but it's probably buried in there somewhere now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Curiousity:

*Which program had highest medal count this weekend?

*Does anyone have more rings than Ambrel and Santwon now? Lol.

I believe Cali had the most with 7?

Sparkle, Ghost Recon, Black Ops, Lady Bullets, Rangers, Aces, and Reckless all globed. 3 golds from Rangers, Reckless and Black Ops. 2 silver from Sparkle and Ghost Recon. And 2 bronze from Lady Bullets and Aces.

I VOTE THAT ALL PYRAMIDS NOW BE REPLACED WITH SOMETHING ELSE.

INTERPRETIVE DANCE. PARKOUR. JUGGLING. CARTWHEELS.

I think you mean hokey pokey and leap frog.

Fuel Athletics already found out that you can do the hokey pokey on the mat and STILL score the same as other teams at the competition. Thank god for their investigative journalism. Now we have suitable pyramid alternatives.

After watching F5's Day 2 performance and Shooting Stars' Day 1 performance, tumbling RIGHT at the end of a routine is a no for me. I want to be able to celebrate during your dance, not stress about a potential AF.

Also, I don't think I've seen so many teams get taken out because of their pyramid section before... it's usually a more secure portion of the routine compared to the elite stunts and tumbling.
I remember the norm was to put tumbling towards the beginning or am i just imagining that?

I remember the norm was to put tumbling towards the beginning or am i just imagining that?

Doesn't it always go:

Standing
Stunt
Some more standing, maybe some jumps, tosses
Stunt
maybe some jumps if you did not already do them, tosses
Running
PYR
Dance.

I am really weird about ending in PYR (similar to UCA school cheer style.) It gives me anxiety.

I am also not a fan of any sort of SKILLS in the dance. Tumbling, a basket, even a prep. All it does is give you one more opportunity for a BF or AF.

Last edited:
Doesn't it always go:

Standing
Stunt
Stunt
Running
PYR
Dance.

I am really weird about ending in PYR (similar to UCA school cheer style.) It gives me anxiety.

I am also not a fan of any sort of SKILLS in the dance. Tumbling, a basket, even a prep. All it does is give you one more opportunity for a BF or AF.

Order is subjective.

Ours goes:
running
stunt
jumps
standing
tosses
stunt
running
pyramid
dance

There are 4 athletes that I know of with 6, Ambrel included. I believe Santwon has 4. We were talking about it in the Worlds thread, but it's probably buried in there somewhere now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He has 5.

Doesn't it always go:

Standing
Stunt
Stunt
Running
PYR
Dance.

Generally, routines are organized in a a way that shows off that teams skills. Starting with something strong, and following a weak part with another strong point. But dance is and always should be last in my opinion.

Generally, routines are organized in a a way that shows off that teams skills. Starting with something strong, and following a weak part with another strong point. But dance is and always should be last in my opinion.
One of our routines this year was choreographed with Pyramid at the end, and I hated it. The kids looked tired, it was stressful and it did not score well.

Back